The debacle that is the obama presidency...

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
A presidency in free fall

Monday, September 27th, 2010

In less than two years, this presidency has produced an unprecedented turnover rate of top administration advisors, a failed stimulus spending bill, failed economic policies that have left the economy stalled, much higher than expected unemployment, a hugely unpopular health care bill, a financial regulatory deform bill, a list of expensive poorly executed populist programs that flopped, out-of-control federal spending, uncertainty about success with the war in Afghanistan, and increased tensions with Iran, North Korea and China.
Millions of voters have come to realize that this presidency lacks leadership, direction, decisiveness, economic urgency and, most of all, solutions. This combination of deficiencies has produced a more than uninspired citizenry, except for the most loyal and misled supporters of the president.
And just like the Obama supporter who confronted the president at a supposedly friendly town hall meeting last week, people are exhausted from listening to all of the failed attempts to spin failures into successes with speeches and media sound-bites.
A disheartened Obama supporter called my radio show last week and asked if I could name one thing that Obama had done right, since it seemed to him that all I talk about are the things that have not worked. I honestly tried to think of something significantly positive, but I could not. There have been too many disappointments and broken campaign promises.
This presidency is in free fall, which means this nation is in free fall.
< for further information please follow source link above >
< staff edit > < staff edit > < staff edit >

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mcswan
Upvote 0

Supreme

British
Jul 30, 2009
London
✟22,685.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Barack Obama refuses populism and favours a rather long term approach to tackling problems, contrary to what politicians are doing. God Bless America for having such a President! I hope that the country will one day recognize him for making tough and wise political choices that has nothing to do with high approval ratings. Obviously, it is easier for some Americans to lend a complacent ear to the demagogues of the Tea Party movement than to listen to what a President with a rational vision for his country and the world is saying.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Barack Obama refuses populism and favours a rather long term approach to tackling problems, contrary to what politicians are doing. God Bless America for having such a President! I hope that the country will one day recognize him for making tough and wise political choices that has nothing to do with high approval ratings. Obviously, it is easier for some Americans to lend a complacent ear to the demagogues of the Tea Party movement than to listen to what a President with a rational vision for his country and the world is saying.

HA!! Lord obama could be a great leader, just not for the United States of America. He has no character and no principles. I'm glad he's been exposed for the fraud that he is, and that the only thing he does well is read from a teleprompter.

Upvote 0

mcswan

Oct 18, 2007
Connecticut
✟9,187.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God Bless America for having such a President!

it is easier for some Americans to lend a complacent ear to the demagogues of the Tea Party movement than to listen to what a President with a rational vision for his country and the world is saying.

God Bless America for the Tea Party!!:p

The Tea Party is now more powerful than President Obama – Telegraph Blogs

"The reason for the Tea Party’s stunning success and President Obama’s equally remarkable decline is relatively simple. A truly popular grassroots movement has captured the fears and concerns of tens of millions of Americans over the relentless rise of Big Government and the growing threat to economic and individual freedom under the Obama administration, while channeling their hopes and aspirations for the future based upon a return to the founding ideals of the Constitution."

"In contrast, an out of touch presidency that exudes arrogance and elitism at every turn continues to contemptuously spend other people’s money with abandon, building up a crippling debt that will ultimately destroy America’s long-term prosperity if left unchecked. It is a stark choice that the two sides offer, and it’s not surprising that a clear majority of Americans are opting for political revolution rather than the status quo."

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
HA!! Lord obama could be a great leader, just not for the United States of America. He has no character and no principles. I'm glad he's been exposed for the fraud that he is, and that the only thing he does well is read from a teleprompter.

Well at least he can read it correctly (unlike W.)

Maybe you should try cleaning up Bush's mess and see how well you do in less than 2 years. (remember, W is the guy who blew thru the budget surplus Clinton left him in less than one term)

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Well at least he can read it correctly (unlike W.)

Maybe you should try cleaning up Bush's mess and see how well you do in less than 2 years. (remember, W is the guy who blew thru the budget surplus Clinton left him in less than one term)

Sorry, but this predictable excuse is not an excuse. His own party have distanced themselves from the debacle that is obama/pelosi/reid.

President Reagan came into office and just about 8 or 9 months into his administration, and his policies had a positive effect on the economy and turned the tide from Carter's mess.

There is not one good thing that obama has done since he came in with empty promises.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm just tired of hearing how horrible Obama is and how everything that is wrong with our country is his fault. Most of the problems were left over from the previous administration, but no one wants to remember that because Obama is an easy target. What a bunch of blooming political idiots!

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good idea, keep on flogging the "bushdidit" excuse, see if that plays in November.

There are posters here who still blame Clinton/Carter for every ill ever to fall on America.

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I'm just tired of hearing how horrible Obama is and how everything that is wrong with our country is his fault. Most of the problems were left over from the previous administration, but no one wants to remember that because Obama is an easy target. What a bunch of blooming political idiots!

the preznit is an easy target because you didn't elect a leader or even someone with leadership skills. you elected someone who keeps making excuses for his feckless administration. at some point, little barry is going to have to step up, stop saying "its not my fault" and own his own presidency.

Upvote 0

TheNewWorldMan

phased plasma rifle in 40-watt range
Jan 2, 2007
✟28,775.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

What did you expect?

You think the corporations actually want someone in charge who might grow a pair, realize he is the most powerful man in the world, and actually do his job of serving the American people rather than corporate America?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kermit

Legend
Nov 13, 2003
Visit site
✟27,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
President Reagan came into office and just about 8 or 9 months into his administration, and his policies had a positive effect on the economy and turned the tide from Carter's mess.
I love the disconnect between the Reagan legacy and history reality. Reagan inherited an economy recovering from a recession. He turned the recover into another recession by 1892. Overall he left a goverment that was hugely bloated (most of the Reagan job growth was in the public sector) and spending that was completely out of control (more than doubling the national debt). For all the conservative hype the 80's saw anemic economic growth. If Reagan were running for office today he'd would have gotten the same treatment, if not worse, that Mike Castle did.

Upvote 0

mcswan

Oct 18, 2007
Connecticut
✟9,187.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What did you expect?

You think the corporations actually want someone in charge who might grow a pair, realize he is the most powerful man in the world, and actually do his job of serving the American people rather than corporate America?

Hussein Obama seems to have his own idea about businesses and economic stimulation. Not very effective, I'm thinking.

232323232%7Ffp63272%3Enu%3D6877%3E%3B%3C%3B%3E258%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C6667599349nu0mrj

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟372,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

The blue line is the precentage change in GDP growth for each quarter in the early 80s. The red line is the average GDP growth from 1947-2009. When RR took office in early 1981, GDP growth was + 8%. For the next 6 quarters, GDP growth was largely in negative territory. The turnaround didn't come until early 1983. How much RR's tax cuts helped it is still debated. But there's little debate that there were also record high deficits for that time.

Early-80s_recession.jpg

BTW: I'm no huge fan of Pres. O. But what was the alternative? The wrinkly old white dude and the Tina Fey lookalike? Whatever misteps Pres. O. may have made, the best man still got the job.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GQ Chris

Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
nothing like Big Scary Corporations to ruin the day. the US would be a paradise if mom & pop still owned the dry goods store across the street from sheriff andy's office.

Hahaha no doubt. Those evil corporations. /sarc

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

He should take the majority of the blame because he is at the Helm as President. He's made things worse, starting with obamacare deform bill. He has not helped middle class Americans, or any Americans for that matter. Even people who voted for him regret it, did you watch that Town hall meeting? That lady asking obama if this is her new reality? obama deserves the majority of the blame if not all.

Upvote 0