United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
upload_2022-9-27_8-8-33.jpeg

The above picture is one of the earliest discovered paintings of Madonna and child in the catacombs of Rome. It is found in or near the Church of St. Priscilla.

The earliest Christians were certainly full of the fruits of the Holy Spirit as listed in Galatians (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control) but that does not mean that they were shallow, smiley, happy or clappy in their approach to life. The notion that the early Church’s liturgy was simplistic is overturned in these videos I did on Antiquarianism and Archaeologism. (In these videos I show that the ancient Mass is closer to the TLM than the NOM.) But the close cousin of that 20th century liturgical modern-myth of antiquarianism is met in the 21st century moral modern-myth that the early Catholic Church had a charismatic or Protestant outlook on the moral law.

Once found in a Catholic University of Americaarchive, we will see below that the Spanish Council of Elvira (around AD 306) reveals that the early Catholic Church was much more rigorous than the Medieval Church in not only liturgy, but even in canon law and moral law. Everything I keep coming across in ancient and medieval and modern Church annals continues to reveal to me that the modernists created what AB. Viganò calls a “parallel Church” starting in the 1960s. I continue to see that the chief modernist architects did not want a return to the early Church, but simply desired (and desire) to destroy the perennial Catholic Church.

Keep in mind that doctrine can never change. How about liturgy and discipline? Normally, in happier days of the Church, both liturgy and discipline change at a snail’s pace through the centuries (with discipline changing slightly more rapidly than liturgy, but still extremely slowly itself.) The fourth century disciplines of local canon law that you read below are no longer binding and even I don’t want desire a return to them. But the following canons of the AD 306 Council of Elvira (Spain) is simply more proof that the early Catholic Church was more rigorous than the Medieval Catholic Church, so I list them here to counter yet another silly modernist-myth growing in the minds of so many neo-con non-trads even today:

1. A baptized adult who commits the capital crime of sacrificing to the idols is not to receive communion even when death approaches.

2. Flamens (a priest in a temple) who have been baptized but who then offer sacrifices will double their guilt by adding murder (if they organize public games) or even triple it with sexual immorality, and they cannot receive communion even when death approaches.

Continued below.
The Early Church Was More Rigorous Than the Medieval Church | Padre Peregrino

• Informative
Reactions: Pioneer3mm