Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dream every night. Every. Single. Night. It's exhausting to me, because my mind is never just...quiet. And I feel almost like I live two existences; day and night. I don't think I've ever met another person who dreams EVERY night (or at least someone who remembers them every morning, I know science says we all dream every night). I hate it, frankly. My dreams are almost never pleasant, they range from nonsensical to bizarre to terrifying.

Anyone else here experience constant dreaming? Sometimes I dread going to bed, because I have no idea what my mind will conjure up, it's like being forced to watch TV without having control of the remote.

Anywho...use this thread to post your dreams, whether they're old, recent, funny, scary, powerful, confusing...

I have tons of dreams about being chased and hunted by people or creatures who want to kill me. Last night was more of the same.

Last night I had a post-Rapture-ish dream (which I've been having a lot of recently), where we (left-behind Christians) were all living in a huge city. Suddenly, the non-Christians (which we knew were evil and wanted to capture, imprison, and kill us) appeared, and everything was in mayhem as we tried to run and hide. Some of the non-Christians were giants (like 100 feet tall) and they could smash their hands right through walls and buildings to grab us. We were all running, screaming, everything was hysteria all over the city. Many of us were finding hiding places though, in closets, in basements, in alleys. Sometimes the Christians could make themselves invisible. At one point I jumped into some sort of pit or ditch beside a building, and I heard a voice say “you’re hiding here, too?” and then I could see a big group of people all huddled down there with me. Another time I saw some non-Christians patrolling down a street in a car, and I jumped into a bush to hide, but (get this!) I dropped my PURSE of all things, on the grass. For some reason, I had my wallet in my hand, and I thought “maybe without any ID in the purse they won’t find me or know who dropped it”. But they instantly saw me and grabbed me. But I was able to break free and run from them (they were two girls) and they ran after me. I kept expecting them to have a weapon to shoot me, but they didn’t, and all they could do was chase me. When I realized they couldn’t hurt or catch me, I turned around and grabbed the one closest to me, and threw her like a wrestler would do. The rest of the dream was all running and hiding and dodging all those big, scary hands that would suddenly smash through buildings and grab whoever they touched.

Reneemo4

Hello God? It's me, Renee...
May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Have you ever done any reading on dreaming Vicky? It makes me wonder if there are others (there MUST be) who have the same issues. Especially if you are waking up exhausted, it must be so dang frustrating as sleeping is supposed to be our recharging time! Do you find that it affects you negatively, as in sleeping patterns, and waking exhausted?

I know one of my daughters dreams every single night too, and I only know that because she talks in her sleep every single night. But she doesn't talk to me about her dreams, and has never mentioned anything like this. So I can't say that I have any experience with such vivid and mind boggling dreams!

I think I might do a google search and do some reading... :)

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most of my dreams are so complex and involved that I've never been able to find a book or source that goes into enough depth to explain them. Most dream interpretation books will tell you what a color, or an object means. My dreams aren't just "a red ball was sitting on a square table", ya know? lol I call my dreams "epic dreams" because they're very complicated, long, multi-layered stories, almost like watching an entire movie.

I don't wake up physically exhausted, it's more of a mental exhaustion. It's like, I can't ever just stop thinking. When I go to bed, I want to be oblivious and unaware until I wake up, and not remember anything. But it never happens.

If you find anything in your research, let me know!

Upvote 0

HazelWings

There is no one like our God
Apr 17, 2011
Oregon
Visit site
✟18,056.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Before the kids came along I used to remember my dreams every single night, and even used to keep a dream journal where I'd write them down. Now, usually when I remember my dreams it's just sporadic because I konk out at night from exhaustion :)

Upvote 0

Oddish

May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD.
Jun 20, 2009
✟31,510.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have had very vivid dreams everynight for what seems like my whole life! I think that worry and anxiety is behind it. The other night I had a particularly awful nightmare and it really disturbed and upset me. It is rare that I feel completely rested in the morn.

Upvote 0

Reneemo4

May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Hey Vicky, I found this link. Some of the article sounds a bit like what you're talking about, but if nothing else it's quite fascinating to read about what happens when we sleep/dream. And there is a pile of links after the article that all speak to the same topic. Maybe you can find something in there?

Sleep, Dreams and REM Sleep Behavior Disorder | Serendip's Exchange

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey Renee,
Thanks for the link! That was a really fascinating (albeit badly written...the grammar...lol) article, and very informative. I think it's absolutely incredible that the brain creates sensory input from within itself when we're dreaming. In other words, you don't hear or feel what's going on in your bedroom, but your brain will make itself see the colors and hear the sounds and feel the sensations of whatever you're dreaming just as vividly as if they were really happening. Now the question is - does your brain pick random sensory input to create the dream? Or does your brain create the dream and you feel the resulting sensory experience? Questions, questions...

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
For those of you who have trouble remembering your dreams, there's a simple way to fix it. Before you go to sleep each night just say to yourself, "In the morning I will remember my dreams." It may take a few days to kick in but eventually you'll recall them every morning when you wake up.:)

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don't dream every night but I do dream a lot. I have lots of dreams about planes at the moment. That is not surprising except I keep going to the airport and finding that I am going to the wrong destination. Had another one the other night. I have even dreamed that I was a pilot with my sister and brother-in-law as my passengers. I have a lot of aeroplane dreams.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Reneemo4

May 25, 2011
Ontario, Canada
✟16,433.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Hey Renee,
Thanks for the link! That was a really fascinating (albeit badly written...the grammar...lol) article, and very informative. I think it's absolutely incredible that the brain creates sensory input from within itself when we're dreaming. In other words, you don't hear or feel what's going on in your bedroom, but your brain will make itself see the colors and hear the sounds and feel the sensations of whatever you're dreaming just as vividly as if they were really happening. Now the question is - does your brain pick random sensory input to create the dream? Or does your brain create the dream and you feel the resulting sensory experience? Questions, questions...

Welcome! It was quite fascinating to read - and I'm lol'ing at your comment about it being written badly, I noticed it too!!

Did you get a chance to go to any of the links? I didn't have time so perhaps I'll go have a look today.

Upvote 0