The Doctrine of "Universalism" (Christian Universalism or Otherwise) True or False?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe God can do whatever he wants and we should not say what he does or will do. we should also not judge others, where they will go or not.

example:
Jesus whom is one with God, without sin; he could of threw the first stone to the adulteress which the Pharisees brought before him.. but he did not, he rather asked her where her accusers were and said to her to go and sin no more. hmmmm.. did she repent to Jesus before he heard her fear of stones about to be thrown at her?

God judges and the book of life has not been opened; if it has, please tell me "Is my name written on it"?

:)

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
I am talking about being in His spiritual will - under His influence - that is absent in the non believer and its sometimes absent in the believer when we greive His Spirit. The bible speaks about desiring His presence and usually indiciative of being in his will and under His guidence - evil is the absent of those things and is sin condition.

This makes it sound like God leaves us when we sin... He comes and goes, and comes and goes. He's absent from us. I don't believe this, I believe He is faithful even when I'm not, and will never leave nor forsake me, even when I sin, and I know that I still think and do evil all the time. We are so fallen we don't know how far we have gone. Sure, I know it grieves Him, but He doesn't depart from me and leave me.

But to say evil is God's absence, I just don't think it fits.

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,551.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Did you read where I said influence and will or do you believe we are in his will and influence when we sin? Again you arent getting what I am saying because you are taking whats being said to a literal extreme.

But you made a statement that was literally extreme. Evil is the absence of God.

I think I'll forget it, Angel4Truth.. we are not understanding what the other is meaning.

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Davids firstborn by bathsheba was the one in question and the verse about going to baby was clear it wasnt about amnon.

Can you tell me how you can go to a person when you are dead if not going to them in heaven?

Family plot?

Upvote 0

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who? Babies? All that does is get them wet. Let's not get off topic, CaDan.

Yes, babies. You know, the evil little creatures we make. That's your choice of words, by the way.

Reactions: GraceInHim
Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟18,723.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
This isn't the language of someone interested in an open discussion, but rather, someone quite convinced that they are right, and are charged with the task of proving Universalists wrong, instead of engaging in an open conversation.

Thus, because I have some Universalist sympathies, and because, due to your previous conduct, it seems highly unlikely any actual progress will be made in this discussion, I think I'll stay away for now.

EDIT: Wow. Literally, less than 60 seconds after posting this, I have been reported for irrelevance. Impressive.
reps if I could

:sorry:

I see nothing wrong with Universalism or having some Universalism beliefs...
though Im not Universalist myself I do believe in a God who loves all his/her creation and whose creation is a part of God just as a child is a part of a parent...
:)

Reactions: GraceInHim
Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The post said David's firstborn. David's firstborn was Amnon.
[bible]2 samuel 3:2[/bible]
[bible]1 chronicles 3:1[/bible]

That would then have been a misquote of scripture.
[bible]2 samuel 12:23[/bible]
David does not say he would see his dead son. He said he would go to him.

When I am dead and I go to God, I will see my loved ones and millions of others! We will have spiritual bodies. After we have been given our new physical, glorified bodies, we will be like Jesus as He is now, and as he was when He was resurrected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Family plot?

When I am dead and I go to God, I will see my loved ones and millions of others! We will have spiritual bodies. After we have been given our new physical, glorified bodies, we will be like Jesus as He is now, and as he was when He was resurrected.

When I go to my loved ones who are with Christ, I will certainly see them!

Now you are changing the goalposts. You used what David SAID as a prooftext. What David SAID does not demonstrate that children who die in infancy go to heaven.

David expected to be buried in the same family tomb as his son.

Upvote 0

united4Peace

Contributor
Jun 28, 2006
Alberta
✟18,723.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Yes, God is omnipresent in His universe, but He is not invited into the heart of an unbeliever, and so it remains evil.

You must understand Him through His word. He is not found in evil men.
And what abou those who are mentally disabled?
Who arent capable of making the decision to believe in God?
Does God send them to Hell?? Or is being the way they are part of God's punishment?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CaDan

I remember orange CF
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2004
The Society of the Spectacle
✟71,545.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does God send them to Hell?? Or is being the way they are part of God's punishment?

That question's been sitting out there unanswered for a couple of hours.

It's easy to send Hitler to hell. It's a lot harder to send cute little babies.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Those who cannot perceive repentance and their own sinfulness, God makes provision for.

Upvote 0

Floatingaxe

Apr 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
✟22,726.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Now you are changing the goalposts. You used what David SAID as a prooftext. What David SAID does not demonstrate that children who die in infancy go to heaven.

David expected to be buried in the same family tomb as his son.

That is ludicrous! David, who knew God more intimately than any of us could aspire to, knew the truth that the infant was with God and that he would one day be reunited with him in the presence of God.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.