Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Dem claim that the woman has to always be believed

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Well that just shows the very unbalanced place in which they are coming from. The Bible tells me that all are sinners, I believe that includes men and women.

Both men and women should be trusted and not trusted to the same degree.

Anything other than that can never be argued to be fair and balanced.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Dem claim that the woman has to always be believed

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Well that just shows the very unbalanced place in which they are coming from.
What 'Dems' do you know have made that claim? It seems like you're all just taking this straw man and running with it as if it is an established fact.

It's like if I started a thread about "the Rep claim that all women are liars."

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What 'Dems' do you know have made that claim? It seems like you're all just taking this straw man and running with it as if it is an established fact.

It's like if I started a thread about "the Rep claim that all women are liars."

Responding to the thread title.

Direct complaints to the OP.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Responding to the thread title.

Direct complaints to the OP.

M-Bob

Yet you seem to be in agreement that "Dem(s) claim that a woman always has to be believed" so you need to them support your agreement with a citation.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yet you seem to be in agreement that "Dem(s) claim that a woman always has to be believed" so you need to them support your agreement with a citation.

My statement is that at times both men and women can be believed and at other times both men and women cannot be believed.

It ain't rocket science up top the mountain for all have sinned.

There should be and is (no difference) between the two.

M-Bob

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Non sequitur

Wokest Bae Of The Forum
Jul 2, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
✟38,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is all I could find:

“Not only do women like Dr. Ford, who bravely comes forward, need to be heard, but they need to be believed. I just want to say to the men in this country: Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing for a change.” - Senator Hirono

“I value women, I listen to women, I believe women. In that instance, there were eight credible allegations. Enough was enough" - Senator Gillibrand, specifically about Al Franken

“Do we value women in this country? Do we listen to women when they tell us about sexual trauma? Do we listen to their stories about how their lives have been forever scarred? Do we take their claims seriously? Or do we disbelieve them as a matter of course?” - Senator Gillibrand, in Senate speech about Kavanagh situation

Gillibrand seems to be more about the specific instance, or her believing that the default position is disbelief (not saying we should instantly believe).

Hirono, well... kinda all-encompassing.

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dems say Christine Blasey Ford has to be believed because she's a woman.

Boy this thread sure has taken a strange turn. Especially when insinuations are all it seems to take to find someone guilty of anything/everything in todays world, proof is not required.

Insinuations that aren't verifiable (Kavanaugh accusers) are very credible, insinuations that Dems have said "The women need to be believed" (easily verifiable using a reliable search engine) are not credible in any way shape or form. :scratch::scratch::scratch:

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Here is all I could find:

“Not only do women like Dr. Ford, who bravely comes forward, need to be heard, but they need to be believed. I just want to say to the men in this country: Just shut up and step up. Do the right thing for a change.” - Senator Hirono

“I value women, I listen to women, I believe women. In that instance, there were eight credible allegations. Enough was enough" - Senator Gillibrand, specifically about Al Franken

“Do we value women in this country? Do we listen to women when they tell us about sexual trauma? Do we listen to their stories about how their lives have been forever scarred? Do we take their claims seriously? Or do we disbelieve them as a matter of course?” - Senator Gillibrand, in Senate speech about Kavanagh situation

Gillibrand seems to be more about the specific instance, or her believing that the default position is disbelief (not saying we should instantly believe).

Hirono, well... kinda all-encompassing.
Megyn Kelly is now coming under fire from liberal Democrats just for saying on Twitter:

"...the notion that *every* woman must be believed is absurd."

They are calling it "victim shaming."

I agree with Megyn Kelly and respect her courage and journalistic integrity.

She's not going along with the groupthink mob.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Megyn Kelly is now coming under fire from liberal Democrats just for saying on Twitter:

"...the notion that *every* woman must be believed is absurd."

They are calling it "victim shaming."

I agree with Megyn Kelly and respect her courage and journalistic integrity.

She's not going along with the groupthink mob.
No, they do need to be believed. We need to accept, in the absence of strong evidence to the contrary, that they are telling us what they believe to be the truth. What they tell us should be independently verified to the extent possible, but the Right's alternative--brushing it off as nothing but a product of the Soros-Clinton conspiracy--is not acceptable.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No, they do need to be believed. We need to accept, in the absence of strong evidence to the contrary, that they are telling us what they believe to be the truth. What they tell us should be independently verified to the extent possible, but the Right's alternative--brushing it off as nothing but a product of the Soros-Clinton conspiracy--is not acceptable.
If you believe every woman must be believed why don't you believe Megyn Kelly?

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,258,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I was 6 in 1992. My memory doesn't go back that far.

Welcome to the 21st century, where this type of behavior no longer flies in the Democratic Party. What is the Republican Party's excuse for still being okay with it?

I was a teenager back then, in highschool.

In fairness, I do remember James Carville, Clinton's campaign manager saying "If you drag a 100 dollar bill through a trailer park, you'll never know what you'll find".

I think Kavanaugh's alleged conduct is far worse than anything Clinton was accused of, from what I remember.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If you believe every woman must be believed why don't you believe Megyn Kelly?
I believe the same thing about Kelly as I believe about Ford--that she is convinced of the truth of her assertions. Would you rather I believe that she was lying at the behest of some Christian Right conspiracy?

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe the same thing about Kelly as I believe about Ford--that she is convinced of the truth of her assertions. Would you rather I believe that she was lying at the behest of some Christian Right conspiracy?
Why don't you believe Brett Kavanaugh? Is it because he's a man?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Why don't you believe Brett Kavanaugh? Is it because he's a man?
Do I believe that he doesn't remember the incident? I'm inclined to, though he has been caught out in a few other things.

• Agree
Reactions: Silmarien
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We need to accept, in the absence of strong evidence to the contrary, that they are telling us what they believe to be the truth.

What they tell us should be independently verified to the extent possible, but the Right's alternative--brushing it off as nothing but a product of the Soros-Clinton conspiracy--is not acceptable.

Or there is always that other option, that they may not be telling the truth?
M-Bob

Upvote 0