The Down side of seeing God (why we can't see God)

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This traditional (non-messianic) rabbi has some interesting thoughts on the topic in this short video.

Besides that I read a book called "Disappointment with God" that deals with Theodicy in a Christian perspective, the author notes how in the Pentateuch and Old Testament there were visible manifestations of God, yet these things did not actually help the early Hebrews and Israelites they still sinned, rebelled etc.

Reactions: cuboy9

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This traditional (non-messianic) rabbi has some interesting thoughts on the topic in this short video.
Rabbi Friedman is teaching teenage girls who take their religious training very serious. I have bought some books written by the Hasidic Kabbalah Rabbi's. Their books are very expensive because this is how they support themselves so they can teach these girls at little or no cost to the girls. For me it is enough to learn the Hebrew and the meaning of the Hebrew letters.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
the author notes how in the Pentateuch and Old Testament there were visible manifestations of God, yet these things did not actually help the early Hebrews and Israelites

You have answered your question your self.
Also we are to have faith/trust in God, what need of this if we have the evidence in front of us.
Then there is the issue of Gods holiness and our sinfulness, how can a sinner see God.
May I suggest you read the OT where moses met with God and Isaiah saw God and note their reactions.
Finally it is part of Gods mercy to atheists, they are not being confronted with undeniable evidence that they are wrong. They will not believe and for them to know there is a God would tell them they are heading for hell.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Rabbi Friedman is teaching teenage girls who take their religious training very serious. I have bought some books written by the Hasidic Kabbalah Rabbi's. Their books are very expensive because this is how they support themselves so they can teach these girls at little or no cost to the girls. For me it is enough to learn the Hebrew and the meaning of the Hebrew letters.

Yes I occasionally watched his program called something like "Torah Forum" years ago, 2006-2007 that was broad cast on a San Francisco TV station into the Silicon Valley area. There were some ideas he mentioned that were useful to me studying Classical Christianity, especially relating to things like Holiness etc.

Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟801,184.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Besides that I read a book called "Disappointment with God" that deals with Theodicy in a Christian perspective, the author notes how in the Pentateuch and Old Testament there were visible manifestations of God, yet these things did not actually help the early Hebrews and Israelites they still sinned, rebelled etc.
I have heard from my atheist and agnostic friends: “If I could see God or at least the miracles of God I would believe in Him”.

I often reply with: “Would you change your life, go out and tell others, be happy to know the Christian God truly exists?”

Most say they are fine with the way they are and would not “change”, It is not up to them to tell others, God needs to show Himself to others and finally they are not really happy with the way the Bible presents the Christian God and if that is the way he is they would not be happy with Him.

Bottom line: It is to the benefit of some to remain ignorant of God and be “happy” in this life.

Is God trying to get us to acknowledge His existence and thus knowingly ignoring Him?

If you studied diligently and worked up scientific proof even for yourself that God truly does exist, does that mean you have “faith” in God’s existence or does that mean you have knowledge of God’s existence? Will you go about studying diligently trying to increase your knowledge of God, in contrast to, the person who believes in God’s existence, taking what little faith and Love he/she does have and using it in helping others to have their faith and Love grow?

Knowledge tends to puff the person up, while faith is a humbling activity which the lowliest person on earth can do, so which is God wanting for us?

The Pharisees during Christ’s time on earth had the most knowledge concerning God, but who had the greater faith?

The easiest thing for a mature adult to do is believe in a god, since the evidence for God’s existence is all around us and you have to be a fool not to believe in a god. Just that little faith (humbling activity) is enough to seek and except the Benevolent Creator help (charity), that is what anyone can do and God is wanting us to do, so how much knowledge is needed?

It goes on from there.

Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0