• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

The "Dead in Christ" and what does it mean?

Discussion in 'Salvation (Soteriology)' started by Valetic, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Morghaine

Morghaine Studying Supporter

+217
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    This verse summed the topic up well for me: Philippians 1:21 (NRSV): For to me, living is Christ and dying is gain and Philippians 1:23 (NRSV) - I am hard pressed between the two: my desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better; but to remain in the flesh is more necessary for you.

It doesn't sound like Paul expected to be sleeping after his death.

2. Ron Gurley

Ron Gurley What U See is What U Get!

+1,007
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    1 Thessalonians 4:16
    For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

= Truly saved born again believers whose body / soul combo has died and whose immortal spirits await judgment.

Hebrews 9:27
    And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  3. Ron Gurley

Ron Gurley What U See is What U Get!

+1,007
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Republican
    What I choose to be BELIEVE:

" To be absent from the BODY/SOUL (death) is to be present (spiritually) with the TRI-UNE GOD (eternal life in heavenly realms)".SEE: 2 Corinthians 5: 1-15 (NIV)...Our Heavenly Dwelling
    ...a paraphrase of Paul, emphasizing differences in BODY / SPIRIT.