The Difference Between the Rapture of the Church and the Second Coming of Christ

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peter said the prophecy was fulfilled during the arrival of the Holy Spirit at Pentecost. He was right in part, but Joel's prophecy is for an end days fulfillment at the second coming of Christ,

So Peter, who was filled with the the Holy Spirit, and witnessed the outpouring of the spirit on others in the last days of the old covenant, was only partly right about the prophecy from Joel?

That is a very bold statement to make. I'm going to have to trust peters understanding of the Old Testament prophecies over yours.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So Peter, who was filled with the the Holy Spirit, and witnessed the outpouring of the spirit on others in the last days of the old covenant, was only partly right about the prophecy from Joel?

That is a very bold statement to make. I'm going to have to trust peters understanding of the Old Testament prophecies over yours.

Why do you keep arguing about this issue? If you are unable to see, Joel's end times prophecy has not been fulfilled yet, and could not possibly be fulfilled at Pentecost. Because the prophecy has yet to be fulfilled, as Zech,12 clearly reveals.

And I boldly proclaim the truth of the Word of God, and you will find no falsehood in what I have written about this issue, but rather, the Scripturally supported facts.

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Peter declares that Joel's prophecy which he quotes in Acts 2:17-21 was being fulfilled in its entirety that day.

Then, what you are saying, is that the end times came at Pentecost. I don't think so,

Quasar92

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
y of the Lord

What does God say in Joel 2 and Zech.12?

Quasar92

It is typical of the proponents of modern Dispensational Theology to ignore the interpretation given by Holy Spirit filled New Testament Apostles like Peter, on the Day of Pentecost, in an attempt to use their own personal interpretation instead.

It is like former President Bill Clinton arguing over what the meaning of the word "is", is...

Act 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 
Act 2:15  For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 
Act 2:16  But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 
Act 2:17  'AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE LAST DAYS, SAYS GOD, THAT I WILL POUR OUT OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL FLESH; YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS. 
Act 2:18  AND ON MY MENSERVANTS AND ON MY MAIDSERVANTS I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS; AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY. 
Act 2:19  I WILL SHOW WONDERS IN HEAVEN ABOVE AND SIGNS IN THE EARTH BENEATH: BLOOD AND FIRE AND VAPOR OF SMOKE. 
Act 2:20  THE SUN SHALL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS, AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE COMING OF THE GREAT AND AWESOME DAY OF THE LORD. 
Act 2:21  AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS THAT WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.' 
Act 2:22  "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 
Act 2:23  Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 
Act 2:24  whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 
Act 2:25  For David says concerning Him: 'I FORESAW THE LORD ALWAYS BEFORE MY FACE, FOR HE IS AT MY RIGHT HAND, THAT I MAY NOT BE SHAKEN. 
Act 2:26  THEREFORE MY HEART REJOICED, AND MY TONGUE WAS GLAD; MOREOVER MY FLESH ALSO WILL REST IN HOPE. 
Act 2:27  FOR YOU WILL NOT LEAVE MY SOUL IN HADES, NOR WILL YOU ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO SEE CORRUPTION. 
Act 2:28  YOU HAVE MADE KNOWN TO ME THE WAYS OF LIFE; YOU WILL MAKE ME FULL OF JOY IN YOUR PRESENCE.' 
Act 2:29  "Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 
Act 2:30  Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 
Act 2:31  he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 
Act 2:32  This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 
Act 2:33  Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 
Act 2:34  "For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, 
Act 2:35  TILL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES YOUR FOOTSTOOL." ' 
Act 2:36  "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." 
Act 2:37  Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" 
Act 2:38  Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
Act 2:39  For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call." 
Act 2:40  And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation." 
Act 2:41  Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. 

Not only do Dispensationalists ignore Peter's interpretation of Joel, but they also ignore that Peter addressed the crowd as "men of Judea", then as "men of Israel", and in Acts 2:36 as "all the house of Israel".

This is done in an attempt to separate Israel from the Church.

Anyone who thinks the early Church was a "Gentile Church" is in denial of Peter's words.

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is typical of the proponents of modern Dispensational Theology to ignore the interpretation given by Holy Spirit filled New Testament Apostles like Peter, on the Day of Pentecost, in an attempt to use their own personal interpretation instead.

It is like former President Bill Clinton arguing over what the meaning of the word "is", is...

Act 2:14  But Peter, standing up with the eleven, raised his voice and said to them, "Men of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem, let this be known to you, and heed my words. 
Act 2:15  For these are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 
Act 2:17  'AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THE LAST DAYS, SAYS GOD, THAT I WILL POUR OUT OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL FLESH; YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS. 
Act 2:18  AND ON MY MENSERVANTS AND ON MY MAIDSERVANTS I WILL POUR OUT MY SPIRIT IN THOSE DAYS; AND THEY SHALL PROPHESY. 
Act 2:19  I WILL SHOW WONDERS IN HEAVEN ABOVE AND SIGNS IN THE EARTH BENEATH: BLOOD AND FIRE AND VAPOR OF SMOKE. 
Act 2:20  THE SUN SHALL BE TURNED INTO DARKNESS, AND THE MOON INTO BLOOD, BEFORE THE COMING OF THE GREAT AND AWESOME DAY OF THE LORD. 
Act 2:21  AND IT SHALL COME TO PASS THAT WHOEVER CALLS ON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.' 
Act 2:22  "Men of Israel, hear these words: Jesus of Nazareth, a Man attested by God to you by miracles, wonders, and signs which God did through Him in your midst, as you yourselves also know— 
Act 2:23  Him, being delivered by the determined purpose and foreknowledge of God, you have taken by lawless hands, have crucified, and put to death; 
Act 2:24  whom God raised up, having loosed the pains of death, because it was not possible that He should be held by it. 
Act 2:25  For David says concerning Him: 'I FORESAW THE LORD ALWAYS BEFORE MY FACE, FOR HE IS AT MY RIGHT HAND, THAT I MAY NOT BE SHAKEN. 
Act 2:26  THEREFORE MY HEART REJOICED, AND MY TONGUE WAS GLAD; MOREOVER MY FLESH ALSO WILL REST IN HOPE. 
Act 2:27  FOR YOU WILL NOT LEAVE MY SOUL IN HADES, NOR WILL YOU ALLOW YOUR HOLY ONE TO SEE CORRUPTION. 
Act 2:28  YOU HAVE MADE KNOWN TO ME THE WAYS OF LIFE; YOU WILL MAKE ME FULL OF JOY IN YOUR PRESENCE.' 
Act 2:29  "Men and brethren, let me speak freely to you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his tomb is with us to this day. 
Act 2:30  Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 
Act 2:31  he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 
Act 2:32  This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 
Act 2:33  Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 
Act 2:34  "For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'THE LORD SAID TO MY LORD, "SIT AT MY RIGHT HAND, 
Act 2:35  TILL I MAKE YOUR ENEMIES YOUR FOOTSTOOL." ' 
Act 2:36  "Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." 
Act 2:37  Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, "Men and brethren, what shall we do?" 
Act 2:38  Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 
Act 2:39  For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call." 
Act 2:40  And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, "Be saved from this perverse generation." 
Act 2:41  Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. 

Not only do Dispensationalists ignore Peter's interpretation of Joel, but they also ignore that Peter addressed the crowd as "men of Judea", then as "men of Israel", and in Acts 2:36 as "all the house of Israel".

This is done in an attempt to separate Israel from the Church.

Anyone who thinks the early Church was a "Gentile Church" is in denial of Peter's words.

Show me by Scripture where this took place at Pentecost. As recorded from Joel:

An Army of Locusts
1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand—
2 a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness. Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was in ancient times nor ever will be in ages to come.
3 Before them fire devours, behind them a flame blazes. Before them the land is like the garden of Eden, behind them, a desert waste— nothing escapes them.
4 They have the appearance of horses; they gallop along like cavalry.
5 With a noise like that of chariots they leap over the mountaintops, like a crackling fire consuming stubble, like a mighty army drawn up for battle.
6 At the sight of them, nations are in anguish; every face turns pale.
7 They charge like warriors; they scale walls like soldiers. They all march in line, not swerving from their course.
8 They do not jostle each other; each marches straight ahead. They plunge through defenses without breaking ranks.
9 They rush upon the city; they run along the wall. They climb into the houses; like thieves they enter through the windows.
10 Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine.
11The LORD thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty is the army that obeys his command. The day of the LORD is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?

Quasar92

Upvote 0

Quasar92

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2016
Lexington, KY 40517
Visit site
✟332,574.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Does Peter say what God says?

Did Peter say anything about the following that is documented in Joel? Show me by Scripture where any of it happened at Pentecost.

An Army of Locusts
1 Blow the trumpet in Zion; sound the alarm on my holy hill. Let all who live in the land tremble, for the day of the LORD is coming. It is close at hand—
2 a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and blackness. Like dawn spreading across the mountains a large and mighty army comes, such as never was in ancient times nor ever will be in ages to come.
3 Before them fire devours, behind them a flame blazes. Before them the land is like the garden of Eden, behind them, a desert waste— nothing escapes them.
5 With a noise like that of chariots they leap over the mountaintops, like a crackling fire consuming stubble, like a mighty army drawn up for battle.
7 They charge like warriors; they scale walls like soldiers. They all march in line, not swerving from their course.
8 They do not jostle each other; each marches straight ahead. They plunge through defenses without breaking ranks.
9 They rush upon the city; they run along the wall. They climb into the houses; like thieves they enter through the windows.
10 Before them the earth shakes, the heavens tremble, the sun and moon are darkened, and the stars no longer shine.
11The LORD thunders at the head of his army; his forces are beyond number, and mighty is the army that obeys his command. The day of the LORD is great; it is dreadful. Who can endure it?

Quasar92

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟784,067.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did Peter say anything bout the following that is documented in Joel? Show me by Scripture where any of it happened at Pentecost.

An Army of Locusts

Quasar92
Since you seem to have already forgotten the OP, here it is again to help you:

Peter declares that Joel's prophecy which he quotes in Acts 2:17-21 was being fulfilled in its entirety that day.

You will notice (I hope) that Peter's quote is from Joel 2:28-32, not 1-11. Please try to pay a little more attention.

• Agree
Reactions: claninja
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So believing gentiles don't have the law written on their hearts?
The tense in the verbs portray that it happened during the time of the author of Hebrews

Hi claninja,

Now my hubby says, "How`s that working for you?" Are believers obeying God`s law? Don`t we teach each other? Whereas Heb. 8: 11 says that `none of them shall teach his neighbour...`

God is talking about how He will apply the new covenant to Israel. And we see that in the millennium when they actually teach the nations how to live by God`s laws.

As to believers in the Body of Christ, the new covenant, applies to us actually in a deeper way.

`...Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature,....` (2 Peter 1: 3 & 4)

Note, the divine nature in the heart, far excels having the law of God in a heart.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You have ripped Hebrews 8:10 out of its context in an attempt to make the Two Peoples of God doctrine work.
The verse is clearly not waiting on a future fulfillment, since Hebrews 8:6 and Hebrews 8:13 were written in the present tense during the first century.

The verse is found fulfilled below.

Rom 2:28  For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh; 
Rom_2:29  But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Hi BABerean,

The book of Romans presents a courtroom scene. God, the judge of all the earth, summons Jew and Gentile before the bar of justice. Prisoner after prisoner is brought up.

The general charge is stated, - "All under sin." (Rom. 3: 19) Both the Gentile (2: 1 - 16) and Jew (2: 17- 3: 8) are given the opportunity for a hearing. Their special pleas for "not guilty" are carefully considered and answered, clearing the way for the final verdict from the Judge.

Finally the Judge pronounces the verdict. `All the world....guilty before God. (Rom. 3: 19) Against all this there is no defense. The judge says, "Is there anyone to plead the cause of the prisoners?" And there is no answering voice. Every mouth is stopped. (Rom. 3: 19) There is no room for excuse.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the old testament even until a little after the crucifixion, this appears so. But it seems that Paul makes a different argument that is a result of the cross. That all, Jew and Gentile, are one in the body of Christ.

Galatians 3:26-29
26So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Hi claninja,

God shows us that the OT saints are NOT in the Body of Christ.

`...you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, to an innumerable company of angels, to the general assembly and church of the first-born who are registered in heaven, to God the judge of all, to the spirits of just men (& women) made perfect...`(Heb. 12: 22 & 23)

Two distinct groups -
1. The church of the first-born registered in heaven,
2. The spirits of just men (& women). OT saints.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟597,987.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi claninja,

The term, last days, refers to the time of Pentecost right through to the Lord coming in power and glory to deliver Israel. Hasn`t the Lord`s Holy Spirit been upon the Body of Christ through out the centuries? haven`t believers been filled with the Holy Spirit and given Holy Spirit giftings to prophecy etc?

Note Joel`s time span. (Joel 2: 21 - 32)

Marilyn.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did Peter say anything bout the following that is documented in Joel? Show me by Scripture where any of it happened at Pentecost.

An Army of Locusts

Quasar92

Joe 2:28  "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams, Your young men shall see visions. 
Joe 2:29  And also on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. 
Joe 2:30  "And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: Blood and fire and pillars of smoke. 
Joe 2:31  The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD. 
Joe 2:32  And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, As the LORD has said, Among the remnant whom the LORD calls. 

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BABerean,

The book of Romans presents a courtroom scene. God, the judge of all the earth, summons Jew and Gentile before the bar of justice. Prisoner after prisoner is brought up.

The general charge is stated, - "All under sin." (Rom. 3: 19) Both the Gentile (2: 1 - 16) and Jew (2: 17- 3: 8) are given the opportunity for a hearing. Their special pleas for "not guilty" are carefully considered and answered, clearing the way for the final verdict from the Judge.

Finally the Judge pronounces the verdict. `All the world....guilty before God. (Rom. 3: 19) Against all this there is no defense. The judge says, "Is there anyone to plead the cause of the prisoners?" And there is no answering voice. Every mouth is stopped. (Rom. 3: 19) There is no room for excuse.

Marilyn.

Thank God that I belong to the Judge. (John 5:24-30)

He owns me.

He paid for me in Blood on Calvary's Cross.

Upvote 0

claninja

Jan 8, 2017
indiana
✟298,336.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn,
Now my hubby says, "How`s that working for you?" Are believers obeying God`s law?

Isn't the law to 1.) Love God above all else and 2.) Love your neighbor as yourself?
If so, that's kind of a weird thing to say "how's that working for you?"

Don`t we teach each other? Whereas Heb. 8: 11 says that `none of them shall teach his neighbour...`

You are misunderstanding Hebrews 8:11

1 John 2:26-27
I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.
`...Jesus our Lord, as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature,....` (2 Peter 1: 3 & 4)

Note, the divine nature in the heart, far excels having the law of God in a heart.

Yes, the new covenant far excels the old covenant.

Upvote 0