Zanyteen16

Mar 3, 2014
A Whole New World
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey I'm pretty sure we are all aware of whats going in the world today. Kinda sucks if you ask me, but it only means we are coming closer to a better life with Jesus. BUT when exactly do us Christians get raptured? People on Facebook were flipping out about how someone made a chip that they insert into their hand and their forehead. They are still experimenting with it. And as we know the Bible says that those who don't have the Mark of The Beast will not be able to buy or sell. How are we supposed to live? How are we supposed to pay our bills or do anything? Do the christians get raptured before then? Cause I honestly don't want to see my family suffer if we have to live through that. What do you all think?:confused:

Reactions: NamelessHero

Zanyteen16

Mar 3, 2014
A Whole New World
✟7,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I want to know more about this chip thing. What exactly does it do?

I'm not sure exactly Ray Comfort has a video on it I didn't get to see it cause my
Internet is bad, I believe they are still experimenting with it.

Reactions: NamelessHero
Upvote 0

eeasuper

Jan 14, 2015
✟7,627.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I read up on this "chip" thing, and have been following the "end time" news about this, but there is this saying that even though the world may end tomorrow, you should still plant your apple tree (Martin Luther), so I think it's wisest not to panic, but let things be (Revelation 22:11, "Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."), and lift up your head, as it says in Luke 21:28, "But when these things begin to take place, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The rapture makes me think of those Kirk Cameron movies. *Shudders*

I personally don't believe in any of it and feel like it's not worthy of the worry others give it.
My two cents.

Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a pretty old thread so maybe the original poster won't even read it.

Here is a link to the four views of end times. I didn't read the whole thing but it gives a good definition of the four views. I lean towards pre-tribulation meaning believers will be raptured.

Four Views of End Times Prophecy

I agree with others though...it's nothing to lose sleep over. People have been saying the world is going to end forever...most is just conspiracy theories. Scripture says we will not know the day or time when Christ is returning.
As for the mark of the beast...I'm not sure if it's symbolic or not. Much of Revelation is visions and dreams.
Inthe meantime, relax and chill out and enjoy life. LoveGod, love your family and have fun. :)

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anybody watch Revelation:The End Of Days that was on the History Channel back around December?

Was surprised at how accurate it was, Scripturaly that is...

We as Believers, if I remember correctly, will be taken up with Him before the 7 years of tribulation. So relax, if you trust in Christ, you will be fine:

"38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future,nor any powers,39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."-Romans 8:38-39

And if your that worried that you must know,life is quiet livable without electric, running water, and your local Walmart.

God Bless!
-The Current Lowest Servant

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 15, 2015
✟15,147.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
The bible says that the end Times would be marked by a dramatic change in society.

The 'end Times' began in 1914 when Jesus became king in heaven, shortly after a war took place, which resulted in Satan being cast down onto the earth. Thus the bible states 'woe for the earth, for the devil has come down to you, angry - knowing that he has little time left'.

In 1914 the biggest war the world had ever seen broke out and ever since war has become part of our world. A British historian wrote that the 20th century was the bloodiest in the history of mankind, and that there was more blood shed in that period than the whole of the first century AD-1899!

The bible also says that

Men [humanity] would become lovers of themselves
Lovers of pleasure and not of God
Haughty and blasphemous
Without natural affection
Fierce and without control

Moreover the bible marks this time with

Dramatic earthquakes, with one after another
Poverty on a worldwide scale, with unparalleled world hunger.
Epidemics of diseases.

These things are all very observable in today's society.

The bible also says in positivity, that the good news would be preached on all the entire earth.

furthermore, the bible says that the destruction of Babylon the great is to be without fail. For God will put it into their (un) hearts to destroy all false religion (mother of harlots).

Through religion man has done unspeakable things in the name of God.
And all those who claim to love God who are medelling in Worldly affairs, such as politics, are not part of God's kingdoms, therefore they shall be destroyed with the world because this world belongs to Satan.

Finally, when they are saying peace and security, sudden destruction is to be upon them. (As there will be no real peace and security).

God's (Jehovah's) messianic kingdom will provide true peace and security, therefore do not put your trust in man, for they are doomed to fail, rather put your faith in God, for he is and will be without fail.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Do not worry about the end times. There is absolutely no way that you can possibly predict when the rapture will occur (Matthew 24:36-44). Keep being faithful to God and, if you are a Christian, you will certainly be caught up in the Rapture.

Will it occur before or after the Tribulation? That is a very good question, and one heavily debated nowadays. I lean mostly to pretribulationism, which says that it will occur before the Tribulation, but I cannot be entirely sure, because the Bible is not entirely clear.

Here are a few useful links (one for each of the four theories, with the first one analysing the issue in a more generic way):
http://www.gotquestions.org/rapture-tribulation.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/pretribulationism.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/midtribulationism.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/pre-wrath-rapture.html
http://www.gotquestions.org/posttribulationism.html

And, by the way, no, the chip is not the mark of the beast.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The bible says that the end Times would be marked by a dramatic change in society.

The 'end Times' began in 1914 when Jesus became king in heaven, shortly after a war took place, which resulted in Satan being cast down onto the earth. Thus the bible states 'woe for the earth, for the devil has come down to you, angry - knowing that he has little time left'.

In 1914 the biggest war the world had ever seen broke out and ever since war has become part of our world. A British historian wrote that the 20th century was the bloodiest in the history of mankind, and that there was more blood shed in that period than the whole of the first century AD-1899!

The bible also says that

Men [humanity] would become lovers of themselves
Lovers of pleasure and not of God
Haughty and blasphemous
Without natural affection
Fierce and without control

Moreover the bible marks this time with

Dramatic earthquakes, with one after another
Poverty on a worldwide scale, with unparalleled world hunger.
Epidemics of diseases.

These things are all very observable in today's society.

The bible also says in positivity, that the good news would be preached on all the entire earth.

furthermore, the bible says that the destruction of Babylon the great is to be without fail. For God will put it into their (un) hearts to destroy all false religion (mother of harlots).

Through religion man has done unspeakable things in the name of God.
And all those who claim to love God who are medelling in Worldly affairs, such as politics, are not part of God's kingdoms, therefore they shall be destroyed with the world because this world belongs to Satan.

Finally, when they are saying peace and security, sudden destruction is to be upon them. (As there will be no real peace and security).

God's (Jehovah's) messianic kingdom will provide true peace and security, therefore do not put your trust in man, for they are doomed to fail, rather put your faith in God, for he is and will be without fail.

No, the end times did not begin in 1914. Jesus has always existed and has always been king; he is God (John 1:1; John 8:58; John 10:30-33; Titus 2:13; Hebrews 1:8; Revelation 1:5-8; Revelation 1:17-18). Nowhere does the Bible say that he was not king, but was still to become king, nor that he became king in 1914. You have no biblical basis for that.

Wars have always existed from the beginning of the history of Humanity. It is not the fact that more blood was shed in the 20th century than in all centuries before it which signals the end times. Maybe in the 30th century the same thing will happen. I am fairly certain that all the wars we now see on earth are still nothing when compared to what shall take place in the Tribulation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Portuguese Baptist

Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The bible clearly indicates that we are living in the last days. This website explains it better.
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/are-we-living-in-the-last-days/

I did not read the entire article, but I do have a couple of things to say.

Firstly, the article does not explain why the end times began in 1914; however, it did contain a link (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/what-is-gods-kingdom/) which led me to a page which, in turn, contained another link (http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/1914-significant-year-bible-prophecy/) which led me to a page which truly explains why you JWs believe that the end began in 1914.

Now, this last link is essentially nonsensical. It begins with a quote from Luke 21:24, where Jesus says: ‘[...] Jerusalem will be trampled on by the Gentiles until the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled.’ Then, nevertheless, it says that this had already taken place in 607 BC (because that is when Jerusalem was conquered by the Babylonians). This is ridiculous! Why is Jesus talking in the future tense whilst referring to an event in the past? Jesus is talking about what will happen in the future (that is the context of Luke 21), not about the past!

Then, somehow, you realise that Daniel 4 refers to the same thing as Ezekiel 21:26-27, which — so you say — means that Jesus will be crowned king in Heaven. Not only is this idea ludicrous, that Jesus is not yet king — as I have shown in my previous post —, but all of these supposed connexions between passages are not properly justified. Then, you say that the ‘seven times’ of Daniel mean 2520 days, but that 2520 days actually mean 2520 years! Why? Because of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6. But those verses have nothing to do with the issue at hand! Why should it apply in this case too?

Anyway, moving on, you finalise by adding the completely made-up 2520 years (obtained, in turn, from the absolutely decontextualised 2520 days) to October 607 BC and thus arriving in October 1914. Wow!

So, to summarise:
  • You take Luke 21:24 (the taking over of Jerusalem), a passage that refers to the future, and apply it to the past;
  • You fail to show why Ezekiel 21:26-27 refers to the same thing as Luke 21:24;
  • You fail to show why Daniel 4 refers to the same thing as Ezekiel 21:26-27;
  • You take the 2520 days from Daniel 4 (which has nothing to do) in order to show when the end of the taking over of Jerusalem will end;
  • You say that the days actually mean years (based on completely unrelated passages).
And this is just how many flaws you have to make in your line of thought so as to prove something so ridiculous like that Jesus became king in 1914!

I would just like to know how it is that you JWs, the ‘illuminati’ of Christianity, the ‘prophets’ of God, the ‘know-alls’ of all Christian groups, the ‘only true Christians’ (as some will claim), who have studied all these things for years unnumbered and with countless people — how it is that you actually missed World War I for three months!

Secondly, all those things which the article you showed me says that prove that we are living in the end times could easily be said of any other point in history. Wars, food shortages, earthquakes, pestilences, lovers of pleasure and money, and the spreading of the Gospel have always been happening ever since Jesus lived. The current apparent increase in these things may signal that we are possibly approaching the end times, but not in them. These things are only ‘the beginning of birth-pains’ (Matthew 24:8). The true signs of the Tribulation that is to come have not yet happened (Revelation 6:12-17 and Revelation 8 onwards).

Ultimately, we must remember that no-one is able to tell in which date the world will end (Matthew 24:36-44), and attempting to make such predictions will only put you in a situation of ridiculousness, as it has happened countless times past in history (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events).

Upvote 0