sebastian

is invisible...
Mar 27, 2004
✟10,161.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
yay, now we can watch celebrity dancing on ice, then switch over to watch the after-show of celebrity dancing on ice, then after that watch the show again with commentry in slow motion, then, watch the same programme, but with a different name on the other side, yay!

Reactions: Allister
Upvote 0

ScottishJohn

Contributor
Feb 3, 2005
Glasgow
✟16,690.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I'm interested in the extra power it will consume. I noticed an advert for a wind up radio recently. 60 seconds of winding plays you 1 hour of fm radio, or 5-6 mins of digital radio! How much more power will transmission and reception use up across the country when all of our TV is digital?

Upvote 0

non-religious

Veteran
Mar 4, 2005
Herts
✟11,017.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[Cygnus]We've already gone digital with Freeview so it's no probs for us

Yeah we get Virgin (formely NTL) and when they had that whole problem with losing certain SKY programmes (Lost, 24 and Simpsons) my wife, who enjoys Lost phoned Virgin and told them that we are switching to Sky. To keep us as customers they have provided all the channels free of charge for 6 months. Also I don't know why, but since we have been on Broadband (quite a while now) we have never been charged for it:scratch:

Ah well.....I'm not complaining :p

Upvote 0

Hexa

Jan 19, 2006
✟16,367.00
Faith
Protestant
Is radio switching to dgig too or just tv??

I remember the good old days when you used to get just the 4 tv channels. No wonder why you never see kids playing out in the streets now when they get hundreds of kids tv channels 24 hours a day, no doubt in their bedrooms too.

As for the cost thing, is the government not obliged to pay for digi boxes in houses with low income? Im sure I heard something like that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nah, the more channels they can cram on, the more money they get for it.

So far we have had four digiboxes, two that didn't work properly and had to be brought back and one that died after a year. Televisions and video recorders last much longer. So for people who have difficulty affording a digibox, there is also the problem of having to replace ones that die, and it will still only give one channel at a time, unlike analogue where you can record, and watch a different channel, while the kids watch another channel on a different TV. With digiboxes you either have to go for the very expensive ones that can decode multiple channels, or buy lots of digiboxes.

One piece of advice folks. Get a box with buttons so you can change the channel manually. Kids always lose the zapper.

Upvote 0