• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The End of the World (As You Know It)

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by Quoth, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Keri

Keri Well-Known Member

+3,222
    United States
    Other Religion
    In Relationship
    What was the question?

2. Nom De Guerre

Nom De Guerre Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?

+1,180
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Awhile back, I couldn't really narrow down the exact date or year but I was much younger, I was walking down a street which ends with a 'T' intersection; and as I approached the intersection I blinked and suddenly before me I saw everything before me in a hazy heatwave, every house was virtually burned to the ground and all that remained was embers, the ground and sky were various shades of red, orange, and black. I imagine this is what the end of the world will look like.

3. Shadolus

Shadolus Saved By Grace

+63
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    zombie dinosaurs will rise up and rightfully claim there land.

4. Isambard

Isambard Nihilist Extrodinaire

+179
    Atheist
    Single
  5. Apollo Celestio

Apollo Celestio Deal with it.

+1,257
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    US-Green
    Gravity glitches out

6. white dove

white dove (she's a) maniac

+1,962
    Other Religion
    Private
    I once had a dream about it, more like nightmare. It wasn't pretty, but I don't recall exactly how I felt about it. I think a part of me was frightful, but I wasn't terrified out of my mind. There were dark images; literally black, reds and oranges. The hills were in flames and the rest was dark ash. I didn't hear anyone, but I didn't feel alone.

7. white dove

+1,962
    Other Religion
    Private
    Shut-up.

Did you read my post???? Read it. Creepy.

Oh and before this post gets reported... hhhhhh (sigh), that shut-up was in a joking manner. :doh:

8. white dove

+1,962
    Other Religion
    Private
    Stop. I've actually thought of that before. Like, wow that would really suck if that happened. :ahah:

9. Fremdin

Fremdin Contributor

+581
    Christian
    Private
    Sometimes at work I fantasize about coming unstuck from the earth and floating out the window

10. I really dunno. Revelation says a lot about the end of the world, but we could probably take the rest of the year digging out what all it signifies.
    A long time ago I watched The Stand TV adaptation, and it began with a black screen and the words: "This is the way the world ends. Not with a bang but a whimper."
    Shorthand answer: I don't think the world'll end with one large, Michael Bay-directed spectacle, but more thru a long-term decline. Kind of like if you have a computer without antivirus protection that picks up Trojan horses, viruses and bugs all over the place and declines in performance over time until one day it just doesn't turn on.

11. Brad2009

Brad2009 Newbie

+149
    Christian
    Single
    US-Libertarian
    Here's a specific threat: If foreign nations succeed in getting away from the US dollar as their main reserve currency and oil trading is successfully shifted away from trade in US dollars, then the USA will enter economic freefall. Commodity prices will spike and hyperinflation will be a reality. Riots will ensue and civil unrest will be the order of the day. It can happen here and I think we're very very close to it.

12. Nom De Guerre

Nom De Guerre Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?

+1,180
    Non-Denom
    Private
    lol do you really think somebody would have reported you!? I know I could read between the lines and knew you were saying it jokingly...

On the note of your dream and my vision, perhaps you and I are more connected than I first realized...