• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

The Devil is never happy, with your schizophrenia (or mental condition)

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So just to give you a view from the mountain top, I have wrestled with my schizophrenia since my twenties and I have learned:
The Devil is never happy, with your schizophrenia
He doesn't want you to give it to him, but he doesn't want you to give it to anyone else, either. He's scared. He thinks you will outfox him, or take off with something he was counting on having to himself. God thinks this is funny, even. Like God - without you asking Him - will leave the Devil to complain about your schizophrenia all day and all night long. It's like there is a different schizophrenia every moment: the Devil does not want it to stop.

Doctors, nurses, carers, whoever, they all fundamentally have nothing to say to the Devil, in his desire to leave you in bondage, with nothing of your own say. I have even got to the point, where I will not trust God, in preference to not having the Devil say "I know you, better than you know yourself". That's the line the Devil gives people who are sane (he's never happy with sanity either, go figure that out!) and it makes no difference whether you are on your way to sanity or away from it, the Devil will not concede you need a judgment of your own, to help deal with the schizophrenia - he will just leave you with the schizophrenia, until it destroys you, in one fashion or another.

I have called myself all manner of names, asserted myself in all manner of ways - "I'm the Devil, I hate the world; I'm the anti-Christ, the world is mine" etc. etc. and I have never got rest from my schizophrenia. It's like Jesus said "Birds have nests and foxes have holes, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay the head". Jesus gets it. Jesus realises that asking for sanity in the middle of a schizophrenic breakdown is not going to make the Devil go away: you have to get angry and say "Hey Devil, I know you will never let me forget my schizophrenia, but you never let Jesus out of His Schizophrenia, so now I am wise to you and you telling me on my own, isn't going to work!"

Like you literally have to put your foot down "I may never be free from schizophrenia, but that's not going to stop me from praising God forever" - if you can do this, you will be free, in some degree (the exact nature of your freedom will depend on what condition you have, what it is tempting you to do and how long it takes for you to surrender it to the Holy Spirit). Have hope, the Devil can be beaten - if he was so curious about your Schizophrenia, he might be interested himself, but being proud, he'll never be able to admit it (like I'm doing here - let the reader note) and so for him, it will only ever get worse. If it gets worse, the Devil will fight, but he will need to be "tamed" before he can learn to cope with it!

Thumbs up for Jesus, if you think the Devil could get tamed by a schizophrenic! Jesus said "Watch out, it's at the door" you haven't got long when you are facing off with the Devil - show him the way up or show him the way out!

The Devil should have been happy with my schizophrenia a long time ago.

Reactions: Unqualified

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi there,

So just to give you a view from the mountain top, I have wrestled with my schizophrenia since my twenties and I have learned:

He doesn't want you to give it to him, but he doesn't want you to give it to anyone else, either. He's scared. He thinks you will outfox him, or take off with something he was counting on having to himself. God thinks this is funny, even. Like God - without you asking Him - will leave the Devil to complain about your schizophrenia all day and all night long. It's like there is a different schizophrenia every moment: the Devil does not want it to stop.

Doctors, nurses, carers, whoever, they all fundamentally have nothing to say to the Devil, in his desire to leave you in bondage, with nothing of your own say. I have even got to the point, where I will not trust God, in preference to not having the Devil say "I know you, better than you know yourself". That's the line the Devil gives people who are sane (he's never happy with sanity either, go figure that out!) and it makes no difference whether you are on your way to sanity or away from it, the Devil will not concede you need a judgment of your own, to help deal with the schizophrenia - he will just leave you with the schizophrenia, until it destroys you, in one fashion or another.

I have called myself all manner of names, asserted myself in all manner of ways - "I'm the Devil, I hate the world; I'm the anti-Christ, the world is mine" etc. etc. and I have never got rest from my schizophrenia. It's like Jesus said "Birds have nests and foxes have holes, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay the head". Jesus gets it. Jesus realises that asking for sanity in the middle of a schizophrenic breakdown is not going to make the Devil go away: you have to get angry and say "Hey Devil, I know you will never let me forget my schizophrenia, but you never let Jesus out of His Schizophrenia, so now I am wise to you and you telling me on my own, isn't going to work!"

Like you literally have to put your foot down "I may never be free from schizophrenia, but that's not going to stop me from praising God forever" - if you can do this, you will be free, in some degree (the exact nature of your freedom will depend on what condition you have, what it is tempting you to do and how long it takes for you to surrender it to the Holy Spirit). Have hope, the Devil can be beaten - if he was so curious about your Schizophrenia, he might be interested himself, but being proud, he'll never be able to admit it (like I'm doing here - let the reader note) and so for him, it will only ever get worse. If it gets worse, the Devil will fight, but he will need to be "tamed" before he can learn to cope with it!

Thumbs up for Jesus, if you think the Devil could get tamed by a schizophrenic! Jesus said "Watch out, it's at the door" you haven't got long when you are facing off with the Devil - show him the way up or show him the way out!

The Devil should have been happy with my schizophrenia a long time ago.
Were you baptized? I know the devil takes less interest in those baptized because the Holy Spirit works in you then and it makes you stronger.

• Agree
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Were you baptized? I know the devil takes less interest in those baptized because the Holy Spirit works in you then and it makes you stronger.
I got the Holy Spirit when I believed on Christ and said the sinners prayer. I think that's how it works for everyone, when you believe you get a new heart, new desires and the Holy Spirit of God. Of course baptism is great and every Christian should do it, but it's not what saves you.

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I got the Holy Spirit when I believed on Christ and said the sinners prayer. I think that's how it works for everyone, when you believe you get a new heart, new desires and the Holy Spirit of God. Of course baptism is great and every Christian should do it, but it's not what saves you.

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16

What Bible are you reading?

Upvote 0

Job405

Jesus Christ Matters
Supporter
May 17, 2020
Uusimaa
✟121,390.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16

What Bible are you reading?
I read (or listen to) the King James bible mostly.

John 3:15-16 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Notice that in Mark 16:16 it doesn't say "he that is not baptized" shall be damned, only he that believeth not shall be damned. Being baptized is great but it's not a requirement for salvation.

Acts 16:30-31 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

John 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

So basically if you believe and are baptized, you shall be saved. If you believe and eat a cookie you shall be saved. If you believe and stand on one leg you shall be saved. We are saved by God's grace through faith, not of works, lest any man should boast.

Upvote 0

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
The point is that you've got to get angry with the Devil, and put him in his place!

He might not understand "schizophrenia", but you've got to tell him "its none of your business!"

He won't let up, until you meet fire with fire.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟408,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The devil likes to keep us bound. How can we be bound by this thing and still be free. But the Lord and the Bible keep that freedom going. He’s teaching me how to get out from under it. Be persistent in resisting the devil and he will flee. But it’s your mind and flesh too. Keep resisting, praying reading for the elbow room. Stay willing to fight it out in your suffering and it will yield fruit.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The devil likes to keep us bound. How can we be bound by this thing and still be free. But the Lord and the Bible keep that freedom going. He’s teaching me how to get out from under it. Be persistent in resisting the devil and he will flee. But it’s your mind and flesh too. Keep resisting, praying reading for the elbow room. Stay willing to fight it out in your suffering and it will yield fruit.
He will flee...until the next time. The devil is relentless brother and you can know that he will stop at nothing to permeate your soul and try to drag you into the pit. It is a daily battle and thank God we have Jesus because without Him our disadvantage is so great. Through ignorance, and lack of spiritual sight, and temptation and his schemes we are not equipped as mortals to win a battle against him on our own. As the most Intelligent being ever "created", he is using his knowledge of what has worked best over the last 2000 years to get mankind falling into hell at a rapid rate. The problem lies in what is told to us by the church. " Jesus died on the cross for your sins." While this is true, it leaves many believing the work has been done and nothing is needed on their part. There is nothing further from the truth. We MUST repent to accept His gift and obtain salvation or He can do nothing for us. People did not know this and EVERYONE is praying and repenting in hell but it is too late. If only they knew in life what they know now in death. My heart breaks for them as their torment is unbearable. I just hope that some of them might find relief and mercy on Judgement day but that will be up to God.

• Agree
Reactions: Gottservant
Upvote 0