The destructiveness of sexism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Ah!!! The longing to live in the past instead of having to deal with the present. Of course, in the Fifties and Sixties we had FAR fewer people needing to do jobs. Remember? Society killed off over 60,000,000 people in the Forties.
We could easily repeat that.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Phil.Stein
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before they entered the workplace on mass in the 1960's, yes. People back then could have large family's and only the father needed to work.
Perhaps if men didn’t start two consecutive world wars that required women to step outside of their homes and fill the jobs left empty by sending all our able bodied men to fight and die. Perhaps women wouldn’t have tasted a world of opportunity outside the home. Perhaps them women would still live under the stars illusion that they are only built for domesticity. But that ship has sailed.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
We could easily repeat that.

Very easily. The weapons are proportionately larger to be able to exterminate an equivocal percentage of the population.

I think though, one of the neat things about the last time is that...at least in America...the percentage of men exterminated was much higher than it would be now.

That resulted in the need to offer women high paying jobs in the industrial complex to build the machines the men were using to kill people with. The very high quality of those machines were instrumental in that success even if the men are reluctant to acknowledge that.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The divide between men and women exists because society has created it. Their relationship is skewed. People put more thought into buying a used car than they do when picking a spouse. Women need to stop spreading their legs for every worthless dirtbag that comes staggering down the road and men need to grow up. SEX IS NOT LOVE AND LUST IS NOT A REASON TO GET MARRIED. Marriages fail because they should never have happened in the first place. The media and society produces dirtbags. So if the country is filled with dirtbags how can any marriage succeed in the first place? Marriages based solely on "love" or physical attraction have a rocky future. Men and women who should be partners have become enemies. Haven't STD's taught anyone anything? Must God wipe us all out before we begin to learn? We were never meant to be competitors.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Very easily. The weapons are proportionately larger to be able to exterminate an equivocal percentage of the population.

I think though, one of the neat things about the last time is that...at least in America...the percentage of men exterminated was much higher than it would be now.

That resulted in the need to offer women high paying jobs in the industrial complex to build the machines the men were using to kill people with. The very high quality of those machines were instrumental in that success even if the men are reluctant to acknowledge that.
Actually, the second world war was instrumental in getting women into the workplace, but after the war ended, there were many initiatives to tell women "okay, the men are back now, you ought to better go back into the kitchen".

Upvote 0

usexpat97

kewlness
Aug 1, 2012
Ecuador
✟76,839.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps if men didn’t start two consecutive world wars that required women to step outside of their homes and....

Just to make sure I've got this straight: the subject of this thread is sexism is bad. The two world wars were caused by men. And this made the poor, innocent women have to step up and save them??

• Haha
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Just to make sure I've got this straight: the subject of this thread is sexism is bad. The two world wars were caused by men. And this made the poor, innocent women have to step up and save them??
Women certainly did their part in keeping the economy going while the men were in the field, like they did in every war before it. The only difference is that this time they didnt return to the kitchen when the war ended.

Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The divide between men and women exists because society has created it. Their relationship is skewed. People put more thought into buying a used car than they do when picking a spouse. Women need to stop spreading their legs for every worthless dirtbag that comes staggering down the road and men need to grow up. SEX IS NOT LOVE AND LUST IS NOT A REASON TO GET MARRIED. Marriages fail because they should never have happened in the first place. The media and society produces dirtbags. So if the country is filled with dirtbags how can any marriage succeed in the first place? Marriages based solely on "love" or physical attraction have a rocky future. Men and women who should be partners have become enemies. Haven't STD's taught anyone anything? Must God wipe us all out before we begin to learn? We were never meant to be competitors.

As an interesting aside, there is a theory that the reason why so very many Christians voted for our current president even though he more closely resembles the antichrist than he does the Christ is because they think that by doing that, they can pressure Jesus into doing the 'Revelation' thing.

I thought of that as I was reading your post with its total negativity and desire for 'God' to wipe everyone out for punishment for all the things you perceive as 'wrong'.

I prefer the optimism of Jesus as recorded in the Gospels that humanity can become better should humanity desire to do that. Because I think that is possible is why I am willing to reach back and lift women up because our society has pushed them so very far down. I see it as an issue of a defective society rather than some magical religious issue in which 'God' wants women to be continually pushed down.

I find it sad that some religions continue to use God as a scapegoat to allow the subordination of women and the denial of their rights as humans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟906,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You completely missed what I was responding to in my post you quoted. That poster was blaming women entering the workforce for all that’s wrong with the workplace and economy, but not acknowledging that the main reason the doors opened to women was a loss of the male workforce during the wars. Women were needed in the workforce then but once out of the confines of home it’s not surprising that many wanted to stay out.

• Useful
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
My issue is this idea that women are busy saving the world, in spite of those men who are busy destroying it. And that is not sexist HOW?

One group of people are trying their very best to destroy the world, another group is trying to save it. The group trying to save it includes women but that group is not exclusively women.

Your conclusion is false because saving the world is not based on whether one is male or female.

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
What optimism? Humanity cannot improve. Truth is sad sometimes.

What is sad is the denial of Jesus and His teachings by one who professes Him. However, I lay a lot of that misunderstanding at the feet of a religion which promotes the negative instead of the beauty of their leader's teachings.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟492,544.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
The non-Christians always know best how a Christian is supposed to think and behave.
Its not an easy job, but somebody has to do it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
The non-Christians always know best how a Christian is supposed to think and behave.

Oh, and it would make it a lot more difficult for non-Christians to know how a Christian is supposed to think and behave if the Christian manual wasn't so handy. I use the Biblegateway myself and they have versions in a variety of languages and the English one has the longest list.

It really is easy to read the book and then watch the Christians. One would think the only people NOT reading the book are the Christians.

• Haha
Upvote 0

zephcom

Jul 9, 2017
Pacific Northwest
✟87,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
When a non-Christian reads the bible, he's reading somebody else's mail. I guarantee you do not know what you are reading, because if you did, you would be compelled to become one of us.
Actually, not even the religion thinks that a non-Christian reading the Bible is like reading someone's mail. The religion wants people to read the Bible...under their supervision of course...so they will convert.

That is why so very many copies are given away.

I went down that road of being 'one of us' a very long time ago. I credit reading the Bible for breaking me out of that group. I also credit reading the Bible for my deeper and happier understanding of the power of Jesus' teachings once those teachings are divorced from the religion.

Raising one's spirituality is continual learning process.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.