• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

The Destruction of the John Paul II Institute in Rome and Why it Matters.

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+44,566
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Before I proceed I want to be clear about a few things. I do not think, as some radical traditionalists claim, that Pope Francis is a heretic. Nor do I think he is a false pope. I think Archbishop Vigano and his minions are full of it and I want nothing to do with him or his many promoters in the clickbait domain of self-aggrandizing, internet crackpots. I am a traditionalist in the ressourcement school of thought, which means I support Vatican II and the teachings of all of the post-conciliar popes, especially the teachings of Saint Pope John Paul II, and Pope Benedict XVI. I am not a huge fan of the Novus Ordo and I think the reform of the liturgy was botched and in grave need of a wholesale overview and reform. Nevertheless, I support Mass in the vernacular and do not view the Novus Ordo with the depth of animosity and hostility one sees among some of the more visible promoters of the TLM. I like the TLM, but do not think it should ever again be the ordinary form of the Church’s liturgy. In short, I am no Pope Francis fan boy, but I also do not buy into the restorationist nonsense of his rad trad critics. Pope Francis has his fervent adherents and his fevered opponents. I am neither.

Continued below.
    https://gaudiumetspes22.com/2021/10...paul-ii-institute-in-rome-and-why-it-matters/

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+9,662
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    Pope Francis gets a load of stick. Especially from the Trads. Like, Taylor Marshall on youtube.

Nothing wrong with Vatican II. But, what would be awesome, would be to make the Novus Ordo in the vernacular version, word for word, action for action, just like the Latin. The same prayers etc etc...but in the vernacular..

Latin was made mainstream in the late 4th century. They call it the language of the church but, only since the 4th century has that been true.

Some people are out to get Francis.

We should all pray for him and the church.

God bless Pope Francis..