Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture says;

1 John 2:16 (NASB)
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world.

How can it be said that all these desires we have came, “not from the Father but from the world”?

Reason being, that this is what the fall of Adam produced in him, and us, his offspring. These lusts of the flesh/eyes, pride of life, is that very life of self that must be given up, if we are to walk in newness of life. It is the fall into the life of this world that is, and was Adam’s separation from God. (As it is true in us today.) So all these desires of this life/world came “not from the Father but from the world”.

If we want to grow in our salvation we have in Christ, the life of this world with all it’s desires and lusts must be given up, or reckoned dead in us. Which is what the foundation and way of walking in newness of life, that was given us, consists of.

Scripture also says;

“Do not love the world nor the things in the world.” Because; “The world is passing away, and [also] its lusts;”

All these desires of this life are not to be found again in us in Heaven. As children of God we are told to leave them behind and walk in newness of life, in the time we have in the body.

But the only way for the old life in us to die, is for us to really die, or to be joined to one that has died. So His death becomes ours, and we are freed from the life of this world with all its lusts, that we inherited from Adam when he fell. (Which is that which separates us from God.)

But Praise be to the One who died for us, and joined us with Him in His death so we might walk in newness of life in the time of our sojourn in this world.

Love not the world or the things of the world for they are passing away.

So;

Unto Him for making a way in the darkness that we might walk in newness of life and be restored in our fellowship with Him.

Blessings as we grow up and unto Him.

For;

“God, you are God, and you are my/our Creator.”

Much love in Christ, Not me

Edit;

The how, is to, by faith, reckon yourself dead unto sin, but alive unto God

Blessings

Last edited:

Brotherly Spirit

Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's said Jesus died for our sins once for all. Unlike the sacrificing of the animals which was superficial and unrepentant, his sacrifice deep within giving himself to the Father and doing so a lasting salvation. Not a "I've sinned again and again, here's my repentance again and again." Even the Pharaoh repeatedly asked Moses to intercede after each cursing, he only wanted the suffering to end. Soon as he with all of Egypt seemed to be freed from their disobedience, they quickly forgot desperation felt and the mercy gave. It was selfish desperation, not actual humility before God. It was the difficulty of their present suffering and not actual fear before God.

The Pharaoh and the Egyptians were brought to know the Lord, God of the Hebrews; yet they didn't come to know the fear of the Lord as their God. Even the children of Israel were doubtful questioning Moses, how he was making it difficult for them and how easy it was for them in Egypt being enslaved. Also Moses had doubted, unsure how a man like him would speak for the Lord the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob. There's a distinction between the two people's regarding their doubts and fears; one people continued as before not listening to the Lord and the one he sent, the other people in all their suffering kept believing salvation had come if they just listened and followed.

We must continue to have repentance in faith, hope, and love. It all must be centered on the Lord our Savior. Never to lose faith in him that he's come for us and knows the way, never to lose hope he's the one sent and God through him will bring us to Him, and never lose love of God which is gave from Him in Jesus to us.

Blessing to you too Not Me and all my brethren!

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0