The Economic Collapse After The Rapture

Status
Not open for further replies.
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">It all makes since. The rapture will be the nudge, which causes a landslide of side effect events, which will begin the last years of the generation that sees the return of CHRIST. The USA will surly be devastated by the reactionary events caused when the rapture takes place. I believe these events will escalate to mass panic, with the end result, total anarchy. I also believe the enemies of America will take full advantage of the situation. Israel will be attacked, as described in Ezekiel. China will most likely attempt to take Taiwan. North and South Korea will go to war. India and Pakistan may also go to war. Every hot spot in the world were America has been a military restraint could be a future war zone. I believe other economies in the world that rely on the consuming power of the American taxpayer, will also be devastated. As Thunder mentioned, insurance claims alone will devastate the stock markets causing major economic disruptions. The rapture will have a domino effect on world events, with prophetic implications. The events that follow the rapture will be the worst that this world has ever seen. Peace, but not yet.[/size][/font]

Upvote 0

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
...The events that follow the rapture will be the worst that this world has ever seen...
Note that no scripture promises us a rapture before the tribulation. Jesus says he will come to gather us together "immediately after the tribulation" (Matthew 24:29-31), and Paul says Jesus' coming to gather us together must "destroy" the Antichrist (2 Thessalonians 2:1-8). We Christians must go through the coming tribulation (Revelation 13:7-10, 14:12-13).

http://www.geocities.com/postrib

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
quote &gt;&gt;It is very interesting, and provides more info than I did about the collapse itself.

It is very spectulative to say the least. The currant situation with the stock market is more interesting anyways. There were a lot of top ceo's who dumped their stock out on the market when it was high, and got top dollar for it. But the prices fell sharply and so they bought the same stock back for a fraction of what they had just sold it for. AOL for example sold for a high of about $80 a share a few years ago, and is now selling for $10 a share. There are some companys that are very stable and have pretty much gone unchanged. Even for the last 100 years they have remained steady and consistant.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Note that no scripture promises us a rapture before the tribulation.

The Bible says that we have not been appointed to the wrath of God.

1 Thes. 5:9
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

People should spend less time in speculation and more time reading their Bible to see what God is really going to be doing.

Rev. 6:17
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

The Bride will be righteous before God, and so He will take her out of here, before He pours out His wrath upon the nations for their sin and rebellion.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Once again, the major financial powers will step in, freezing all banking transactions in the major nations. Credit cards and other kinds of bank credit will instantly cease. And once again, this will greatly increase panic.

In Ohio, we lived through a little preview of this in 1985, when the State-insured savings and loans were frozen due to a problem with the insurance being unable to meet all the demands of bankrupt savings and loans. No one who's money was in one of those institutions could access any of it. My brother-in-law had all his money in one such bank, and his mortgage payment, car payment, utility bills and other checks all bounced. The family was on vacation in Florida at the time, and their credit card and ATM cards were frozen as well. They had no money, no way to get money, and a giant financial mess to clean up when they got home. It was months before they could get everything straightened out.

Look into the "Home State Savings and Loan" crash to see what effect the Rapture and its insurance problems will have on individual families!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I believe the rapture will cause wide spread accidents when Christians are taken up. Houses will burn down. Thousands of car wrecks. Machines all over the world will suddenly have no operators. The insurance companies will go bust. Also there is not enough printed money to cover the amount of credit in deposited accounts. The total amount of money that we the people have deposited in bank accounts all over the country does not exist in printed monetary form. That is why you see the little signs at the banks, stating you may be limited the amount that you can withdraw in actual cash. If only 10% of depositors made a run on the banks to get their money out, it would collapse the whole system, because that amount of cash does not exist. I read somewhere that only 2% of the total amount, of deposited accounts actually exist in printed monetary form. So divided equally everyone one could only get two dollars for every 100 dollars they have deposited in there account. I know that in most states it is a crime to have large amounts of cash in your person, and is subject to confiscation, if they so choose. The whole system in my opinion has been set up to crash. The goal of their agenda is to have a cashless one world monetary system, based on crediting and debuting ones account by first scanning a card when purchasing, and then requiring a mark on the right hand or forehead, which can be scanned. This I believe, will be the future method of all retail and wholesale transactions. I personally believe the rapture is pre-trib. I know that some do not agree, and I respect that, but I refuse to argue the timing of an event that most agree will happen, during or before an event (tribulation) that no one wants to go through in the first place. I see the rapture as the first domino of events to fall on this earth, which will usher in the last 7 years before the return of CHRIST. Peace, but not yet.

Upvote 0

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
...The Bible says that we have not been appointed to the wrath of God...
Note that during the tribulation nobody in heaven says God's wrath "is come" until near the end of the tribulation, after the 7th trumpet (Revelation 11:15, 18), in the 7 vials of God's wrath (Revelation 15:1; Revelation 16), and none of the 7 vials are poured out on those of us who have obtained salvation; we are even blessed at the 6th vial (Revelation 16:15), that we might endure to the 1,335th day (Daniel 12:12).

In the pre-trib view, will those who "obtain salvation" in the tribulation be "appointed to wrath?" Aren't being "appointed to wrath" and "obtaining salvation" mutually exclusive?

"God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ" (1 Thessalonians 5:9).

Upvote 0

mcfly1960

Feb 23, 2002
Visit site
✟377.00
Faith
Protestant
In the pre-trib view, will those who "obtain salvation" in the tribulation be "appointed to wrath?" Aren't being "appointed to wrath" and "obtaining salvation" mutually exclusive?

During the pre-wrath stage, which we see at the 5th seal, the martyred tribulation saints will be persecuted for their testimony. In Revelation 6:9-10, their souls are&nbsp;seen in heaven&nbsp;under the altar, awaiting the&nbsp;wrath of God to avenge them (and awaiting their resurrection in Rev 20:4-5.)&nbsp;

At the 6th seal is the wrath of God upon "every bondman" and "every freeman" on the earth (Rev 6:15).&nbsp; These men cry to the mountains,&nbsp;"Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:&nbsp;For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Rev 6:16-17).

And during such wrath, we see that&nbsp;"they will repent not" (Rev 9:20, 16:9, 16:11).&nbsp;&nbsp;

The only group of God's&nbsp;elect&nbsp;that I see who&nbsp;go into the&nbsp;wrath are the un-believing 144,000 elect Israelites, but God will miraculously protect them from harm (Rev 7:3,9:4, Daniel 3:25). Such&nbsp;amazing&nbsp;grace and mercy will no doubt lead to their conversion.&nbsp;

"28&nbsp;As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.
29&nbsp;For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30&nbsp;For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31&nbsp;&nbsp;Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32&nbsp;&nbsp;For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all." (Romans 11:28-32).

Only the "144,000" are promised protection from the 5-months of&nbsp; intense scorpion sting-like torment of the 5th trumpet, when men&nbsp;shall seek death, but&nbsp;death will flee from them (Rev 9:4-6).Note that there&nbsp;are no "hurt not" instructions given the angels&nbsp;regarding the&nbsp;"great multitude" as there are for&nbsp;the "144,000". Since God has not appointed the Church to wrath (I Thes 5:9), the Church must not be here for&nbsp;this wrath.

Upvote 0

Shane Roach

Mar 13, 2002
✟23,036.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by mcfly1960

During the pre-wrath stage, which we see at the 5th seal, the martyred tribulation saints will be persecuted for their testimony. In Revelation 6:9-10, their souls are&nbsp;seen in heaven&nbsp;under the altar, awaiting the&nbsp;wrath of God to avenge them (and awaiting their resurrection in Rev 20:4-5.)&nbsp;

At the 6th seal is the wrath of God upon "every bondman" and "every freeman" on the earth (Rev 6:15).&nbsp; These men cry to the mountains,&nbsp;"Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:&nbsp;For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Rev 6:16-17).

And during such wrath, we see that&nbsp;"they will repent not" (Rev 9:20, 16:9, 16:11).&nbsp;&nbsp;

The only group of God's&nbsp;elect&nbsp;that I see who&nbsp;go into the&nbsp;wrath are the un-believing 144,000 elect Israelites, but God will miraculously protect them from harm (Rev 7:3,9:4, Daniel 3:25). Such&nbsp;amazing&nbsp;grace and mercy will no doubt lead to their conversion.&nbsp;

"28&nbsp;As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.
29&nbsp;For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
30&nbsp;For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
31&nbsp;&nbsp;Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
32&nbsp;&nbsp;For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all." (Romans 11:28-32).

Only the "144,000" are promised protection from the 5-months of&nbsp; intense scorpion sting-like torment of the 5th trumpet, when men&nbsp;shall seek death, but&nbsp;death will flee from them (Rev 9:4-6).Note that there&nbsp;are no "hurt not" instructions given the angels&nbsp;regarding the&nbsp;"great multitude" as there are for&nbsp;the "144,000". Since God has not appointed the Church to wrath (I Thes 5:9), the Church must not be here for&nbsp;this wrath.

2 Thessalonians tells us there will be a great falling away first (2 Thess 2:3), We know also that there will be suffering for those who refuse to take the mark of the beast, and that all through this present age Christians are persecuted. The "tribulation" speaks of a tribulation of the saints like none other. It is not about the judgements and such that come after. It appears that the only believers left will be these 144,000 that you say are unbelievers, but the Bible states clearly that they are not unbelievers. It refers to them as the "servants of our God".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

postrib

Feb 7, 2002
✟958.00
Faith
Christian
...At the 6th seal is the wrath of God...
I think that Revelation 6:16-17 could be the terrified hyperbole of the unsaved, that they can't actually see the face of the Father sitting on his throne in heaven (Revelation 5:7), and that the 6th seal may not actually be God's wrath. Note that those in heaven don't say God's wrath "is come" until after the 7th trumpet (Revelation 11:15, 18), in the 7 vials (Revelation 15:1).

I think John could be seeing a cataclysmic event that precedes the trumpets, which may be an historically unprecedented volcanic eruption which will trigger devastating earthquakes all around the world, and which will fill the atmosphere with ash, blocking the light from the sun and making the moon appear blood red. I think this could be accompanied (possibly triggered) by a storm of large meteorites, "falling stars," which will hit the ground, and atmospheric explosions of those which don't make it to the ground. When they see these horrors, the unsaved will no doubt believe they're all going to die, as "seeing the face of God" means death (Exodus 33:20), and that these events are God's wrath. But God's wrath may not be come in the 6th seal, nor in the 7th, nor in the 7 trumpets. God's wrath may not be come until the final stage of the great tribulation, the 7 vials (Revelation 16).&nbsp;&nbsp;
...the un-believing 144,000 elect Israelites...
Note that the Bible doesn't show the 144,000 getting saved during the tribulation. It's possible they were saved before the tribulation began.
...Only the "144,000" are promised protection from the 5-months of intense scorpion sting-like torment of the 5th trumpet . . .&nbsp;the Church must not be here for this wrath...
Note that it doesn't say the locusts are God's wrath.

I believe only those of us Christians who will receive a particular seal of God in our forehead will be protected from the locusts: "It was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads" (Revelation 9:4). I believe this refers back to Revelation 7: "Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads" (Revelation 7:3).

I believe it's possible that those of us Christians who are not one of the 144,000 could suffer under the locusts (just as we will suffer in many other ways during the tribulation, none of which ways will be the wrath of God) as I believe only the 144,000 will receive the particular seal referred to in Revelation 7: "I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel" (Revelation 7:4). I believe there will be more than 144,000 of us Christians on the earth at that time. Note that later when the 144,000 are already before the throne in heaven (Revelation 14:1-3), there are other of us Christians still suffering and dying on the earth under the Antichrist (Revelation 14:12-13).
...If they were believers during the dispensation of grace, then they would already be part of the Church...
Is there a verse which says grace ends before the tribulation? Isn't the covenant of grace the "everlasting covenant?" (Hebrews 13:20) Isn't the gospel of grace the "everlasting gospel?" (Revelation 14:6) How could we Christians who will be in the tribulation after the cross and after Pentecost (i.e. not OT) who have washed our "robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb" (Revelation 7:14) and have "the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12) and are "in the Lord" (Revelation 14:13) not be in his grace and not be in his body?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.