Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

How was it in the days of Noah?

Luke 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

Genesis 6:5
And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Genesis 6:11-13
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Is this not the state of the earth now? What else is said about the days preceding the second coming of Christ?

Luke 17:28-30
28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

What does the bible say about Sodom's sins?

Ezekiel 16:49,50
49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Is this not the state of the world?

2 Timothy 3:1-5
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves [selfish], covetous [fond of money], boasters [braggers], proud [appearing above others], blasphemers [one who speaks of God in irreverent terms], disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy [wicked],
3 Without natural affection [hard hearted towards kindred], trucebreakers, false accusers [slanderer], incontinent [powerless that is without self control], fierce [savage], despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady [rash; hasty; violent], highminded [conceit: - high-minded be lifted up with pride be proud], lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

If we don't change our ways, Thus saith the Lord:

Revelation 14:10
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:

We must all do as Paul stated and:

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Jude
24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I believe all these scriptures are fulfilled today. It is now as the times of Noah and Sodom. Homosexual and Lesbian marriages are recognised in many countries now not to mention all the flaunting on the tv, movies, mardi grass. It is time to clean out the house IMO. I believe our probation here finishes when we either die or JESUS returns. Any of the above can be at any time. If we are not ready today it is unlikely we will ready tommorrow or when our time here is over. At that time it may be too late for many.

God bless

Reactions: BrotherD
Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are definitely in the end time. Since the advent of atomic weapons we have the capacity to destroy all life on earth.
"Except those days be shortened" no flesh would survive.

Just because it is possible for humans to destroy the world doesn't mean we are in the "end times". Human life on our planet might continue to exist for thousands (if not millions) of more years.

All the proof texts posted above were written to people thousands of years ago. These texts were not written to us. As such, it was the first century Christians that thought they were in the "end times" - and they were correct. Israel, along with the Temple complex and priesthood, came to an utter end in 70 AD. This was the second coming of Christ. He came in righteous judgement over Israel. Modern-day Israel is not the biblical Israel.

We are now in a period after the "end times". Christ is currently on the throne reigning supreme over the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

BrotherD

Thus Saith The Lord
Mar 10, 2019
Tennessee
✟37,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I believe all these scriptures are fulfilled today. It is now as the times of Noah and Sodom. Homosexual and Lesbian marriages are recognised in many countries now not to mention all the flaunting on the tv, movies, mardi grass. It is time to clean out the house IMO. I believe our probation here finishes when we either die or JESUS returns. Any of the above can be at any time. If we are not ready today it is unlikely we will ready tommorrow or when our time here is over. At that time it may be too late for many.

God bless

This is true. I think about God trying to remind people about his law:

Hosea 4:6 KJV — My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Isaiah 24:1-6 basically sums up why the earth will be destroyed; emphasis verse 5:

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

Jeremiah 7:23 KJV — But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.

We have to make sure we as individuals have a personal relationship with Christ and active faith.

With Love, In Christ.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Peter John

Feb 12, 2019
peterborough
✟33,497.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
We've been in the end times since Christ's ascension.

This is true, as we have been in the millennium since Acts2v17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
No 1000yr reign after, we have been reigning with Christ, as priests & kings, just like Rev1v8 says.

Upvote 0