Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Keras,
that might be because our belief in justification from sins is very strong and healthy. God saves us from the coming wrath.

There aren't that many passages about the so called rapture, and there aren't Judean paarticulars about the wordwide judgement day of God. But there is a a worldwide judgement day of God. That is 99% of the question.

How can some geo-skirmishes accomplish the worldwide day of the judgement of God? They are not what matters.

The thing about America is now that Willie Robertson is the new theologian in chief because he helped make GOD'S NOT DEAD and another LEFT BEHIND is coming. Americans like SFX theology and so they are just honking to go see another movie full of smashing cars and planes "for God." There is so little basis for this, it is ridiculous.

And then there is the misunderstanding of left behind in Mt 25. Those people are happily left behind; the ones "taken" were taken to judgement, duh. We just don't read and don't read well when we do.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rev20, that the 10 Northern tribes have NOT fully rejoined as yet is proven by the fact that Ezekiel 37 is not fulfilled. Have the Jews received the holy Spirit? Ezekiel 37:14 Are they 'never again defiled with idols? Ezekiel 37:23. Is My servant David King over them? Ezekiel 37:24 plus plus...
Sure; James knew where the dispersed Israelites were, so did Josephus and now, if you care to search for the historical, archaeological, linguistic and heraldic facts, you can know the truth too. But if you believe the lies of those, for whatever agenda, deny the truth of God's plan to scatter the House of Israel among the nations, to be regathered in the last days, then you miss the great redemption story.
You mention Ezekiel 34:11-12. What is the cloudy and dark day? I see that as referring to this forthcoming Day of wrath and after that Day, the Lord will gather His people.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
IP said: How can some geo-skirmishes accomplish the worldwide day of the judgement of God? They are not what matters.
IP also said: We don't read well. [the prophesies]

Obviously you haven't properly read the many vivid prophesies of how God will carry out a worldwide judgement by fire. There are more than 70 that specify fire, plus another 30 that describe other effects of a CME sunstrike. Isaiah 30:26 and Malachi 4:1 cannot be interpreted any other way than by a CME. Isaiah 24 puts it all quite well. Has all that happened? Do you deny that it will?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
keras;66281847]
I think you have made a few good points. However......Pentecost is an unfulfilled harvest feast......the early summer harvest. Learn the parable of the fig tree

Let me clarify things. No where does it say any of the 12 tribes are Gentiles. You are attempting to grasp at straws that are not there.

I always thought that Pentecost was fulfilled in Acts 2:1-4 Perhaps you could clarify?
Re the 10 Northern tribes: as Ezekiel 11:15 says, the Jews have said their kinsmen are now separated from the Lord and the Land. To this day, the Jews [descended from the tribes of Judah and Benjamin] call everyone else 'goyim' -gentiles. See my reply to Rev20.

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Keras,
no there is no denying the end of this world in fire, 2 Pet 3. The issue was how much was to happen in Israel in order for that to happen, which would reflect a separate program going on in the Bible, one for mankind and one for Israel. There's not, and I think I can show there never has been, although it appeared to those in Judaism of Paul's day to be hidden. Only the way of access to God's worldwide group was hidden; not the fact of it being worldwide nor the fact of it being re-promised to Abraham.

Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,548.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Mo’ed of Shofars
Mo’ed – the occasion of celebration for a God appointed time. Lev. 23:1-43, Ezekiel 44:24b
Shofar – a ram’s horn trumpet, blown on any special occasion.
This Appointed Day is Yom Teruah, the Festival of Trumpets. Lev. 23:24, Num.29:1-6 It is also Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, the new moon on the first day of the month of Tishri.

The Great and terrible Day of the Lord; the Sixth Seal, will be a worldwide catastrophe by fire from the sky and is the single literal Day that the Lord will carry out His judgement of the nations. Hab. 3:12. As Jesus said: As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be when the Son of Man comes. Matthew 24:37-39 Then, the Day of the Lord’s punishment came unexpectedly and now the world is once again in a state of apostasy and denial of God’s existence.

It seems most likely that after all that must happen: the visible Return of Jesus in glory, will occur on a Mo’ed of Tabanacles, the last feast to be fulfilled. ‘Tabernacles’ means ‘God with us’. In 2014, the Day of Trumpets falls on September 24th*, but what will trigger the Lord’s action, is the commencement of an attack on Israel by Iran. Bible prophecy tells us that this will happen and we know Iran and her proxies are prepared and ready to ‘wipe Israel off the map’.
Isaiah 21:2b…Advance Elam; get ready Media, do not hesitate! [Elam and Media: modern Iran]
Isaiah 22:6 Elam took up the quiver, Aram and Kir prepare for war. [Aram and Kir: Arab peoples]
*NASA says the new moon will be on the 25th.

The Day of the Lord is the 70th year.
Isaiah 34:8
For the LORD has a day of vengeance, a year of recompense for the cause of Zion.

Jeremiah 29
10“For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfareb and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.
15“Because you have said, ‘The Lord has raised up prophets for us in Babylon,’ 16thus says the Lord concerning the king who sits on the throne of David, and concerning all the people who dwell in this city, your kinsmen who did not go out with you into exile: 17‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, behold, I am sending on them sword, famine, and pestilence, and I will make them like vile figs that are so rotten they cannot be eaten. 18I will pursue them with sword, famine, and pestilence, and will make them a horror to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse, a terror, a hissing, and a reproach among all the nations where I have driven them, 19because they did not pay attention to my words, declares the Lord, that I persistently sent to you by my servants the prophets, but you would not listen, declares the Lord.’ 20Hear the word of the Lord, all you exiles whom I sent away from Jerusalem to Babylon: 21‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, concerning Ahab the son of Kolaiah and Zedekiah the son of Maaseiah, who are prophesying a lie to you in my name: Behold, I will deliver them into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he shall strike them down before your eyes. 22Because of them this curse shall be used by all the exiles from Judah in Babylon: “The Lord make you like Zedekiah and Ahab, whom the king of Babylon roasted in the fire,” 23because they have done an outrageous thing in Israel, they have committed adultery with their neighbors’ wives, and they have spoken in my name lying words that I did not command them. I am the one who knows, and I am witness, declares the Lord.’”
From the creation of Israel, 11-29-47, to the end of the 70 years would be 11-29-2017. But, the days are shortened. The 70th year would be from Rosh Hashanah 2016 (eve 10-2-16) to Rosh Hashanah 2017 (eve 9-20-17). (Also, keep in mind that 69 solar years = 70 360 day years / 5.25 x 70 = 367.5 days)

If you study the pattern of the Daniel 9 70 weeks prophecy, it starts off with a call to restore Jerusalem to the messiah. This is where Judah and Israel start to come back together again to have 1 head (Ezekiel 37 dry bones/ 2 sticks prophecy.) The 70 weeks are divided up into
7 weeks/ 49 days
55 weeks (end of 7 weeks to the end of 62 weeks)/ 385 days
7 weeks/ 49 days
1 week / 7 days

The hidden meaning here is that from the end of Tisha B'av to Rosh Hashanah is 49 days. (Tisha Bav, the "temple" is destroyed, thus the call to restore Jerusalem).

The 385 days is the "Day of the Lord/ the Year of the Lord/ the month to remove the 3 worthless shepherds/ the hour of trial"
Rev 9:15
So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour, the day, the month, and the year, were released to kill a third of mankind.

A Jewish / lunar year is 354 days + 1 + 30 = 385 days.
Then add 49 days to get the 69th week which is where the "most holy [place] is anointed (Dan 9:24) to take us to ... the end of Hanukah.

This pattern doesn't hold every year due to when the intercalation leap month Adar II is added.

So again, Tisha Bav creates the need for the "call to restore Jerusalem", then the Rosh Hashanah to Rosh Hashanah Year of the Lord, plus 1 month, plus 1 day, plus 49 days takes us to the end of Hanukah when the "temple is rededicated" (the most holy place is anointed Dan 9:24)

As to how this relates to the 70th year, Tisha Bav eve Aug 13, 2016 to eve Aug 14, 2016 creates the need to "call to restore Jerusalem". Then 49 days later is Rosh Hashanah, eve Oct. 2nd, 2016. This is the start of the 70th year that is the "Day of the Lord".

At the end of this year of the Lord, Rosh Hashanah 2017, eve Sept. 20, 2017, starts the star sign of Revelation 12 when the holy remnant of the woman begins to be caught up to God for 1260 days.

The end of the 69th week starting from the end of Tisha Bav, eve August 14, 2016, is eve Dec. 10, 2017, the end of Hanukah. ("Time, times, and a half time is 1278 days, not 1260. Add the remainder of the 70 weeks that occur after the "day of the Lord" section (49 +7 days) to get 1335 days. (in other words, the tribulation started after Passover 2014, add 1335 days to get to Hanukah at the end of the 69th week, and Dec 17, 2017 at the 70th week.)

All of this is to say that the "Day/ year of trumpets" won't occur this year. We have definitely entered the tribulation phase though.

Upvote 0

Rev20

Partial Preterist
Jun 16, 2014
✟13,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev20, that the 10 Northern tribes have NOT fully rejoined as yet is proven by the fact that Ezekiel 37 is not fulfilled. Have the Jews received the holy Spirit? Ezekiel 37:14 Are they 'never again defiled with idols? Ezekiel 37:23. Is My servant David King over them? Ezekiel 37:24 plus plus...

David will never be a king over anything, again. That is one of the "zillion" places where "literalism" fails, and has failed. Ezekiel 34 & 37, Jer 30 and Hos 3 were all referring to the house of David, which was restored in Israel upon the return from captivity by Zerubbabel, as governor, and later by Christ, as king.

Remember David's sins? This was the only promise to David, and he recognized it. You should too:

"And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men: But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever." -- 2Sam 7:12-16

"The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne." -- Ps 132:11

Peter tried to explain. Some listened:

"Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his [David's] throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool." -- Acts 2:29-35

As written, Christ ascended to the Father, and he will remain there until all his enemies are defeated, which will not be completed until the final judgement after Satan is defeated. The last enemy to be defeated is death (see Revelation 20).

Sure; James knew where the dispersed Israelites were, so did Josephus and now, if you care to search for the historical, archaeological, linguistic and heraldic facts, you can know the truth too. But if you believe the lies of those, for whatever agenda, deny the truth of God's plan to scatter the House of Israel among the nations, to be regathered in the last days, then you miss the great redemption story.
You mention Ezekiel 34:11-12. What is the cloudy and dark day? I see that as referring to this forthcoming Day of wrath and after that Day, the Lord will gather His people.

The great redemption story was when Christ gathered the remainder of the lost sheep of the house of Israel, and used them as his servants to establish the Church. That chosen generation, the royal priesthood, the recipients of the great promise to Israel that Moses and Peter wrote of, are forever the foundations of the church--also known allegorically as the natural branches. That is the great redemption story, and Christ gave his life for it:

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;" -- Eph 5:25

And His Church, along with this world, will never end.

Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." -- Eph 3:21

As aforementioned, Christ will remain on his throne, at the right hand of the Father, until all his enemies are defeated. The natural branches of Israel that were broken off will not be restored:

"For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee." -- Rom 11:21

There were only two avenues to the Lord for Israel: to be called, and to call:

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call." -- Joel 2:32

The remnant were called to be the elect: the permanent founders of the church:

"But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal. Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace." -- Rom 11:4-5

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will," -- Eph 1:4-5

The rest--the branches that were broken off--were the ones Paul was trying desperately to reach:

"For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office: If by any means I may provoke to emulation [jealousy] them which are my flesh, and might save some of them." -- Rom 11:13-14

Once they were broken off, they became no different from anyone else. Their only hope is to get their heart right and call upon the name of the Lord:

"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" -- Rom 10:13-15

Maybe it is time dispensationalists drop the pretense and start preaching the Gospel to the Jews.

"For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him." -- Rom 10:12

I really, truly wish people would quit pretending they are different.

For the record, the only one in this conversation with an agenda, is you; and your agenda is a modern invention based on a faulty premise called "literalism", which is only literal when it conveniently fits the agenda.

:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
David will never be a king over anything, again. That is one of the "zillion" places where "literalism" fails, and has failed. Ezekiel 34 & 37, Jer 30 and Hos 3 were all referring to the house of David, which was restored in Israel upon the return from captivity by Zerubbabel, as governor, and later by Christ, as king.
Rev20, it's just comes down to flat disregarding Peter's sermon in Acts 2:22-36, as well as Paul's sermon in Acts 13:16-39.

It's not that they can't see it either...they DON'T want to see it...because it delivers a blow to their eschatology.

Upvote 0

Rev20

Partial Preterist
Jun 16, 2014
✟13,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rev20, it's just comes down to flat disregarding Peter's sermon in Acts 2:22-36, as well as Paul's sermon in Acts 13:16-39.

It's not that they can't see it either...they DON'T want to see it...because it delivers a blow to their eschatology.

What puzzles me is that the prophet David, himself, recognized that he would never be king again, but his seed:

"The Lord hath sworn in truth unto David; he will not turn from it; Of the fruit of thy body will I set upon thy throne." -- Ps 132:11

Maybe they know something David didn't know?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Rev20, your reply #32, cherrypicks what you think you can refute and ignores the rest.
I do agree that Jesus will be the King during the Millennium. He is from the House of David as you point out. However, we have verses like Daniel 7:18 But the saints of the Most High will receive the Kingdom and will possess it forever... David was a saint, he will be resurrected and will reign again.
Re differences: Your Romans 10:12 quote refers to Christians of any ethnicity. Quite correct, there are people from every nation and language who love the Lord. Rev 7:9 But don't forget the God chose a people for His own, to be 'a light to the nations'. Paul confirmed that God's promises to them still stand: Acts 26:6-7.
Re literalism: Many Bible scholars say that if a Bible quote can be interpreted literally, then it should be read that way. Realize that the end of this age is not yet, many things are still to happen.

Yes, sometimes I feel outnumbered in my task to present the truth of the Prophetic Word, but so did the prophets themselves. Not to much longer now and we will see just what God can and will do to fix His creation and establish a people who truly love Him and keep His commandments.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rev20, your reply #32, cherrypicks what you think you can refute and ignores the rest.
I do agree that Jesus will be the King during the Millennium. He is from the House of David as you point out. However, we have verses like Daniel 7:18 But the saints of the Most High will receive the Kingdom and will possess it forever... David was a saint, he will be resurrected and will reign again.
Re differences: Your Romans 10:12 quote refers to Christians of any ethnicity. Quite correct, there are people from every nation and language who love the Lord. Rev 7:9 But don't forget the God chose a people for His own, to be 'a light to the nations'. Paul confirmed that God's promises to them still stand: Acts 26:6-7.
Yet you won't acknowledge Isaiah...which Paul quotes in Romans 9:27, 28:
27 Isaiah cries out concerning Israel, “Though the number of the sons of Israel be like the sand of the sea, it is the remnant that will be saved;
28 for the Lord will execute His word on the earth, thoroughly and quickly.”

Only a Remnant of Israel Keras...so how is that Israel's number is like the sand of the sea? Think about that.
Re literalism: Many Bible scholars say that if a Bible quote can be interpreted literally, then it should be read that way. Realize that the end of this age is not yet, many things are still to happen.
That's because they don't acknowledge that the bible sets it's own literature. God is the author...not scholars.
Yes, sometimes I feel outnumbered in my task to present the truth of the Prophetic Word, but so did the prophets themselves. Not to much longer now and we will see just what God can and will do to fix His creation and establish a people who truly love Him and keep His commandments.
What truth do you think you're presenting Keras? The only truth I give you credit for, is that you believe Jesus will return. That is true.

What do you think Paul means in Galatians 4:21-31? Why is "present Jerusalem" called Hagar?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rev, Inter,et al, my tone from now on is that of comparison.

Do you find that David's throne was ever at the Father's right hand?

My understanding of Acts 2 on this is the Spirit's assertion that the Son, Whom Israel had rejected as David's rightful heir, has risen from the dead, and is proven by said resurrection from the dead to be David's rightful heir, Romans 1:3, 4.

It is not that He was now sitting on David's throne but that He was raised to sit on David's throne, for He is also the Son of God, as witnessed by the fact that He was now at the right hand of the Father, Acts 2, thus, the Spirit's "He shall send Jesus," Acts 3.

I realize that may not fit the paradigm of some, but, I might as well understand theirs as well.

My own is Mid-Acts Dispensational.

Which is basically about noting Distinctions where they are warranted; as well as Similarities, where they are.

That is the actual hermeneutic of Dispensationalism - which Classic or Traditional Dispensationalism, has continually failed to abstract to.

To this higher level of abstraction - of sorting for Distinctions as well for Similarities.

That is what resulted in the Protestant Reformation, for example. But its father's failed to see this.

Centuries later, Darby abstracted higher, but then he and his followers also stopped.

Mid-Acts went higher, thus its Distinction.

I adopted it because I never have agreed with the notion that where in time an understanding began, is some kind of irrefutable proof what it points to had not existed prior to said understanding.

Might as well assert gravity did not exist all those centuries before Newton or whomever stepped back a bit [higher level of abstraction] said, "wait a minute, here is a distinction," and put it to paper.

But, I'm ranting, lol

Upvote 0

Danoh

Oct 11, 2011
✟40,528.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're confusing Similarities with Distinctions - Gal. 4 is speaking of two adoptions; one earthly, one heavenly. It is in THAT that Jerusalem which is above is the mother of us all - SHE is the Bride adorned for her husband, Rev. 21:2. She also brought forth the manchild, etc.

In this, she is the mother of both the Israel of God, and of the Body. Study that out some - don't gainsay it because it doesn't fit your model.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You're confusing Similarities with Distinctions - Gal. 4 is speaking of two adoptions; one earthly, one heavenly. It is in THAT that Jerusalem which is above is the mother of us all - SHE is the Bride adorned for her husband, Rev. 21:2. She also brought forth the manchild, etc.
Quite the contray Danoh. Nothing's confused except the fact that you're imposing your view on the passage. Paul has told you the two women Hagar and Sarah are two covenants that are allegories. Those two covenants are the old and the new. The simple fact is that just as Paul says earthly Jerusalem is Hagar in bondage with her children. He then says the Jerusalem above is free. She is our mother. To try and make that anything else is to depart from scripture. For it is repeated in Hebrews 12:22-24.

This is EXACTLY what Jesus was saying to the woman at the well when He said in John 4:21, 22:
21 Jesus *said to her, “Woman, believe Me, an hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.
22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Salvation is from the Jews because Christ came into the world through Abraham, to whom God made the promise that ALL NATIONS of the earth would be blessed in him. That happens through Jesus! Jesus is our salvation!

Jesus goes on to say in John 4:23, 24:
23 But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.
24 God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

In this, she is the mother of both the Israel of God, and of the Body. Study that out some - don't gainsay it because it doesn't fit your model.
Nothing to gainsay Danoh! This is about truth...so how do you gainsay truth? The fact is you cannot back what you say up with scripture. The passage says the "Jerusalem above is free"...but what else does it say?

Galatians 4:28-32:
28 And you brethren, like Isaac, are children of promise.
29 But as at that time he who was born according to the flesh persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, so it is now also.
30 But what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, For the son of the bondwoman shall not be an heir with the son of the free woman.”
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, but of the free woman.

This then is the point it's not both...IT'S ONE Danoh! It tells you that plainly, and the Israel of God is ALL BELIEVERS Jew or Gentile...They are ALL children of the free woman.

Just as Paul says in Ephesians 4:4-6:
4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

In all that oneness the apostle speaks of...HOW is there two? There isn't!!!

So like I said...you don't gainsay the truth...you acknowledge it. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rev20

Partial Preterist
Jun 16, 2014
✟13,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Saints of the most High are Peter, John James, Paul, . . . , those guys. David, as a prophet, serves as part of the foundation of the holy temple, along with the other prophets, and the apostles:

"Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." -- Eph 2:19-22

But that is the extent of David's role, according to the new covenant. The disciples sit on thrones and judge the twelve tribes:

"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye [disciples] which have followed me, in the regeneration, when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." -- Matt 19:28

You are welcome to demonstrate David's role in the New Testament. But don't expect everyone to believe a literal interpretation of figurative Old Testament prophecy. Some will be hesitant to make the same mistake as the 1st-century Jews.

The Davidic covenant (2 Sam 7:12-13) was confirmed in Luke:

"And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end." -- Luke 1:31-33

And in Acts:

"Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of [David's] loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, Until I make thy foes thy footstool." -- Acts 2:29-35

Re differences: Your Romans 10:12 quote refers to Christians of any ethnicity. Quite correct, there are people from every nation and language who love the Lord. Rev 7:9 But don't forget the God chose a people for His own, to be 'a light to the nations'.

I recall the Lord promising that Christ would be a light to the Gentiles, nations or Goyim, depending on translation:

"Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles . . . I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles; To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house." -- Isa 42:1, 6-7

You may be confusing Christ, the elect, with His servants, the elect.

The Lord also made his Church (New Jerusalem) a light to the nations; and his elect (all Israel) serve as the foundations of that Church, and as priests to the high priest, Christ. Since his elect are all Israel, your allegory is correct, but probably not in the manner you intended:

"And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. . . . Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought . . . The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the Lord shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the Lord shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended." " -- Isa 60:3, 11, 14,, 19-20

Compare that to this from the Revelation on the holy city New Jerusalem on mount Sion:

"And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb . . . And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there . . . And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever." -- Rev 21:14, 23-25; 22:5

Paul confirmed that God's promises to them still stand: Acts 26:6-7.

No doubt the Lord's promises still stand; they simply are not the "promises" claimed by apostate Israel and their supporters. Paul said lots of things, but they are not a menu from which you can pick and choose: they must all be reconciled. In the matter of "promises," they must all be reconciled to these verses:

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect." -- Gal 3:16-17

Christ, the seed of the promise, inherited all the promises; and only those who obey him will share in his inheritance. Whatever you read about the promises to Israel, they can only be received through Christ:

"And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise." -- Gal 3:29

Re literalism: Many Bible scholars say that if a Bible quote can be interpreted literally, then it should be read that way.

That is the way I interpret the Bible.

Realize that the end of this age is not yet, many things are still to happen.

The disciples asked Christ when the end of the age would occur (Matt 24:3,) and Christ explained that the age would end in their generation, upon the destruction of Jerusalem.

There is no Church Age, but rather Church Ages, since it extends to all ages:

"Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." -- Eph 3:21

Therefore, the only "end of age" I am looking forward to is the end of the "Age of Satan."

The prophets were killed by the carnally-minded who believed Israel would rule the world from an earthly kingdom. Ironically, Israel is ruling the world, but from the heavenly kingdom.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,820.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well, Interplanner, Ebed-melech and Rev20 have managed quite well to subsume the OP.
They use preterism and convoluted arguments to shift the focus away from the warnings we are given in the Bible prophesies. At least Rev20 believes in a literal interpretation if one is possible.
Here is some more prophesies about the forthcoming Day of Trumpets and Alarms:
Listen: It is the thunder of vast forces. Isaiah 17:12

Isaiah 18:3 All the inhabitants of the world will see the signs and hear the sounds of the Lord’s rebuke. Isaiah 17:12-14
Jeremiah 4:23-29 At the sound of approaching disaster every town is in flight. People crawl into thickets and scramble up among the cliffs to hide. The earth is in chaos, the sky blackened, the hills are shaking and reeling and everybody disappears, even the birds and animals have gone. The whole Land is desolate, for the purpose of the Lord has been made known and He will not relent or change it.
Isaiah 29:5b-6 Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come from the Lord with a thunder of great noise, earthquakes and storm tempests of devouring fire.
Jeremiah 25:30-31 The Lord roars from on high, He thunders from His dwelling place, He roars loudly against His Land, against all the inhabitants of the Land. The great noise reaches to the ends of the earth, as the Lord brings His judgement against all the nations and the godless peoples will die. Isa. 33:10-12
Isaiah 66:6 That roar from the city, the uproar in the holy Land, it is the sound of the Lord dealing retribution to His enemies.
Jeremiah 50:22 & 25 & 46 The sound of great destruction thunders in the Land. The Lord has opened His armoury and brought out the weapon of His wrath, it is His work to do against the Babylonish nations. The earth quakes and the noise is heard throughout the world. [Ancient Babylon was destroyed by Cyrus, he was the Lord’s instrument then, but this prophecy refers to those nations that have adopted beliefs and practices as a type of Babylon.]
Jeremiah 51:55 The advancing wave booms and roars like mighty waters, for the Lord is despoiling Babylon. [the ungodly nations] Joel 2:1-11
2 Peter 3:10 The Day of the Lord will come unexpectedly. On that Day, the sky will disappear with a great rushing sound and flames will envelope the earth, all in it will be brought to judgement.
Ref: REB. Some verses abridged and paraphrased.

‘The great noise reaches to the ends of the earth’, All peoples will hear it and be terrified. It will strike the Middle East at mid day. Zephaniah 2:4
‘the uproar from the holy Land is the sound of the Lord dealing retribution to His enemies’, destroying those who attack Israel and punishing His enemies worldwide. Psalm 94:1-7, Isaiah 66:15-16, Ezekiel 7:2-14, Micah 4:11-12, Hebrews 10:27
‘People crawl into thickets and caves to hide’, This is paralleled by the sixth seal, Revelation 6:15 and Isaiah 2:21
‘the sky will disappear with a great sound’, Also paralleled by the sixth seal; Rev. 6:14 and Isaiah 34:4.
‘Sudden punishment from the Lord – thunder, earthquakes, storms of fire’, This can only be explained by a coronal mass ejection, ‘the weapon of His wrath’, a sunstrike that suddenly hits the earth and it will literally cause all those graphically prophesied effects. Isaiah 30:25-28, Malachi 4:1 & 3
Deuteronomy 32:34-35 & 22 The Lord has a punishment in His storehouse, awaiting the Day of vengeance, the Day My enemies make a mistake will be their doom. For fire is set ablaze by My anger, it envelopes the earth and penetrates deep underground.

Upvote 0

Rev20

Partial Preterist
Jun 16, 2014
✟13,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, Interplanner, Ebed-melech and Rev20 have managed quite well to subsume the OP.
They use preterism and convoluted arguments to shift the focus away from the warnings we are given in the Bible prophesies. At least Rev20 believes in a literal interpretation if one is possible.

Here is some more prophesies about the forthcoming Day of Trumpets and Alarms:
Listen: It is the thunder of vast forces. Isaiah 17:12

Isaiah 18:3 All the inhabitants of the world will see the signs and hear the sounds of the Lord’s rebuke. Isaiah 17:12-14

What did "all the world" mean to the Jews? All the world is defined in the New Testament as the Roman Empire:

"And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed." -- Luke 2:1

And the Gospel was preached in all the world while Paul was still alive:

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world." -- Rom 10:17-18

"For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:" -- Col 1:5-6

So scratch Isaiah 17:12-14 from the list of valid futuristic interpretations.

Jeremiah 4:23-29 At the sound of approaching disaster every town is in flight. People crawl into thickets and scramble up among the cliffs to hide. The earth is in chaos, the sky blackened, the hills are shaking and reeling and everybody disappears, even the birds and animals have gone. The whole Land is desolate, for the purpose of the Lord has been made known and He will not relent or change it.

I cannot find that passage in any English translation. Perhaps you mistyped the verse numbers. In any case, Jeremiah 4 is directed specifically to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, and the upcoming destruction by the Chaldeans:

"For thus saith the Lord to the men of Judah and Jerusalem, Break up your fallow ground, and sow not among thorns. Circumcise yourselves to the Lord, and take away the foreskins of your heart, ye men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings. . . The lion is come up from his thicket, and the destroyer of the Gentiles is on his way; he is gone forth from his place to make thy land desolate; and thy cities shall be laid waste, without an inhabitant. . . Behold, he shall come up as clouds, and his chariots shall be as a whirlwind: his horses are swifter than eagles. Woe unto us! for we are spoiled. O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee? . . . Destruction upon destruction is cried; for the whole land is spoiled: suddenly are my tents spoiled, and my curtains in a moment. " -- Jer 4: 3-4, 7, 13-14, 20

"For thus hath the Lord said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black; because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it. The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein. And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life." -- Jer 4:27-30

The narrative continues into the next chapter:

"Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it. And though they say, The Lord liveth; surely they swear falsely." -- Jer 5:1-2

"How shall I pardon thee for this? thy children have forsaken me, and sworn by them that are no gods: when I had fed them to the full, they then committed adultery, and assembled themselves by troops in the harlots' houses. They were as fed horses in the morning: every one neighed after his neighbour's wife." -- Jer 5:7-8

"For the house of Israel and the house of Judah have dealt very treacherously against me, saith the Lord. . . . Lo, I will bring a nation upon you from far, O house of Israel, saith the Lord: it is a mighty nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language thou knowest not, neither understandest what they say." -- Jer 5:11, 15

The last verse lets us know this is not a reference to the Romans, but the Chaldeans, who destroyed Jerusalem (the first time) and carried Judah into captivity.

Isaiah 29:5b-6 Suddenly, in an instant, punishment will come from the Lord with a thunder of great noise, earthquakes and storm tempests of devouring fire.

Isaiah 28 and 29 are referring to the judgement of Jerusalem in the generation of Christ. The narrative begins with the sins of Ephraim (Israel,) and continues with the sins of their leadership in Jerusalem. By the end of that generation the regathering had been completed, as prophesied. So when the destruction came in AD70, all the tribes of Israel were present.

"The crown of pride, the drunkards of Ephraim, shall be trodden under feet:" -- Isa 28:3

"Wherefore hear the word of the Lord, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem. Because ye have said, We have made a covenant with death, and with hell are we at agreement; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through, it shall not come unto us: for we have made lies our refuge (John 8:44), and under falsehood have we hid ourselves: Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone (1 Peter 2:6,) a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail (Rev 8:7, 16:21) shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place (Dan 9:26). And your covenant with death shall be disannulled, and your agreement with hell shall not stand; when the overflowing scourge shall pass through (Dan 9:26), then ye shall be trodden down by it (Luke 21:24, Rev 11:1-2, 14:20)." -- Isa 28:14-18

That precious corner stone is Jesus Christ. The narrative continues in chapter 29, and immediately we see that Ariel is Jerusalem:

"Woe to Ariel, to Ariel, the city where David dwelt! add ye year to year; let them kill sacrifices. Yet I will distress Ariel, and there shall be heaviness and sorrow: and it shall be unto me as Ariel. And I will camp against thee round about, and will lay siege against thee with a mount, and I will raise forts against thee." -- Isa 29:1-3

That last verse describes the Roman army siege of Jerusalem, which, incidentally lasted five (5) months:

"And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man. And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them." -- Rev 9:5-6

The conditions inside Jerusalem were horrific even before the siege, due to the internal sedition (civil war). Therefore, the verses you quoted (5-6) are more of the same prophecy of the destruction.

I believe where we differ is I believe that Christ said all the Old Testament would be fulfilled upon the destruction of Jerusalem. Isaiah said that Christ would declare the day of vengeance, and Christ said that would occur when Jerusalem was surrounded by armies:

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;" -- Isa 61:1-2

"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled." -- Luke 21:20-22

The Old Testament was all that was written at the time Christ made that statement. He made similar statements about the completion of the Old Testament:

"And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." -- Mark 1:15

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil." -- Matt 5:17

"The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it." -- Luke 16:16

"And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force. For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come." -- Matt 11:12-14

John was a fulfillment of this prophecy, which has been terribly misinterpreted:

"Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:" -- Mal 4:5

That dreadful day of the Lord was the destruction of the city of Jerusalem and outliers, and the way of life of those who had the children of Israel in bondage, as written:

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; " -- Isa 61:1

And there is no doubt that Jerusalem was the city of bondage:

"Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all." -- Gal 4:24-26

Good riddance, or as the Lord proclaims:

"Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her." -- Rev 18:20

"And it shall come to pass, that as the Lord rejoiced over you to do you good, and to multiply you; so the Lord will rejoice over you to destroy you, and to bring you to nought; and ye shall be plucked from off the land whither thou goest to possess it." -- Deu 28:63

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Daniel1136

Sep 1, 2014
✟7,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John was the guy for sure

.... and he did come before the great and terrible day of the Lord

Which is still pending

All that is written about this coming day simply did not happen in 70 AD

These things are in your Bible

Make certain that your ready .... it is coming .... only a scoffer would think otherwise

You could die before .... so be ready for that to .... if not, no recourse available

Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Keras,
what you mean by the OT is your usage of it. I'm referring to the NT's usage of it. That usage (2500x) is totally relevant. It may be summarized best by Acts 13:47. We become the light to the nations by being in Christ's light and proclaming it.

You are referring to 2P2P. You don't realize the mistakes it has in light of the Gospel.

Upvote 0