BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my last Thread I explained why I believe Jerusalem is Babylon the Great. I don't believe that the Antichrist will rule in Babylon. I believe what scripture says, that Babylon will be hated and destroyed by the Antichrist (Revelation 17:16). Why would the Antichrist and his kingdom hate Babylon? The next verse gives the explanation. Because God put it in their hearts. It is God's will that Jerusalem be wiped out. Well, we know that the US is the protector of Israel. Now when the Antichrist will appear and will launch an attack on Israel. Then the USA will most likely interfere. The US will overestimate itself and think it can stand against the Antichrist, but it will not know that God is on the side of the Antichrist at that moment. The Antichrist will wipe out Israel along with the USA.

Indeed, there are nations today that hate Israel and want it dead.

Anyone who thinks I am wrong or would like to add something is welcome to do so.

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The USA is only one of the 10 horns being ruled by the Harlot of Babylon, who seems to be filled with the blood of the saints in Revelation. That name of blasphemy is probably tied to the blasphemy of those who say they are Jews and are not, in Revelation 2 and 3. The name Jews is literally Judaeans in the Greek. So it either means that false Jews have taken over Judaea or that's not the real Judaea.
According to biblical theology, false Jews are followers of Judaism and real Jews are followers of Christianity. Paul explains this in his letters. The early church also adopted this teaching, for example Justin Martyr said: "The true spiritual Israel, and descendants of Judah, Jacob, Isaac, and Abraham…are we who have been led to God through this crucified Christ."

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"It is God's will that Jerusalem be wiped out" where did you come up with this for its not in the word of God. See every promise God has spoken over her Jerusalem He will He has to keep His word. ;)

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"It is God's will that Jerusalem be wiped out" where did you come up with this for its not in the word of God.
I will not repeat myself. Read my last Thread and my answers.
See every promise God has spoken over her Jerusalem He will He has to keep His word. ;)
All promises are related to Christianity. The Old Testament is a shadow, Christianity is the reality. This is the understanding taught by the great Church Fathers and this is the understanding taught by Scripture.

Upvote 0

shepherdsword

ישוע הוא אלוהים בבשר ודם
Feb 6, 2021
Millington
✟14,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In my last Thread I explained why I believe Jerusalem is Babylon the Great. I don't believe that the Antichrist will rule in Babylon. I believe what scripture says, that Babylon will be hated and destroyed by the Antichrist (Revelation 17:16). Why would the Antichrist and his kingdom hate Babylon? The next verse gives the explanation. Because God put it in their hearts. It is God's will that Jerusalem be wiped out. Well, we know that the US is the protector of Israel. Now when the Antichrist will appear and will launch an attack on Israel. Then the USA will most likely interfere. The US will overestimate itself and think it can stand against the Antichrist, but it will not know that God is on the side of the Antichrist at that moment. The Antichrist will wipe out Israel along with the USA.

Anyone who thinks I am wrong or would like to add something is welcome to do so.

No where in scripture do we see Jerusalem totally and perpetually destroyed. There for it is absurd to claim that Jerusalem is Babylon. Rev 11 gives us a detailed explanation on what happens to her:

Rv 11:1-2
And the angel stood, saying,"Rise and measure the temple of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot for forty-two months.

The antichrist and the 10 kings hate Babylon just as they do America. The USA is the city that rules over the kings of the earth. So, in a sense, you are right. Babylon is destroyed when the USA is because they are one and the same. Jerusalem will be chastened, cleansed and trodden down BUT it will not be destroyed.

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my last Thread I explained why I believe Jerusalem is Babylon the Great. I don't believe that the Antichrist will rule in Babylon.

I believe he will come from Babylon perhaps born in their midst and knows the ways of mystery Babylon

I believe what scripture says, that Babylon will be hated and destroyed by the Antichrist (Revelation 17:16). Why would the Antichrist and his kingdom hate Babylon? The next verse gives the explanation. Because God put it in their hearts. It is God's will that Jerusalem be wiped out. Well, we know that the US is the protector of Israel. Now when the Antichrist will appear and will launch an attack on Israel. Then the USA will most likely interfere. The US will overestimate itself and think it can stand against the Antichrist, but it will not know that God is on the side of the Antichrist at that moment. The Antichrist will wipe out Israel along with the USA.

Jerusalem will at first welcome and receive him (except for the 144000) until the AOD is set up then the people will flee and The 2 witnesses will fight for Jerusalem

The great city Jerusalem is only divided into 3 parts during the great earthquake but not completely destoyed

Yasha returns to rule in Jerusalem and they will say “blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord”

It will not happen in this day and age so if USA is destroyed or Roman Catholicism is destroyed that means nothing

Babylon the city is yet to form in the land of shinar zech 5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The New Jerusalem is 1500 by 1500 by 1500 miles and takes up the whole Arab Contential Plate. Jesus will return to the Mount of Olives just before the current Jerusalem is destroyed. There is talk about how they will not even bury the bodies of the army that comes up against the city. Some people use this verse as a description of hell.
Isaiah 66:24
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
The great city Jerusalem is only divided into 3 parts during the great earthquake but not completely destoyed
You need to look at the map. You can see the fault lines and where the earthquake is going to take place. When they say the sea will be no more, I think they are talking about the dead sea. Or something like that.
Map-showing-simplified-tectonic-setting-of-the-Arabian-plate-and-nearby-tectonic-features.jpg

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

Trivalee

Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2021
London
✟186,650.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

You are dead wrong and your theory is not supported by scripture. If Jerusalem is Babylon, then explain why it is destroyed twice in Rev 17:16 & 18:19-11.

Let me help you: Babylon in the book of Revelation is a reference to the corrupt world systems namely, religion and commerce! It explains why God uses the Beast to destroy it Rev 17:16. If you paid attention to the scripture, you'd find that the scripture gave us a picture of Babylon in Rev 17. In Rev 17:5, Babylon here is called a harlot or harlot. In verse 15, the mystery was unveiled Then the angel said to me, “The waters where the prostitute is ruling represent masses of people of every nation and language Rev 17:15 NLT" And generally, people align with one religion or another or simply atheists!

You are not the first and won't be the last American that is desperate to force the USA into end-time prophecy when the Bible didn't say so.

The Bible refers to Babylon here as a harlot - a derogatory name God uses to describe the spirit religion i.e. false religion (Hinduism, Islam, etc). Radical Muslims will reject the AC who is desperate to be accepted as God and thereby invoke his wrath.

But after God has used the AC to destroy false religion, he (God) will destroy the corrupt commercial system (banks, insurance, movie industries, etc) on which the AC's One-World system will run, as we see in Rev 18:19-11. Often people misinterpret verse 18 where it is described as "that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth", and concludes it is a literal city - but Babylon here is merely a metaphor.

Notice that while the Beast and his cohorts gleefully destroyed Babylon in chapter 17, they wept when God destroyed it in chapter 18. This should prompt a diligent scholar to stop and think!

Upvote 0

dfw69

Pre-Tribulation Pre- False Messianic Age
Nov 16, 2011
Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You need to look at the map. You can see the fault lines and where the earthquake is going to take place. When they say the sea will be no more, I think they are talking about the dead sea. Or something like that.
View attachment 324723
The sea will be no more? This verse? Rev 21:1 ?

When God will fulfill the new heaven new earth ,there will be no sea at all ..so no more salt waters ..no beaches .. shark week will most likely end that day:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are dead wrong and your theory is not supported by scripture. If Jerusalem is Babylon, then explain why it is destroyed twice in Rev 17:16 & 18:19-11.
Both Passages describe the same event.
Let me help you: Babylon in the book of Revelation is a reference to the corrupt world systems namely, religion and commerce! It explains why God uses the Beast to destroy it Rev 17:16. If you paid attention to the scripture, you'd find that the scripture gave us a picture of Babylon in Rev 17. In Rev 17:5, Babylon here is called a harlot or harlot. In verse 15, the mystery was unveiled Then the angel said to me, “The waters where the prostitute is ruling represent masses of people of every nation and language Rev 17:15 NLT" And generally, people align with one religion or another or simply atheists!

You are not the first and won't be the last American that is desperate to force the USA into end-time prophecy when the Bible didn't say so.

The Bible refers to Babylon here as a harlot - a derogatory name God uses to describe the spirit religion i.e. false religion (Hinduism, Islam, etc). Radical Muslims will reject the AC who is desperate to be accepted as God and thereby invoke his wrath.

But after God has used the AC to destroy false religion, he (God) will destroy the corrupt commercial system (banks, insurance, movie industries, etc) on which the AC's One-World system will run, as we see in Rev 18:19-11. Often people misinterpret verse 18 where it is described as "that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth", and concludes it is a literal city - but Babylon here is merely a metaphor.

Notice that while the Beast and his cohorts gleefully destroyed Babylon in chapter 17, they wept when God destroyed it in chapter 18. This should prompt a diligent scholar to stop and think!
Babylon is a city/nation, not a world system. The majority opinion is that Babylon is a city, some say it is Jerusalem, others Rome.

I am convinced that Jerusalem/Israel is Babylon. The evidence for this is tremendous. The horns and the beast are Islamic. The day will come when an Islamic ruler will arise and, with God's help, attack and destroy Israel. It fits perfectly. Revelation tells us that the ten horns and the Antichrist will hate Babylon. Israel is hated by the Islamic world. This hatred has been placed in their hearts by God to accomplish His will. After that, God will destroy the Antichrist.

Upvote 0

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Moreover, that the Ten Horns and the Antichrist are Islamic is beyond doubt. The 7th head is either the Rashidun Empire or the Turkish Empire. Whichever one we take, one thing is certain, it is Islamic. The Antichrist is possibly an Arab or a Turk. Now we only have to add up 1+1. We know that the Antichrist and the Ten Horns will hate Babylon. It is not at all difficult to find out who is the most hated nation in the Islamic world.

But that is not all. Revelation 16 says at the end of the chapter that kings east of the Euphrates will come and gather in Armageddon (a place north of Israel); shortly after that the destruction of Babylon is reported. Who are these kings east of the Euphrates? Let's assume they are the 10 kings/horns who will move with their armies to Israel, then we know at least that they are Islamic nations. It speaks also then much for the fact that Israel is Babylon. Or why are they gathering there? And not to forget, that thereupon the destruction of Babylon is described.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
If you forgo the idea that you have to force fit Babylon of ancient times and instead ask yourself of (1) who is the richest nation on Earth as of now' (2) where does immorality flow out of to the rest of he world (Holly wood), and about every other pre-requistite the Apostle John cites, fits modern Los Angeles and surrounding areas.

Reactions: Happygolucky?
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Moreover, that the Ten Horns and the Antichrist are Islamic is beyond doubt. The 7th head is either the Rashidun Empire or the Turkish Empire. Whichever one we take, one thing is certain, it is Islamic. The Antichrist is possibly an Arab or a Turk. Now we only have to add up 1+1. We know that the Antichrist and the Ten Horns will hate Babylon. It is not at all difficult to find out who is the most hated nation in the Islamic world.

But that is not all. Revelation 16 says at the end of the chapter that kings east of the Euphrates will come and gather in Armageddon (a place north of Israel); shortly after that the destruction of Babylon is reported. Who are these kings east of the Euphrates? Let's assume they are the 10 kings/horns who will move with their armies to Israel, then we know at least that they are Islamic nations. It speaks also then much for the fact that Israel is Babylon. Or why are they gathering there? And not to forget, that thereupon the destruction of Babylon is described.
Prove the part about beyond doubt. I doubt it myself. What evidence do you have to prove your point?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
When God will fulfill the new heaven new earth ,there will be no sea at all ..so no more salt waters ..no beaches .. shark week will most likely end that day:)
It is difficult for me to believe that. Maybe it is a reference to the dead sea will be no more.

Upvote 0

TribulationSigns

Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2017
Colorado
✟415,058.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Just speculation without Bible support whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,733.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Just speculation without Bible support whatsoever.
There are up to 100 layers of symbolism in the Bible.

Babylon is used throughout the Bible as a symbol of the powers of the world that are opposed to God and his people. It is often associated with sin, oppression, and corruption, and is seen as a symbol of the ultimate enemy of God's kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,389.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Wow. A LOT of speculations going on in this forum. Unbelievable.

Babylon the great has nothing to do with a physical nation or city.

Isn't your statement just another speculation? Where is the biblical support for your assertion that Babylon has nothing to do with a physical nation or city?

Upvote 0