The Day Of The Lord-The Feast Of Trumpets

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In memory of the guidance and eternal presence of God in the desert as the pillar of cloud by day and the pillar of fire by night, this festival is also celebrated as a festival of lights. When Yeshua spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

The eighth day... the great Day For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Yeshua shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Eight, as you know, is the number of resurrection, life, and a new beginning. In addition, it represents the commencement of the completion of Yeshua’s plan of redemption, dealing with the sin of man, which commenced in the Garden of Eden. Then Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights in the day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, forming a great valley, with half of the mountain moving north and half moving south.
You will flee by my mountain valley, for it will extend to Azel. You will flee as you fled from the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah.
Then Lord my God will come and all the holy ones with him. On that day there will be no light, no cold or frost. It will be a unique day, which daytime or nighttime--a day known to Lord. When evening comes, there will be light. On that day living water will flow out from Jerusalem, half to the Eastern Sea and half to the western sea, in summer and in winter. Lord will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one Lord, and his name the only name.
The whole land, from Geba to Rimmon, south of Jerusalem, will become like the Arabah. But Jerusalem will be raised up and remain in its place, from the Benjamin Gate to the site of the First Gate, to the Corner Gate, and from the Tower of Hananel to the royal winepresses.
It will be inhabited; never again will it be destroyed. Jerusalem will be secure. This is the plague with which Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem:
Their flesh will rot while they are still standing on their feet, their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths.
On that day men will be stricken by Lord with great panic. And then at last, the sign of the coming of the Son of Man will appear in the heavens, and there will be deep mourning among all the nations of the earth.
And they will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send forth his angels with the sound of a mighty trumpet blast, and they will gather together his chosen ones from the farthest ends of the earth and heaven.
And so all Israel will be saved. Do you remember what the prophets said about this? “A Deliverer will come from Jerusalem, and he will turn Israel from all ungodliness. And then I will keep my covenant with them and take away their sins. But when the Jewish Feast of Tabernacles was near, Yeshua' brothers said to Him, "You ought to leave here and go to Judea, so that your disciples may see the miracles you do. No one who wants to become a public figure acts in secret. Since you are doing these things, show yourself to the world." For even His own brothers did not believe in Him. Therefore Yeshua told them,
"The right time for Me has not yet come; for you any time is right. The world cannot hate you, but it hates Me because I testify that what it does is evil. You go to the Feast. I am not yet going up to this Feast, because for Me the right time has not yet come."
Yeshua is indicating here that this feast will not have its fulfillment with His first coming, but that it will have its fulfillment. This leaves this feast fulfillment to happen with His second coming.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Interesting that the "name" of the last blast is called the "Tekiah Gedolah," and it is a single long blast that ends abruptly! In Jewish writings, this last blast is specifically called "the last trump"
Behold, I show you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, and then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your sting? O grave, where is your victory?
The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, which gives you the victory through our Lord Yeshua. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be you steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as you know that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.
Eighth day is resurrection day.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
In Hebraic thought, evening twilight is understood as a transitional period between day and night. It is currently understood that it is evening twilight as long as two stars of medium magnitude are visible, but it is night upon the appearance of a third star of medium magnitude. In ancient times, some understood that night begins in a moment in time which is impossible to determine called the twinkling of an eye.

This is interesting as Paul prophesied that the righteous would be resurrected “in the twinkling of an eye” Paul's use of the phrase "the twinkling of an eye" aligns perfectly with the ancient understanding. The exact moment night begins therefore remains a little mysterious in Hebraic thought. In contrast, the modern world subdivides evening twilight into three definitive subcategories. Evening civil twilight begins at sunset and ends when the center of the sun is 6° below the horizon. Nautical twilight is when the center of the sun is between 6° and 12° below the horizon.[bless and do not curse] Astronomical twilight is when the center of the sun is between 12° and 18° below the horizon. And so evening begins a new day.

Upvote 0