Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I choose not to speak on this much anymore lest the associating of itself, become a sectarian struggle. That is, no more than the Apostle did.

I appeal to you, brothers, , that you may be united in mind and conviction, , For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building

(1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Corinthians 3:9)​

So which does the uniform presence lead one to, that soft still Voice, or a quiet quench of the Spirit?

God bless you mightily!

Last edited:

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
The only thing I would insert here (please share your insights), if the way of correction has led you thus far, is that walk completely free of any such quench?
I don't know that it is possible never to quench the Spirit. I had a temporary downer this week when I started to think negatively. If Christians reject the notion that we have to agree on every point of doctrine in order to be in unity, we will get somewhere. Until then, Christians are too busy fighting each other to take the fight to the enemy.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So which does the uniform presence lead one to, that soft still Voice, or a quiet quench of the Spirit

Your error is the assumption that unity equals uniformity.

If you prefer a litergy and ritual and I don't, but we agree on what the gospels are. To me that is unity.

No where does Jesus lay down how we are to worship in the New testament.

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟369,194.00
Faith
Non-Denom

If you prefer a litergy and ritual and I don't, but we agree on what the gospels are. To me that is unity.

No where does Jesus lay down how we are to worship in the New testament.

Other than that God seeks people to worship Him in spirit (or Spirit) and in truth.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Admittedly, I have tarried and fellowshipped with such though not by the decade. Has what some folks hold as spiritual always found reason to proceed no further? Look at the many mottos Churches acquire that dot the countryside, but within all their varying likeable initiatives, I agree, the vast majority of these all have the same connection to the Spirit:

`repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus the Messiah for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit'

(Acts 2:37-38).​

Then comes that terrible reflection of the Son, The Faith that Dies. The unseen emblazoned subtitle concerning the fruits within, wherein the Apostle asks,

(“can faith save”?)

Now we have varying reasons to break that unity of the Spirit. The internet tools we now have has only exacerbated this previous condition. But thank God, this much we have and up to this initial sound recipe is as far as they go but where they again, part from our NT forerunners.
A well-used quip from some theologians. Alas, another sect, but not entirely. This poster realizes this can be found working from the position of God’s varying gifts being expressed individually. But if someone wishes to use that ‘unity not uniformity’, then they surely must be careful about it not blossoming into a rail against the Apostle’s united in mind and conviction”.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I choose not to speak on this much anymore lest the associating of itself, become a sectarian struggle. That is, no more than the Apostle did.

I appeal to you, brothers, , that you may be united in mind and conviction, , For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building

(1 Corinthians 1:10, 1 Corinthians 3:9)​

So which does the uniform presence lead one to, that soft still Voice, or a quiet quench of the Spirit?

God bless you mightily!

Unity is a sign of the work of the Holy Spirit..

But it includes this form of unity --

Jude -
3 Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints. 4 For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

5 Now I desire to remind you, though you know all things once for all, that the Lord, after saving a people out of the land of Egypt, subsequently destroyed those who did not believe.

Upvote 0