United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Truth.png
If the election results do not look like you hoped they would look, if your president, your House of Representatives, your senators, or your state government doesn't look like you want it to look, then pray. Pray God's will on Earth as it is in Heaven. If you think God can't use a Republican, a Democrat, or an independent, or anyone else He chooses, think again. He once used a donkey! Speaking the name of Jesus into our government bodies and in the White House will actually accomplish something. Whining and cussing, picking fights and getting involved in drama accomplishes nothing but more division. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, the healing of America's great division must start with us, and it starts with us seeking Him first. We aren't told to fear, we are told to pray, and we are specifically told to pray for our leaders. The Bible doesn't say you have to like the leaders for whom you pray. If we want change, we must pray for God's will to be accomplished. And when we pray God's will, we may find that the first change is in our own minds, hearts, and lives.

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
View attachment 244919 If the election results do not look like you hoped they would look, if your president, your House of Representatives, your senators, or your state government doesn't look like you want it to look, then pray. Pray God's will on Earth as it is in Heaven. If you think God can't use a Republican, a Democrat, or an independent, or anyone else He chooses, think again. He once used a donkey! Speaking the name of Jesus into our government bodies and in the White House will actually accomplish something. Whining and cussing, picking fights and getting involved in drama accomplishes nothing but more division. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, the healing of America's great division must start with us, and it starts with us seeking Him first. We aren't told to fear, we are told to pray, and we are specifically told to pray for our leaders. The Bible doesn't say you have to like the leaders for whom you pray. If we want change, we must pray for God's will to be accomplished. And when we pray God's will, we may find that the first change is in our own minds, hearts, and lives.
Great post. I wondered if the reason Trump got elected in the first place was prayer, and God postponing some sort of judgement. I guess I still partially believe it's all a dog-and-pony show, but did not feel (I could be wrong) there was the same level of prayer about the recent vote, as there was about the vote to decide between Trump and Clinton's wife.

People seem to put too much faith in Trump, when he is, after all, just a man. Yeah, his forthright honesty is great, but he's not God or our Saviour.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My response to this election is as it has always been...ho hum. Nothing in my life will change much, unless I change it. The most either political party can do is charge me a little more, or a little less through taxation. I pretty much control my life and destiny. Washington can do as it pleases...I barely notice out here in 'fly over' country.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
checks and balance is good, regardless of who is president.
Correct.

I have to balance my checkbook no matter who is the Prez. Or I am in big trouble.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟456,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
View attachment 244919 If the election results do not look like you hoped they would look, if your president, your House of Representatives, your senators, or your state government doesn't look like you want it to look, then pray. Pray God's will on Earth as it is in Heaven. If you think God can't use a Republican, a Democrat, or an independent, or anyone else He chooses, think again. He once used a donkey! Speaking the name of Jesus into our government bodies and in the White House will actually accomplish something. Whining and cussing, picking fights and getting involved in drama accomplishes nothing but more division. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, the healing of America's great division must start with us, and it starts with us seeking Him first. We aren't told to fear, we are told to pray, and we are specifically told to pray for our leaders. The Bible doesn't say you have to like the leaders for whom you pray. If we want change, we must pray for God's will to be accomplished. And when we pray God's will, we may find that the first change is in our own minds, hearts, and lives.
It's unfortunate. Gridlock coming.

Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My response to this election is as it has always been...ho hum. Nothing in my life will change much, unless I change it. The most either political party can do is charge me a little more, or a little less through taxation. I pretty much control my life and destiny. Washington can do as it pleases...I barely notice out here in 'fly over' country.
Things do have a way of recycling.

Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's unfortunate. Gridlock coming.
Maybe not...I hope anyway. One thing I do know is that prayer changes things. When we pray, "Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven" it's just my thought that we don't get to question his Method of doing His will. Lots of people are praying for America...lots of people are abusing the freedom we have. As for me, I'll keep looking to Him and not at this mess called politics. "Restore the Joy" I like that.

Upvote 0

AmusingMargaret

Instigator
Dec 26, 2016
Southeastern US
Visit site
✟39,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Great post. I wondered if the reason Trump got elected in the first place was prayer, and God postponing some sort of judgement. I guess I still partially believe it's all a dog-and-pony show, but did not feel (I could be wrong) there was the same level of prayer about the recent vote, as there was about the vote to decide between Trump and Clinton's wife.

People seem to put too much faith in Trump, when he is, after all, just a man. Yeah, his forthright honesty is great, but he's not God or our Saviour.
Agree, on all points.

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Things do have a way of recycling.

Once you build an industry around a problem it's hard to 'solve' that problem. :(
Once elected politicians quickly learn this.

Upvote 0