United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people . . .

I sure hope it wasn't meant the way it sounds, even (or especially) if it was by someone in authority over you. Please don't leave! I've been in the Church for 17 years, and I'm far, far, far from "Orthodox enough". :doh:
No, it wasn't authority. It is a strange story, but nonetheless.

Upvote 0

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My thoughts from another thread.

It's the Once Saved, Always Saved garbage that comes with it. We are striving towards salvation; we aren't saved as it is. The "Sinners Prayer" and OSAS allows a person to be lazy in their faith, and it allows a person to believe that they can do whatever it is that they want to do because they're "saved" regardless. So yes, Graham's teachings and beliefs were very, very suspect and largely incorrect, but there is no doubt that he is a great man of God, and he helped many. How culpable he is for what he believed and taught is up to God alone. We can appreciate the man without praising his beliefs.

• Agree
Reactions: TheSynergist
Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps I will just leave the board altogether. I have been told quite a few times recently, on this board and off, that I am not Orthodox enough.

For what it's worth I appreciate your posts, and I'd rather you not leave. I do hope you reconsider.

Upvote 0

Hermit76

You can call me Paisios
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2015
✟291,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married