The Erosion of truth is now upon us....

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,292.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It is scripture like this that burns like fire through the teaching that even if we do not repent when chastened by the Lord, we will still hear that "Well done, thou good and faithful servant."

God commands men everywhere to repent, saved or lost. He chastens us because He loves us and longs for us to repent, but at some point, He will simply stop convicting and chastening. That is a point we want to avoid at all costs.

To try to argue that once we are saved, even lack of repentance is not grounds for rejection is the ultimate "all in" bet. To see the many verses that talk of conditional salvation with the many "if's" that are listed... like:

"....IF we continue in the faith and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel"

or

"....IF we continue in His goodness. Otherwise we too shall be cut off"....

and to gamble that being cut off , or becoming a castaway does not mean losing ones salvation, it is a gamble of the most extreme seriousness imaginable. Why would we not want to obey Him after He bled, suffered excruciating pain and then died in our place? To say we are weak, when in truth our old nature does not want to bow the knee fully is something God sees through. He sees the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I know you have not been among those who say that God will forgive even if we do not repent, and you are more balanced, but in many cases at least, balance means compromise. Dangerous ground. I do like conversing with you as you seem fair. I hope the things I say, even though they are hard words of warning, do not come across as condemning. Convicting? Yes, I pray they cut deep, but only so that we might be healed.

Many blessings,

Gideon

I appreciate what you have said . I think there's a difference between balancing two godly attributes and compromising godly attributes through mixture.

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

.....and to gamble that being cut off , or becoming a castaway does not mean losing ones salvation, it is a gamble of the most extreme seriousness imaginable....

Many blessings,

Gideon
I'm just going to jump right in. You say things like this, but leave it hanging, begging the question:

If "becoming a castaway does not mean losing ones salvation"....why does it mean exactly? Then you continue, "it is a gamble of the most extreme seriousness imaginable...."

In my mind, "the most extreme seriousness imaginable" is to be completely cut off from the Father. Is that what you mean? It's a double-entredre or redundant. To be cut off from the Father is losing ones salvation. So to put it in another way, what's the worst thing without losing ones salvation?

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

I'm just going to jump right in. You say things like this, but leave it hanging, begging the question:

If "becoming a castaway does not mean losing ones salvation"....why does it mean exactly? Then you continue, "it is a gamble of the most extreme seriousness imaginable...."

In my mind, "the most extreme seriousness imaginable" is to be completely cut off from the Father. Is that what you mean? It's a double-entredre or redundant. To be cut off from the Father is losing ones salvation. So to put it in another way, what's the worst thing without losing ones salvation?

I fully believe it means losing ones salvation, because our salvation is now being worked out. Enduring to the end is part of the requirements. Obedience is part of the prosed effects. But there is a common line of thinking among some believers that even if they get by into heaven by the skin of their teeth, that is all they want, and they will be completely satisfied. But if our hearts do not long to obey now, they will HATE heaven. Hate it.

This very thought process reeks of satan's deceptions. Are we to be satisfied with giving just enough of our hearts to win heaven but not glorify the one that bought us? Who thinks like that? It is the one who has no faith that God can keep him from falling, and thus, if all are sinners anyway, then why "get all radical" about our obedience? It is this lie that will send many who think all is well with them because they are "saved", no matter if they repent or not, or if they obey or not, or iuf they please their God or not.

Judgment will begin with us, smack dab in the church. God spoke to those in Sardis that "a few of them would walk with Him in white, for they were worthy."

WHATT? We have to be found worthy?? Yes. God said it, not me. How?

Full, total submission to the Spirit within us.

Full faith in the one who bought us to keep us from falling and to deliver us from evil, not just its penalty.

God is looking not at our salvation prayer, but at our heart, right now...this minute. If our heart has been hardened through the deceitfulness of sin, and we no longer weep when we fail Him, but just shrug our shoulders and say "Oh, well, praise God for Jesus! he knows I am only human.", it makes a total mockery of the cross, by which we were crucified to the world and the world crucified to us.

It is this deception, that sin no longer matters in our lives, that repentance makes us "sin conscious" that must be exposed to the light to be cut our of our hearts and minds. This is the gospel that itching ears like. Amazingly, we are told that any attempts by us to seek Him...and His righteousness.... with our whole hearts is to go back under the law, and that we are trying to "earn" our salvation. Is this not satan's lies at their most deceptive?

When do we find Him so that we can abide in Him? When we seek Him with our whole heart. To reserve a part of our heart for us is danger beyond imaginable. But thank God He is awakening us to satan's lies. We are about to discover the blessing of lighting our lamps, of combining the blood of the Lamb with the words of OUR testimony. We are light...right now, but we cannot live like light beings until we believe our God, and we cannot believe our God until we do so with our whole hearts. it is time to seek the Lord, in sack cloth and ashes if needs be.
Whatever the cost to us, I pray we find the courage to lay aside every weight, every sin, and to seek His promise of causing us to walk in joy-filled obedience all day, every day, until the Lord returns for us, a bride without spot or wrinkle.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gids, that sounds awfully like a works doctrine.

Is righteousness proportional to behavior? If it does, then we'll never be fully righteous, and if we're not righteous we cannot stand before God without condemnation.

Have you been declared righteous or unrighteous?

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Is righteousness proportional to behavior? If it does, then we'll never be fully righteous, and if we're not righteous we cannot stand before God without condemnation.

exactly, otherwise it's works based righteousness, not good!

5:21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

No one can a bring a charge, legal wordage, against God's elect Rom 8, but for some reason we get charged here, everyday.:o

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I fully believe it means losing ones salvation, because our salvation is now being worked out. Enduring to the end is part of the requirements.

Hello Gideon:)

Are you referencing Matthew 24?

but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

I believe Matthew 24 is talking of end times. If you look at the list in Matthew 24, many of these events are not general in the life of Christians but are part of the Tribulation hour.

“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’

I'm not saying that we shouldn't stand firm, we should, but I think this passage is referring specifically to the Tribulation. Those messianc Jews who stand firm throughout the Tribulation will live to see the end of it. I believe that's what the passage is referring to.

:)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,361.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I fully believe it means losing ones salvation, because our salvation is now being worked out. Enduring to the end is part of the requirements.

I believe Matthew 24 is talking of end times. If you look at the list in Matthew 24, many of these events are not general in the life of Christians but are part of the Tribulation hour.

“So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’

I'm not saying that we shouldn't stand firm, we should, but I think this passage is referring specifically to the Tribulation. Those messianc Jews who stand firm throughout the Tribulation will live to see the end of it. I believe that's what the passage is referring to.

Some are saved 'out of' the Tribulation hour, others are saved 'through'.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

No, righteousness is not proportional to behavior but to faith from a fully yielded heart. Brother, I totally understand the confusion, I really do. But what many are missing is that once we break before Him and hate our old nature and believe that the old us is dead and that we are new, God is now the one living in us, and just as He has promised, He causes us to walk in full obedience. It is His works through us, not ours, and we can take no pride in what we see accomplished through us. We obey now because of natures that want to, instead of trying to get our old nature to want to do new nature things.

It is not works that I call men to, but a right heart. Yielding fully is not a work at all, it is full surrender because we CAN'T produce good works. Seeking Him...and His righteousness... is not a work but a state of our heart. Believing the promises and exercising faith in God is not a work at all. We do this because no matter how hard we try otherwise, we will never bear abundant spiritual fruit. I pray you see this.

The word is clear. We are called to be holy, for He is holy. We are called to be pure in heart if we are to see God. Yet we cannot, so we assume we simply have been given this positionally and it matters not how we actually live. We are wrong.

And where are we missing it? We do not (yet) believe that our God can so indwell us with our old nature truly put off, that He will actually cause holiness of character to grow in us from the inside out.

I am as far from a legalist as one can find, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. What we have missed is the promise that grace is not given to overlook our faults, but to eliminate them by Him now living IN us.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

No, righteousness is not proportional to behavior but to faith from a fully yielded heart. Brother, I totally understand the confusion, I really do. But what many are missing is that once we break before Him and hate our old nature and believe that the old us is dead and that we are new, God is now the one living in us, and just as He has promised, He causes us to walk in full obedience. It is His works through us, not ours, and we can take no pride in what we see accomplished through us. We obey now because of natures that want to, instead of trying to get our old nature to want to do new nature things.

It is not works that I call men to, but a right heart. Yielding fully is not a work at all, it is full surrender because we CAN'T produce good works. Seeking Him...and His righteousness... is not a work but a state of our heart. Believing the promises and exercising faith in God is not a work at all. We do this because no matter how hard we try otherwise, we will never bear abundant spiritual fruit. I pray you see this.

The word is clear. We are called to be holy, for He is holy. We are called to be pure in heart if we are to see God. Yet we cannot, so we assume we simply have been given this positionally and it matters not how we actually live. We are wrong.

And where are we missing it? We do not (yet) believe that our God can so indwell us with our old nature truly put off, that He will actually cause holiness of character to grow in us from the inside out.

I am as far from a legalist as one can find, for by the law is the knowledge of sin. What we have missed is the promise that grace is not given to overlook our faults, but to eliminate them by Him now living IN us.

Blessings,

Gideon
Are you therefore righteous or unrighteous?

Let's start with that, because understanding righteousness is a revelation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
G

gideons300

It amazes me that there is always a reason why the clear word of God is somehow not applicable to us. But God has spoken. We are to live by ever word out of the mouth of God. Will we set our hearts to listen to His promises...His warnings, or will we say "That is for the other fellow, not me."
Danger lies on that path. May we all find the answer we spo desperately need.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It amazes me that there is always a reason why the clear word of God is somehow not applicable to us. But God has spoken. We are to live by ever word out of the mouth of God. Will we set our hearts to listen to His promises...His warnings, or will we say "That is for the other fellow, not me."
Danger lies on that path. May we all find the answer we spo desperately need.

Blessings,

Gideon
Warning? Danger? The gospel is good news; maybe even too good for some of us. Here's a word from God:

"It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption." 1 Cor 1:30

So, here's the wisdom from God, and not from me: Jesus is our righteousness. Jesus is our holiness. Jesus is our redemption. IOW, God in his wisdom knew that if he left it up to us, to attain or earn our own righteousness, our own holiness, our own redemption, it would never happen. So Jesus did it on our behalf. That's great news!

And that's our starting point. He is my righteousness. He is my holiness. He is my redemption. And from that starting point, I start to walk it out. So the motivator for me to obey, to do good works, to no longer sin, etc., is not because of a fear of punishment, or of judgement, but simply because He's been so kind.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Warning? Danger? The gospel is good news; maybe even too good for some of us. Here's a word from God:

"It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption." 1 Cor 1:30

So, here's the wisdom from God, and not from me: Jesus is our righteousness. Jesus is our holiness. Jesus is our redemption. IOW, God in his wisdom knew that if he left it up to us, to attain or earn our own righteousness, our own holiness, our own redemption, it would never happen. So Jesus did it on our behalf. That's great news!

And that's our starting point. He is my righteousness. He is my holiness. He is my redemption. And from that starting point, I start to walk it out. So the motivator for me to obey, to do good works, to no longer sin, etc., is not because of a fear of punishment, or of judgement, but simply because He's been so kind.

Brother, Christ died for the sins of the whole world, amen? He died so that none would be condemned but that all come to repentance and faith as the way to please Him.

Yet will all be saved? We know this to be false. Why? They did not obey the gospel and yield and believe. As the principle of the Word tells us, truth is wonderful, but for some, it did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. Shall we ignore this and remain in staunch unbelief given that Christ has promised us that He would actually cause us to bring forth holy fruits? Forgiveness is a wonderful thing, but there is more and we cannot sit down in the wilderness and rest content. yes, we are no longer in Egypt and we are also coming short of what god has prepared for us. He does not ask that we "work harder". What He does ask that we WANT holy natures, and long for obedient hearts. Without that, we cannot move forward. We are told to hunger and thirst for righteousness... to seek Him AND his righteousness, so that our lives will bring glory to God. Is that what we want? Do our words, our actions show this?

God told His people, the israelites, after bringing them out of Egypt, that He had a gift for them...rest in the promised land. He assured them that every step they took would be theirs. Awesome news! Yet did it profit them? Do we not remember that of the 600,000 who came out of Egypt, only TWO entered in? God is not obligated to please the majority, He has obligated Himself to honor faith alone.

We are counselled to remember this, for even though God brought them out by way of miracle, nevertheless, the overwhelming majority of them died and their bones bleached in the intense heat of the wilderness. God had a lesson for us, but how few there are yet... who understand it.

If God has become our wisdom and righteousness and sanctifcation and honor, and yet we act that such grace is "nice" for it allows us to continue in sin that grace may abound, we are dancing dangerously close to the edge of judgment. Do we really WANT to be holy? Do we yearn to love God with all of our hearts and to love others in the exact same way that we love ourselves? if we do not, something is amiss, and it is no small error.

What we want to use as assurance will, lest we repent, be the very thing that accuses rather than excuses. for if we do not realize, to whom much is given, much is required. How do we connect that with a "gospel" that is really no gospel at all, that says that NOTHING is required of us? It makes no sense at all, unless hearts have become hardened by the deceitfulness of sin and people cannot truly see the error they are embracing.

God will not let us wander to the edge and fall off into an eternity without warning us, for as many as He loves, he chastens. The truth is if we are without chastening, if our hearts say all is ok even if we sin continually and refuse to repent when He calls us to, then we are not sons at all. These are His words, not man's interpretation.

We have but scratched the surface of the depth of the good news, but until we want what he offers and learn to HATE our old nature that wants to rest content in sin and refuse to long for purity of heart and holy natures that all can see, we simply cannot see the depth of what grace really offers.... new natures that God will actually CAUSE to walk obediently after Him, even to death.

Indeed, positional holiness IS our starting point, but we have been taught that is also the best He can do and that grace cannot actually teach us how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor.

Blessings,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G

gideons300

If Giod has been so kind to us that even if we sin continually, if we refuse to repent and still His love will keep us, then may i ask "How has this "revelation" affected us? If it is true, which is not, but if it were, would the effect not be to love Him even more, to long to please him even more, to want obedient natures in all things more than any sin? Is this what we see? Are those most on fire for God, longing for souls to find such a savior, the ones walking in such a belief? Or do we see complacency and contentment without godliness the result? We are to know truth by the fruits it brings forth in our walks, and sadly, i think it obvious to any honest seeker that such is not the case at all. More effort is made to justify sin rather than flee it. Walking as a living sacrifice is looked upon as law. Repentance is looked upon as earning our salvation.

The truth is perfectly clear. We can either agree with it and bow our knees, or resist it, and put our very souls in deep danger. Each will be responsible for what he chooses to do.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If Giod has been so kind to us that even if we sin continually, if we refuse to repent and still His love will keep us, then may i ask "How has this "revelation" affected us? If it is true, which is not, but if it were, would the effect not be to love Him even more, to long to please him even more, to want obedient natures in all things more than any sin? Is this what we see? Are those most on fire for God, longing for souls to find such a savior, the ones walking in such a belief? Or do we see complacency and contentment without godliness the result? We are to know truth by the fruits it brings forth in our walks, and sadly, i think it obvious to any honest seeker that such is not the case at all. More effort is made to justify sin rather than flee it. Walking as a living sacrifice is looked upon as law. Repentance is looked upon as earning our salvation.

The truth is perfectly clear. We can either agree with it and bow our knees, or resist it, and put our very souls in deep danger. Each will be responsible for what he chooses to do.

Blessings,

Gideon
Who here in this subforum do you know that is saying they can and want to sin wilfully?

I'm trying to get to the root of the matter of why you keep insisting on focusing on sin over multiple threads, when no one here has said they'd love to keep on sinning because of grace. I can't think of any regular poster that's said anything anywhere near along those lines.

So, several times I've asked this of you and you've evaded my question: are you righteous or not?

And I'll even start with me. If I died today I cannot be anymore righteous than I already am and I can stand before God today and he can find nothing to condemn me. And here's the important qualification before you call it self-righteousness: Not because of what I've ever done or not done, but because of what Jesus did on the cross, and subsequently convicted by the Holy Spirit with the conviction of righteousness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If God has become our wisdom and righteousness and sanctifcation and honor, and yet we act that such grace is "nice" for it allows us to continue in sin that grace may abound, we are dancing dangerously close to the edge of judgment.

Blessings,

Gideon
Who has said this here?? I can't think of one person here.

A true prophetic voice does not simply throw spaghetti against the wall and hope that something sticks.

Here's the same verse I previously posted:

And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. John 16:8-11

Let's break it down.

Convict the world of sin. What sin? The sin of unbelief because they do not believe in Jesus. John 3:16...For God so love the world that he gave, that whosoever believes in him - that is, Jesus. If we are to be convicted of sin, it is the sin of unbelief in Jesus.

Convict the world of righteousness. What righteousness? Because Jesus went to the Father and he was able to stand before the Father without condemnation because he was been declared righteous.

Convict the world of judgment. What judgement? Because the ruler of this world is judged. Who is the ruler of this world? The devil.

Where is it in there that we are close to judgment due to our behavior because our behavior affects our righteousness?

I see it as you have not been acquainted with the teachings about righteousness.

Upvote 0
G

gideons300

Who here in this subforum do you know that is saying they can and want to sin wilfully?

I'm trying to get to the root of the matter of why you keep insisting on focusing on sin over multiple threads, when no one here has said they'd love to keep on sinning because of grace. I can't think of any regular poster that's said anything anywhere near along those lines.

So, several times I've asked this of you and you've evaded my question: are you righteous or not?

And I'll even start with me. If I died today I cannot be anymore righteous than I already am and I can stand before God today and he can find nothing to condemn me. And here's the important qualification before you call it self-righteousness: Not because of what I've ever done or not done, but because of what Jesus did on the cross, and subsequently convicted by the Holy Spirit with the conviction of righteousness.

Are we honestly so without understanding as to how the enemy works?

When Samson was tempted to reveal the source of his strength, he gave a false answer and kept flirting with it. It happened again and again. But finally, the dam broke and he, in his pride and weakness, revealed that if his hair was ever cut, he would be just like other men.

Satan does not start out big but very small and innocent. All he wants is for the lie to take root.

I used to be in the merchant marine in the late 60's. When a huge ship is docking and needs to get tied up securely to the dock, it takes rope that can be as much as 12" in diameter, and it weighs a LOT. How can you cast such a rope from ship to shore? You cannot, for it is physically impossible. So what is the solution? You toss over a very small lightweight line. But how will such a small line secure and bind up such a big ship? By itself, impossible. But the small line is connected to a bigger one and then a bigger one until the large line stretches from ship to dock.

Satan is no dummy and is very experienced. To underestimate him is a huge mistake and we are clearly told to not be ignorant of his devices. Would we be told that if there was no possibility of danger? Does that make any sense at all?

Look, if he simply said we could all revel in free drugs and sex, with absolutely no consequences, all would be smart enough to discard such clear contradictions to the Word of God. So he tosses us a small lie. It looks innocent enough. He actually makes it even sound super spirtual, entiing us to just taste. "Surely you will not die!" he whispers. I remember hearing that one before haven't you?

But allow that small seemingly innocent lie to root into our belief system and more deception is coming. It happens very slowly so that no concern might be raised. I would suspect that for many, when they first accepted the OSAS message, it seemed like it magnified God's grace even more, so how could that be bad? Even though there are a multitude of scriptures telling us to beware, to be vigilant, to give all diligence, and that we needed to repent and believe ALL the words of our God,many simply saw it as a good thing, and that it gave many assurance when they needed it. The problem was, it was based upon a lie. The little rope was ashore....and ore was coming.

Now, as time has passed, a bigger rope is coming. Granted, many in the OSAS camp do repent when the fall, and do want to obey Him in all things. But frustration and unbelief has set in, and the belief that we can never truly be kept from falling is now quite prevalent. Instead of believing that we can do all things through Christ who strengthes us, instead of holding upo the standard that God promises to inhabit us and grow true holy, obedient natures in us, we have opted for a humanistic take on our Christianity. God can offer forgiveness and no more. The bigger rope is now ashore.

And now, lately, the mother of all ropes is coming into view. We are being taught that repentance, obedience, faith in His every word, hungering after a holy heart, resisting satan by faith and fully yieldedness to the Lord is not even necessary.... for we have the "full" revelation of grace.

Even though the word tells us clearly what real grace is to accomplish in us, to teach us HOW to walk in real holiness, making our positional holiness into our real possession,the ears of many have been stopped. Even though we are told clearly by the word that we must beware that sin can re-harden our hearts, we are now entertaining the thought that sin is not to be feared, avoided, fled from or repented of at all! After all, grace makes it unnecessary! And once the big rope is firmly attached, and the heart hardened to truth, and all conviction avoided as condemnation and all seeking god with our whole heart is "earning our salvation" satan can then whisper anything he wants as long as he convinces us that it is grace and hey, grace cannot be bad, right?

We are so confident, like Peter was in the flesh, that we would never deny Him, that sin would never cause us to listen to and then embrace a lie. With our shields meant to protect us now gathering dust, we are tempting our enemy, believing that we are undeceivable! And we are wrong, for pride goeth before the fall.

Once satan has blinded our minds and numbed our hearts, I am telling all who will listen what the Lord has shown me. The next step I share may sound impossible. It is not. Satan is going to plant hatred and anger and lashing out at those who have the audacity to questIon the lies many have bought into. He will avoid the message itself, for that is clear in the word if any really look at it. The anger will be at those who share the truth in love, even if it makes the hearers uncomfortable. There is coming a time when the deception will become so great that men will think that it is the "troublemakers" who are the real problem.

Instead of disputing the glorious message that our God can keep us from falling, unbelief has convinced people that we do not even have to worry about falling for it is impossible. There is coming a time when the deception will be so blatant that those holding to a false version of grace will actually think they do God a service by killing us, or certainly at least attacking and hating those who cause them pangs of a once tender conscience.

At the root of all of this is unbelief. An EVIL heart of unbelief. We have limited the Holy One of israel. Unbelief looks God in the eyes and says:

"Sir, you are a liar. What you say is impossible. No one can stop sinning."

And we do so because in our own experience, we have not found it so. If we admit it to be true, then we are admitting that we are on unsafe ground and that we have to repent, and therein lies the rub. We have already accepted the lie that repentance is going against the new revelation of grace.

God has given us new natures. but if we refuse Him that speaks to us, and we tell him that we do not even want holy hearts, and have little or no desire for sold out lives walking as living sacrifices, and we have no desire to be caused to obey Him because that means we can no longer obey US, now the main 12" monster rope is coming over, and that, brother, is the end result of that innocent looking little "error" of accepting OSAS as truth. This is the shears that will cut off our locks, and we will find out forst hand how unsafe we really are. Safety is hidden in the putting on of the new man and nowhere else.

In order to accept such a thing as truth, an entire bevy of scriptures...very clear ones... all have to have conditions put upon them as to why they do not mean what they say. But they mean exactly what they say. God says that it is impossible for Him to lie. He assures us thatHe will not allow us to be tempted above our ability to obey and in every temptation...EVERY ONE... He will make a way of escape so we will not fall into sin. Now we have a choice. the valley of decision is here.

Either we can say "O my sweet Jesus. I have not found this so. Show me how for I so lng to please you", or we can say "This is impossible, for i am not walking there" and plant our feet in calling him a liar. The choice is ours and it WILL be made, one way or another.

Now, like Samson, perhaps God will again let the deceived blind man repent and escape the snare of the fowler. i pray this to be the case, but shall we risk it? So the warning must be sounded, for unbenounced to us, we are coming closer and closer to having a nice tidy form of godliness but flat out denying the power of God to set us free from the power if sin.

It is our choice, but we will live with the consequences, or die with them.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Gideon, I just received my online copy of Charisma Magazine which had an interesting link to a group called the Conqueror Series (or something similar) which deals with ingrain sins/habits within man. I haven't had a chance to go through it as yet but it might be of interest to you.

Charisma | Conquer Series

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are we honestly so without understanding as to how the enemy works?

Blessings,

Gideon
Devil-centered theology.

How does God work?

And you continue to evade the question: are you righteous or not?

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Devil-centered theology.

How does God work?

And you continue to evade the question: are you righteous or not?

maybe he cant answer for sure because he doesn't know.

You and I can say we are righteous in Christ easily because we understand that in Christ we are clothed in His righteousness before God and we are blessed to have this understanding but sadly not everyone does understand this.

Saw this today online and was encouraged by it..

Clothed with the Righteousness of Christ

Posted on May 14, 2012 by Colin Dye

Clothed in the Righteousness of Christ

One of the hardest things to understand as a Christian is that you are not accepted by God through the good works that you do. You receive God’s forgiveness as a free gift by faith. God declares righteous guilty sinners who believe Him.

The righteousness by which you are saved is not your own, but it has been transferred to you from someone else. On the cross Jesus took your sin and exchanged it for His righteousness. This means you will never come into judgement or condemnation for your sins. The day of judgment for you took place 2,000 years ago when Jesus died. You are now clothed in the righteousness of Christ.

Key Thought

God does not count you righteous by what you do but on account of what Jesus did for you. You receive God’s gift of righteousness by faith, and by faith alone.

Prayer

Lord, forgive me for trying to gain my acceptance by good works or by trying to measure up to some standard. I repent of my pride and arrogance and receive Your grace now, by simply by trusting in You.

Discipleship Steps

Human self effort cannot earn you God’s grace. Following Christ is not about trying to earn your salvation or to secure it in any way. Works-based righteousness brings you into religious bondage and hinders your relationship with God. But it takes time to let go of such ideas, as the flesh loves to boast of its capabilities. Learn to live by faith not works, by trusting God and not human self effort.

Read: Romans 4:1-8

Read more: Clothed with the Righteousness of Christ | Colin Dye

Upvote 0