USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Time had God dead 50 years ago. Nietzsche had hime dead quite a bit earlier. I think it was 135 years ago.

Time-is-god-dead-Friedrich_Nietzsche.gif

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive got it playing while typing this so not heard al of it yet. There are a couple of points that seriously undermine this.

First, It is by the University of Essex. The liberal left have well and truly got hold of all universities here in the UK and there is a very strong anti-Christian agenda in them. They indoctrinate all students into liberal left ideology and are very adept at persuading them any arguments they have against this view are wrong. On other forums I go on such as football which includes all aspects of society you can see people arguing this is the case and they have become liberal left, citing their university experience as teaching them that they should think this way. As part of this they teach the LBGT agenda and that Christians are hate filled haters who dont accept people for who they are. The National Union of Students is heavily funded (even here) by George Soros and his cronies who are anti-Christian.

So using a UK university as a source is akin to using a cult as a source, they have a clear agenda and beliefs and are very adept at indoctrinating people into it.

Second, the love of many will grow cold. I am hoping that we will see an outpouring of the Spirit which is prophesied before the end comes. It is God who will draw people to Him so man made views have no standing in whether this can be turned around.

This also assumes all religions are the same. It equates being Christian as being the same as any other religion. As we know that is not the case, a Christian is someone who has been born again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

woobadooba

Legend
Sep 4, 2005
✟10,191.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Observe the connection.

James 1:26-27 (NKJV) "If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless. Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world."

Matthew 24:11-13 (NKJV)
"Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved."

Matthew 7:21-23 (NKJV)
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'"

Revelation 14:12 (NKJV) "Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus."

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ive got it playing while typing this so not heard al of it yet. There are a couple of points that seriously undermine this.

First, It is by the University of Essex. The liberal left have well and truly got hold of all universities here in the UK and there is a very strong anti-Christian agenda in them. They indoctrinate all students into liberal left ideology and are very adept at persuading them any arguments they have against this view are wrong. On other forums I go on such as football which includes all aspects of society you can see people arguing this is the case and they have become liberal left, citing their university experience as teaching them that they should think this way. As part of this they teach the LBGT agenda and that Christians are hate filled haters who dont accept people for who they are. The National Union of Students is heavily funded (even here) by George Soros and his cronies who are anti-Christian.

So using a UK university as a source is akin to using a cult as a source, they have a clear agenda and beliefs and are very adept at indoctrinating people into it.

Second, the love of many will grow cold. I am hoping that we will see an outpouring of the Spirit which is prophesied before the end comes. It is God who will draw people to Him so man made views have no standing in whether this can be turned around.

This also assumes all religions are the same. It equates being Christian as being the same as any other religion. As we know that is not the case, a Christian is someone who has been born again.

Did you watch the video?

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
15 minutes long, but informative. Good overview.

I remember Marxist revolutions were flaring up around the world as I grew up. Russia and China became atheist communist. Christianity was illegal there. Stalin sent the religious to concentration camps in Siberia. Communist atheism was enforced in Eastern Europe. It spread to Korea, Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia. Cuba was taken by Marxists. Venezuela is yet under their power. Peruvian Christians were being murdered by revolutionaries of the Shining Path Marxists. Central America was a battle ground. Communism was found to be less productive than capitalism and communism fell out of favor. Christianity became legal once again.

Religion in and of itself is not good. The ISIS movement was openly religious, but extremely dangerous. Good religion will yet be sought. I recall Jesus teaching narrow is the path that leads to salvation and broad is the path that leads to damnation. It does not surprise me that many people are rejecting Christianity.

Jesus taught people should pray in private, not on the street corners to be seen by men. He also taught that when you give alms to the poor, you should not make a public display of it. Some religion is underground.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I watched this thread and noted a correct view of the directions of what current trends indicate and projected over the future seems to be good analysis. I would not agree with the conclusions he made regarding the correlation of wealth and equating it with a relation to secularism. Real wealth is taking your assets and subtracting your liabilities and it you have more assets then debt that is your wealth. Secular nations now once were as the trend shown much more religious in general and more Christian specifically. The decline in Christian world views is linked to rising debt levels in all societies. If you look up national debt by nations a poor country like Algeria the nation is only in debt 6 % of GDP and debt per citizen in under $500 while the US is at 106% debt to GDP and each citizen owes over $60,000. Keynesian economics redefined capital which used to be money saved free and clear of any debt that could be invested. Now capital is created out of credit or money is loaned into existence and the whole system is run by central bankers who have indebted the nations. The Bible speaks of globalization and a final 7 year period with 10 heads over the nations and one head over all. The seal judgments in Rev 6 state that
3 When He opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature saying, “Come and see.”4 Another horse, fiery red, went out. And it was granted to the one who sat on it to take peace from the earth, and that people should kill one another; and there was given to him a great sword.
5 When He opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come and see.” So I looked, and behold, a black horse, and he who sat on it had a pair of scales in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine.”
7 When He opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature saying, “Come and see.” 8 So I looked, and behold, a pale horse. And the name of him who sat on it was Death, and Hades followed with him. And power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth.

This secular world view has been cultivated in the universities and this end in Revelaiton is coming upon the entire world. There is a thing called the derivative bubble that is between 600 trillion and 1.2 quadrillion dollars. This vehicle of debt has all nations and people of the world essentially exposed should the value of the derivatives decline. All the major financial institutions are leveraged very heavily into these markets. This is more than 40 times global GDP and more money is in these markets than any other investment by a huge factor. Romans one associates the suppression of truth with being given over to debased morality leading to falling under the wrath of God. We are following this chapter step by step.

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.
24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[fn] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[fn] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

Daniel speaks of these days and notes the sinister scheme will destroy many in their prosperity
“And in the latter time of their kingdom,
When the transgressors have reached their fullness,
A king shall arise,
Having fierce features,
Who understands sinister schemes.
24 His power shall be mighty, but not by his own power;
He shall destroy fearfully,
And shall prosper and thrive;
He shall destroy the mighty, and also the holy people.
25 “Through his cunning
He shall cause deceit to prosper under his rule;[fn]
And he shall exalt himself in his heart.
He shall destroy many in their prosperity.
He shall even rise against the Prince of princes;
But he shall be broken without human means.[fn]
26 “And the vision of the evenings and mornings
Which was told is true;
Therefore seal up the vision,
For it refers to many days in the future.

Upvote 0