Aug 21, 2008
✟270,230.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Allow me to be of some assistance. Our Founding Fathers drafted the second amendment, in part, so our country wouldn’t turn into what your country did in the 30s and 40s.

And how did the prevalence of guns in America prevent the Citizens United decision, corporations are now people and money equals free speech? Or the war on drugs, with militarized police and privatized prisons used to lock up millions and millions of people? Or the military industrial complex and private contractors fighting war after war?
If you wanted to use guns to stop America from becoming a right-wing police state you're about thirty years too late.

Upvote 0

Phil 1:21

Apr 3, 2017
United States
✟144,842.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And how did the prevalence of guns in America prevent the Citizens United decision, corporations are now people and money equals free speech? Or the war on drugs, with militarized police and privatized prisons used to lock up millions and millions of people? Or the military industrial complex and private contractors fighting war after war?
If you wanted to use guns to stop America from becoming a right-wing police state you're about thirty years too late.
Because the war on drugs is the same as the Holocaust. Okie dokie then. ;)

Upvote 0

ranunculus

Aug 21, 2008
✟270,230.00
Country
Luxembourg
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Because the war on drugs is the same as the Holocaust. Okie dokie then. ;)

Not my point.
On the road from 'Land of the Free' to 'Land of the Incarcerated', how many patriots picked up their guns to defend their country from such tyranny?

Think of it this way. In america there are people who believe there is a literal, actual holocaust going on. Right now. Abortion. I don't know how many but I'm willing to guess there are millions of people who believe a genocide has been going on for 40+ YEARS. 60 million deaths. Ten times the holocaust. Have these millions of people taken up arms in the past 40 years? I know of one man, he's in prison for murder right now.

And I have to mention the genocide of Native Americans in the past centuries. How did guns protect against that exactly?

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Skreeper
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,450,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lack of respect towards weapons which leads to them being left loaded were children can easily find them, instead of them being stored safely and without ammunition.

"Back in the day" when I was a kid, they were kept in a drawer or closet. Or in an unlocked case in the living room or den. Nobody had gun safes or trigger locks back then. Trigger locks didn't even exist. I'm not sure special gun safes even existed.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And I have to mention the genocide of Native Americans in the past centuries. How did guns protect against that exactly?

Sitting Bull and his braves (using guns) did a number on Custer and his troops...

Upvote 0