Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I am taking off from this forum for a while. It seems our 'friends' have itchy trigger fingers, and instead of debating, they report.

Have fun, ya'll.

Ain't that the truth.

They bait and report.

I'm always on the edge of getting 86'd

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
In watching the Presidents speech last night, although delivered much different from Clinton who actually had goosebumps "running down my leg" I was struck by the vision he articulated for our country, the goals to achieve and the continued theme of how we are all in this together, as we rise we pull others up with us.

So even though Texas' electoral votes will be going to the GOP darkness and the individualism they represent I will forgo trying to make a statement with a Green Party vote. I will go with my ballot being cast for Obama.

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I am taking off from this forum for a while. It seems our 'friends' have itchy trigger fingers, and instead of debating, they report.

Have fun, ya'll.

Anyone else get a little insulted by the constant, sarcastic use of '... our liberal friends.' The people who use that language, IMO, do not engender feelings of friendship from liberals.

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Anyone else get a little insulted by the constant, sarcastic use of '... our liberal friends.' The people who use that language, IMO, do not engender feelings of friendship from liberals.
I'm tempted to start using "my right wing reactionary regressive social Darwinist friends" in referring to them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I'm tempted to start using "my right wing reactionary regressive social Darwinist friends" in referring to them.

Don't. Just be nice and protest being referred to in a condescending manner when necessary.
They should get the point eventually.;)

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
In watching the Presidents speech last night, although delivered much different from Clinton who actually had goosebumps "running down my leg" I was struck by the vision he articulated for our country, the goals to achieve and the continued theme of how we are all in this together, as we rise we pull others up with us.

So even though Texas' electoral votes will be going to the GOP darkness and the individualism they represent I will forgo trying to make a statement with a Green Party vote. I will go with my ballot being cast for Obama.
:clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

stamperben

Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I don't get it. why are the republicans so fishy? I mean why be loose with their words and hope the facts are right? The fact checkers claim a different story. I'm waiting on what the fact checkers are saying about the democrats. So far I haven't heard any thing on the Dems
It's the lies, repeated over and over again that will get them votes. The real tragedy is that they have no specifics for what they plan for the country if elected. And there are Americans who are okay with that! That's what I don't get.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm waiting on what the fact checkers are saying about the democrats. So far I haven't heard any thing on the Dems
I've already seen some of it - instead of independent, non-partisan factcheckers, they've got their own. They use sources such as Ed Klein's hatchet job, The Amateur, as their source. :D

For instance, one claim is that Michelle Obama lied about how they struggled in their early years. As proof, they use Klein's cite that they bought an expensive condo. What they leave out is that they didn't buy the condo until several years into their marriage. Before that, they lived in a small, rented walk-up (no elevator, which means whatever you buy, you haul up the stairs).

They say that Michelle filed for divorce - that seems to also come from Klein's book. His source is anonymous rumor from one of her "friends" - unnamed).

Upvote 0

TScott

Curmudgeon
Apr 19, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
✟11,974.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Democrat
I've already seen some of it - instead of independent, non-partisan factcheckers, they've got their own. They use sources such as Ed Klein's hatchet job, The Amateur, as their source. :D

For instance, one claim is that Michelle Obama lied about how they struggled in their early years. As proof, they use Klein's cite that they bought an expensive condo. What they leave out is that they didn't buy the condo until several years into their marriage. Before that, they lived in a small, rented walk-up (no elevator, which means whatever you buy, you haul up the stairs).

They say that Michelle filed for divorce - that seems to also come from Klein's book. His source is anonymous rumor from one of her "friends" - unnamed).
Leave it to the Republicans. If things aren't in the gutter yet, just give them time.

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I honestly believe they wanted the economy to stay bad so that Obama would look bad - though he did great. But will folks recognize they did that?

Probably. Mitch McConnell or whatever his name is said from the get go that they wanted Obama out. Obamacare essentially shows this. He gave them concession after concession until it was like Romneycare and it STILL wasn't good enough. The Republicans watered it down and voted against it, just like Cenk at The Young Turks said they would. And then Dinesh D'Souza has the nerve to sit in front of Maher and say Obama was partisan because the Republicans refused to vote for it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.