Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why do you call it nonsense?

you are spouting stuff about ancient Babylon....
Western culture comes from the Greeks and the Romans and mixing in the middle ages with the Celtic peoples and Saxons and Franks and the Germanic tribes

nope, no Babylonian influence in Western Culture

you going on about Babylon seems way more nonsensical

Babalyon is where it came from, what it is based on, and is still imitated to this day.

Upvote 0

SAAN

Apr 26, 2013
Atlanta, GA
✟80,985.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So when confronted with the truth, attack the person?

Do reread the first point under Flaming and Harassment in the rules. Do not address my person again.

I am a historian; your position is wrong. End of story.
Stop being so sensitive. No one is flamming you. You called much of my response nonsense. So we are even now then.:amen:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by SAAN This Babylon legend is where red Easter eggs came from and why the universal color of eggs are red.
Its the RCC that later came along and tried to fluff it up to have different origins.
Babalyon is where it came from, what it is based on, and is still imitated to this day.
Can you show us some proof sources for that...unless you have already done so and I missed it.
Thanks

.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SAAN
Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Stop being so sensitive. No one is flamming you.

Addressing the person is a flame according to the same rules we all agreed to when we signed up.

You called much of my response nonsense. So we are even now then.:amen:
So much for Jesus' command to turn the other cheek...

...and the posts were nonsense. That's an attack on the posts, not the person.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟172,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
WHY EASTER EGGS ARE REALLY RED AND HOW IT CAME ABOUT:

The actual truth, not what the RCC will teach you.

There are many different sources of this story, but ill just put one since they are all based off the same legend.

Semiramis, the queen of heaven, was “born again” as the goddess Easter (Ashtarte) as she emerged from a giant egg that landed in the Euphrates river at sunrise on the sunday after the vernal equinox. To proclaim her divine authority, she changed a bird into an egg laying rabbit. As the cult developed, the priests of Easter would impregnate young virgins on the altar of the goddess of fertility at sunrise on Easter Sunday. A year later the priests of Easter would sacrifice those three-month-old babies on the altar at the front of the Sanctuary and dye Easter eggs in the blood of the sacrificed infants

This Babylon legend is where red Easter eggs came from and why the universal color of eggs are red. Its the RCC that later came along and tried to fluff it up to have different origins.

One of the hallmarks of classic gothic fiction is pervasive anti-Catholicism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When God directly tells his people, NOT to imitate the way people worshiped their Gods
And in what pagan tradition was egg hunting a form of worship? C'mon, every loonie toons "We're The Only Real Christians" sect that pops up proclaims that everybody but them is violating the rule against worshipping like pagans. Pagans prayed standing up, or sitting down, or aloud, or silently had music or didn't, had a liturgy or was against 'em, yahta yahta yahta. Pretty much anything we do or forbear from doing can be used as (and often is) grounds for the accusation that we're imitating what the pagans did.

and we know straight up where Easter Eggs came
Easter chickens?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You clearly hold dearly to the Easter bunny
Don't care a tinker's cuss about it. I do hold an aversion to people who see fit to accuse other Christians of following pagan traditions when in fact they: A) don't, B) wouldn't, C) generally neither know nor care two pins for all the dead Babylonians and/or nonexistent "deities" those long deceased babylonians may or may not have worshipped. Egg hunt has zero religious significance. For my part, that's why I'm generally ag'in it. I don't see any reason to incorporate a secular tradition into the highest holy day in the Christian calendar. But the whole "Babylonian", "Ishtar", "pagan" hogwash gives me the rats because it's all a bloody lie. I don't like bogus "history", especially when it's being used in the cause of separating believers and playing the "we're real Christians and y'all aren't" game.

Does God not tell us to NOT merge pagan customs and try to worship him in the same exact way?
And egg hunting was central to the worship of Great Cthulhu. Since the early CATHOLICS were so keen on snarfing up the Cthulhu worshippers and making offering-paying members out of them, they incorporated some (OK, all) of the elements of the Cthulhu mythos. This can be seen by the line in many of the ancient liturgies: "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" and icons of robed figures with vestigial wings and tentacled faces. The CATHOLICS also embraced the worship of Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Niggurath hoping to get more people into the pews. This can be seen from occasional references to "The Black Goat With A Thousand Young" in works by CATHOLIC "theologians". Other than that, the CATHOLICS completely scrapped the worship of Christ, replacing it, for some reason of the other, we're not sure why exactly, with the ancient babylonian pantheon and its accompanying liturgies and traditions. The babylonian gods names were changed to match those of Biblical figures, and at the behest of Emperor/Pope Constantine, Arius of Alexandria (the last True Christian) was assassinated so as to complete the transition from the traditions of the True Church (now held only by a relative handful of True Believers who haven't bent the knee to Rome/Babylon) to CATHOLIC/Babylonian paganism.

And that's why we (crypto CATHOLIC Anglicans) worship easter bunnies. Iä! Shub-Niggurath!

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Your answers are SCREAMING Roman Catholicism.
Mine scream Anglo Catholicism, sir!

All in good fun should not go against DIRECT commands from God telling his people to NOT imitate the way the pagans worshiped their Gods
I.E., they prayed so we shouldn't pray. They had buildings where they worshipped so we shouldn't have buildings where we worship. They sang songs to their nonexistent deities, so we can't sing songs to the real God. They stood up or sat during their worship, so we mustn't stand or sit during our worship. They wore shoes, we gotta go barefoot. They ate after the service, so we shouldn't. Ad infinitum, ad absurdum.

and treat him the same way, he calls it an ABOMINATION.
Gotta leave off all that praying, then. Pagans prayed.

Actually it is 100% pagan origins.
Every dadgum bit of it. Better just sit on a hillside and meditate, then. Oops, Buddhists do that. Hmmmm...

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Someone is in deeeep denial about the true origins of how this stuff came about.
That would be the one who has embraced a steaming pile of made-up-from-nothing pseudo-history and made it an article of faith.

One day when you do some unbiased research
^_^

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Semiramis, the queen of heaven, was “born again” as the goddess Easter
Sorry, but that's totally made up. Astara was a Germanic "deity", with nothing whatsoever to do with Semiramis. In any event, it appears that worship (if it could have been called such) of Astara had died out prior to Christianization.

(Ashtarte) as she emerged from a giant egg that landed in the Euphrates river at sunrise on the sunday after the vernal equinox. To proclaim her divine authority, she changed a bird into an egg laying rabbit. As the cult developed, the priests of Easter would impregnate young virgins on the altar of the goddess of fertility at sunrise on Easter Sunday.
Wow, that's almost as good as my account of the Church adopting the Cthulhu Mythos. The difference I didn't really think anyone would believe the stuff I made up. We apparently are supposed to believe this claptrap.

A year later the priests of Easter would sacrifice those three-month-old babies on the altar at the front of the Sanctuary and dye Easter eggs in the blood of the sacrificed infants
Scarier and scarier! Was the Pope there, or does he come into the story later?

This Babylon legend
Of which no Babylonian ever heard

Good grief.

Upvote 0
G

GratiaCorpusChristi

What does it have to do with Jesus?

No Christian would actively attend a gay pride parade and say it is fun and harmless.

Homosexuality is expressly condemned by the Bible. It is not an area of Christian freedom.

If what you are doing ties back to a 100% pagan rituals, why do you keep doing it when God himself said don not worship him the same way the pagans worshiped their Gods as it is an abomination to him.

And we wonder why Christan is a joke to most of the world.

Easter Egg hunts are fun for children and doesn't teach them anything about pagan beliefs, and children who go around looking for Easter eggs aren't worshiping anything.

God forbid we have a little fun.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Strong in Him said:
I want to see evidence of a rabbit laying an egg. :)
Another good reason for replacing the rabbit - which is an obnoxious pest, with something cute like a platypus or echidna.

Upvote 0