Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"we" -- those of use who are arguing on this forum in favor of the Commandments of God, the Ten Commandments, all ten of them.. as being included in the Law of God written on the heart (the moral law of God - as the Baptist Confession of Faith calls it) -- have an elephant in our living room... notable by its deafening "silence".

Andrewn's post helps us see that issue more clearly

================================================
Actually, I agree about keeping the moral laws and the Sabbath

And of course these pro-Sunday groups would also affirm your views as well including your 'Sunday Sabbath' idea.

The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson
Eastern Orthodox Catechism
The Catholic Catechism.

I think a great many Christians on the "Sunday" side of the isle would agree with you BUT notice this "elephant in our living room.

1. Almost none of them show up on this Sabbath discussion board.
2. Almost all opposition on this forum to the Sabbath demands opposition to the 4th commandment and in most cases demands opposing all TEN commandments as not being the moral law of God written on the heart.

Now we must ask ourselves this - how is it that the majority of pro-sunday bible scholars agree with you (and with me) on all TEN of the Ten commandments included in the LAW of God written on the heart - but none of their followers show up on the Sabbath board even though there is plenty of opposition to the Sabbath and to the TEN Commandments on this board??

How is that happening??

How is it that they are leaving all the defense of the TEN Commandments (including 4th commandment) to those who affirm the 4th commandment statement "the 7th day IS the Sabbath of the LORD (YHWH)" - Ex 20:10 ??

It is curious that people in our own group do not show up here -- though many show up in the "General Theology" section of the board discussing a wide variety of topics where "not all agree" on the same POV
======================

What that means is that on almost every one of these threads your agreement (and my argument) that all TEN of the Ten commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the Jer 31:31-33 and Heb 8:6-13 "New Covenant" will put you and I on the same side as the pro-Sabbath posts on this forum.

For example notice this post -- Today at 4:59 PM #92 -- I think you will agree with it.

Here is an example of a thread that you might agree with given your "Sunday Sabbath" POV -- Sep 1, 2019 #1
===============================

So we must ask ourselves "where is the rest of our group??? And by that I mean a representative small sample that is here just as it is in General Theology.

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟657,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You keep writing that we oppose the fourth commandment even after we have told you that is not true. Just because we believe that we do not have to observe the ritual laws of the defunct old covenant you convert that as opposition. We don't have to oppose it, Jesus ended the covenant in which the fourth commandment was part. If it were a law and I refused to observe it then you would have every right to say I oppose it. Sabbath is not a law just as circumcision, feast days, new moon celebrations and food laws are not laws today. You are not to judge me for not observing old covenant ritual laws. They are past, Jesus is reality.

• Winner
Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You keep writing that we oppose the fourth commandment even after we have told you that is not true.

I suppose it is possible that there is at least one thread here where you post with strong affirmation that all TEN of the Ten commandments are included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the New Covenant and that they define what sin is just as 1 John 3:4 states.

Perhaps you could point us to one of your posts/threads in that regard.

Just because we believe that we do not have to observe the ritual laws of the defunct old covenant you convert that as opposition.

So your "no opposition" is of the form "the 4th commandment is part of the "the defunct old covenant"??

perhaps you and I have a different meaning of "affirm" vs "oppose"

Upvote 0

Bob S

Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟657,084.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus kept and keeps all the commandments.

I just follow Jesus lead, HE IS LORD < MASTER < SAVIOR and KING OF THE JEWS.
Jesus would not have cut His sideburns jeff. Do you cut yours?
Do you do the following:
Leviticus 23:15
And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete:

Leviticus 23:16
Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the Lord.

How about new moon celebrations. It is impossible to keep the law that Jesus kept because of the type of government we are living under. You cannot keep the command to stone a believer for breaking the Sabbath. Your post is all blow if you cannot prove that you really live by the old covenant law.

Jesus lived under the old covenant, I don't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
As if this is how we determine whether to listen to Jesus or not.

Consider the actual OP.
No worries - the mocking and such has been on the forum as long and longer than anyone remembers.

Btw, as a follower of Jesus, I decided to not cut my beard nor my sideburns long ago, when I was a 'new' Ekklesia born again abiding in Him and living in union with the Son and with the Father Daily, as written of the Ekklesia throughout the NT.

This one small detail has made a difference most people never ever see nor realize, and don't expect to see explained on a forum open to the world's scorn and disobedient ones.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟900,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
ok -- but this thread is actually about those of our own group that affirm all TEN of the TEN Commandments as included in the moral law of God written on the heart under the Jer 31:31-34 New Covenant - being absent from the forum.

Upvote 0