Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is your error; Paul does not say that when he dies he will be present with the Lord.
He says that is his desire, but we know it isn't the reality at all.
However, as I have said; the next conscious moment after death, is to stand before God in Judgment. Revelation 20:1-15

Your grammar is even worse than the Watchtower people! ands they are famous for mangliong simple grammar!

And yes Paul does say it! I challenge you to take that scripture to an English professor, and without comment ask them what that passage is saying!

We will try Grammart 101 1 more time:

Verse when a person is present in the body- they are absent from the Lord
Verse 8 Paul would rather (willing) be absent from the body and be present with the Lord!

Anything else is wrong grammar!

2 Corinthians 5:6-8
King James Version

6 Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:

7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.

And then Phil. 1:
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

24 Nevertheless to abide in the flesh is more needful for you.

Sorry for you but Paul said it in teh present and not the future!

So Paul said if I die (depart) I will be with Christ NOW!

Sad you cannot accept teh bible as written.

Trying to make a sound doctrine with OT and NT passages is a fools errend! Especially in light of the truth that the Jews did not recieve divine teaching on a conscious afterlife until after David and Solomon!

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sad you cannot accept teh bible as written.
Sad that you insist on a conscious afterlife and people living in heaven. [and misspelling 'the']
Jesus said six times that such a thing was impossible. Only after the Millennium, does God and therefore heaven come to be with mankind on earth. Revelation 21:1-7
Does Paul override Jesus?
Anyway nothing Paul said definitively proves that people are or, will live in heaven.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sad that you insist on a conscious afterlife and people living in heaven. [and misspelling 'the']
Jesus said six times that such a thing was impossible. Only after the Millennium, does God and therefore heaven come to be with mankind on earth. Revelation 21:1-7
Does Paul override Jesus?
Anyway nothing Paul said definitively proves that people are or, will live in heaven.

Well I await for you to list the six times Jesus taught soul sleep. If not by those words then by equally synonymous words.

Jesus told the account of Lazarus and the Rich man. People (except the Sadducee) of Jesus' day accepted and believed in this reality of the after life. Matter of fact Jewish tradition taught that Abraham sat at the gate of the place of torments to keep Jews from entering there!

So Jesus used a reality to show that the Word was pre-eminent.

Paul taught that as soon as one leaves the body, they are present with the Lord! Twice! He does not override Jesus, He speaks under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit for Jesus! You should know that!

And I agree with you that after the millenium heaven comes down to earth where all saints are! See heaven is where saints are now and return and rule with Jesus! Can't be dead and rule in the Millenial kingdom.

Well having saints in heaven for their wedding is natural and normal and what is described in Rev. 20!

Unless you believe it is some kind of code and needs to be reinterpreted from the plain way it is written.

And sorry for my "the". Compared to the problems of exegesis you display, my dyslexic spelling of the is small potatoes. spell check is my friend, but sometimes teh escapes me.

If it is too much for you to deal with, you can just place me on ignore.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well I await for you to list the six times Jesus taught soul sleep. If not by those words then by equally synonymous words.
Soul sleep is made plain from many Bible verses; how the dead know nothing and cannot do anything. Jewish tradition? Get real, your belief of being alive after death is sheer nonsense.
Jesus said six times that people die and don't live in heaven; John 3:13, John 7:34, John 8:21-23, John 17:15, John 11:23-26, Revelation 14:13 and in Revelation 5:10, plus many other scriptures, say how we remain on earth and eventually God and heaven comes to the earth. Rev 21:1-7
Paul taught that as soon as one leaves the body, they are present with the Lord! Twice!
Paul did NOT teach that. He desired it, but never said it happens immediately.
See heaven is where saints are now and return and rule with Jesus! Can't be dead and rule in the Millenial kingdom.
The only people that will be resurrected to rule with Jesus for the Millennium are the martyrs killed during the 3 1/2 years of the GT. Revelation 20:4-5 ALL the other dead martyrs and Saints from Adam, must await the GWT Judgment.
If it is too much for you to deal with, you can just place me on ignore.
I can easily refute any false teachings, I know the Bible very well and whenever I see someone making wild assertions and promoting fables, I will point out their errors.
The problem lies with them and if they refuse to accept correction, it is on them.
Remember; teachers will be more severely judged. James 3:1

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Soul sleep is made plain from many Bible verses; how the dead know nothing and cannot do anything. Jewish tradition? Get real, your belief of being alive after death is sheer nonsense.
Jesus said six times that people die and don't live in heaven; John 3:13, John 7:34, John 8:21-23, John 17:15, John 11:23-26, Revelation 14:13 and in Revelation 5:10, plus many other scriptures, say how we remain on earth and eventually God and heaven comes to the earth. Rev 21:1-7

And all these quotes are before and after the church age which was already explained and shown to you in Scripture.

Jesus went back to heaven when He ascended and He said this to the church:

John 14:1-3
King James Version

14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

So you are saying God teh Fathers house is here on earth and jesus is here preparing a place for the church on earth? YOu sure you are not a JW?? that is almost identical to their teaching!

Paul did NOT teach that. He desired it, but never said it happens immediately.

If that is what he meant he would have w ritten that!

The disrie was not that he could somehow alter soul sleep but rather his desire was to be absent from teh body, so He could be present with the Lord. Sorry but no matter how many times you repeat the false grammar, it won't make it true! Check with a grammar school English teacher and see your mistake.

The only people that will be resurrected to rule with Jesus for the Millennium are the martyrs killed during the 3 1/2 years of the GT. Revelation 20:4-5 ALL the other dead martyrs and Saints from Adam, must await the GWT Judgment.

1. Revelation 20:5
    But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
    In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
  2. Revelation 20:6
    Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
So you are saying only the martyrs of the last 3 1/3 years of the TRIB are blessed and the church and all OT saints the second death has power over! WOW that is a very dark belief! So the church is not blessed. The church, which Paul often declared is the espoused to Christ will be asleep for its wedding supper? What a bummer Doctrine you have there.

So when Peter said the church is a royal priesthood- we are not part of the priesthood that gets resurrected in the first resurrection? Which means the power of the second death is over us.

I can easily refute any false teachings, I know the Bible very well and whenever I see someone making wild assertions and promoting fables, I will point out their errors.
The problem lies with them and if they refuse to accept correction, it is on them.
Remember; teachers will be more severely judged. James 3:1

Actually I was talking about your complaining of my misspelling of "the" many times.

We know, because you have told us, how so much more perfect you are from so many others in understanding eschatology and personal eschatology. I am still awaiting why your reinterpretation of the simple words of Scripture is more authoritative than so many others who take the same passages we are debating and come up with different conclusions than you and spout they can sport false teachers like you say you can. What makes you more special?????????

I didn't see where you were given papal infallibility in your ex-cathedra statements. Can you show me?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What makes you more special?????????
I am just a humble servant of the Most High God. He gave me a task: to promote what His prophets wrote so long ago, because what they wrote then, is about to happen soon.
I know this, because in 2010, when I was in the Holy Land; I received a vision from the Lord and inspiration to do this.

If you read what I post, the OP of this thread, you will see how I use the prophesies to inform all who will listen of what the Lord has planned for our future.
That this most often doesn't conform to what other people believe will happen, is not my concern. If what the prophets actually said won't convince them, so be it.
It is up to everyone to decide what is truth and what is humanly dreamed up fables.

You show your wrong beliefs, when you jump to wrong conclusions like; "So the Church faces the second death"? Not correct.
Over all, everyone since Adam; whose names are Written in the Book of life, the second death has no power. They will receive immortality when they stand before God - on His GWT; AFTER the Millennium.

As for the forthcoming great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, that will strike the earth, resetting our civilization to a similar degree as in Noah's time; it will be the event that 'comes as a thief' and most will be shocked and terrified as it happens.
But we who believe the Bible, should not be surprised by the fiery trial, sent to test us. 1 Peter 4:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The disrie was not that he could somehow alter soul sleep but rather his desire was to be absent from teh body, so He could be present with the Lord.
Paul himself says that the dead 'sleep'. 1 Thessalonians 4:13

I'll say it again: when a person dies, consciousness is lost and time passes; days or long ages, without any knowledge of it or any world events.
The next conscious moment for every dead person, will be when they stand before God in Judgment. Revelation 20:11-15
Those whose names are found in the Book of Life will receive immortality, those not found will go into the Lake of fire.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am just a humble servant of the Most High God. He gave me a task: to promote what His prophets wrote so long ago, because what they wrote then, is about to happen soon.
I know this, because in 2010, when I was in the Holy Land; I received a vision from the Lord and inspiration to do this.

If you read what I post, the OP of this thread, you will see how I use the prophesies to inform all who will listen of what the Lord has planned for our future.
That this most often doesn't conform to what other people believe will happen, is not my concern. If what the prophets actually said won't convince them, so be it.
It is up to everyone to decide what is truth and what is humanly dreamed up fables.

You show your wrong beliefs, when you jump to wrong conclusions like; "So the Church faces the second death"? Not correct.
Over all, everyone since Adam; whose names are Written in the Book of life, the second death has no power. They will receive immortality when they stand before God - on His GWT; AFTER the Millennium.

As for the forthcoming great and terrible Day of the Lord's fiery wrath, that will strike the earth, resetting our civilization to a similar degree as in Noah's time; it will be the event that 'comes as a thief' and most will be shocked and terrified as it happens.
But we who believe the Bible, should not be surprised by the fiery trial, sent to test us. 1 Peter 4:12, 1 Thessalonians 5:1-6

Well you have already made it clear that anyone who dares disagree with you is believing in humanly dreamed up fables so you do think your self special.

What about all the others who had a vision and inspiration just like you and write things very disagree with you?

I didn't jump to conclusions, I just took what you said and then put it to Scripture! Anyone who is not part of the first resurrection, the second death has power over them.. That is Scripture without interpretation! But just as written. You are the one who said only the martyrs are resurrected in the first resurrection. The Bible says that only those in the first resurrection the second death has no power. You say the second death has no power for myriads in teh second resurrection. Whom should I believe? Karas with his visions, or the more sure word of prophecy?????

See I believe the Scriptures, just not your "spin on them".

Tell me have you submitted this vision and "inspiration" to leadership? To verify it was a true vision? REmember Eph 4:

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Even teh great Paul submitted his gospel to James the council in Jerusalem to insure he was not running in vain. Have you done the same?

Especially in light of your not recognizing the difference between OT saints and their destinations prior to Jesus death and resurrection and ascension and church saints and tribulation saints after the body of Christ is removed!

I have walked with teh Lord for over 45 years and have seen many who claim visions and inspirations and the subtle "if you don't believe me you are following false teachers" mantra come and go by the dozens. YOu are just one more in a long line spouting th esame special revelation that is very extra bibilical.

We have reached an end on theis subject. YOu may close our discussion here with a last comment or "vision" if you wish.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Obadiah 1:15-21 The Day of the Lord is at hand for all the nations, they will be treated as they have treated others and their wrong actions will recoil upon themselves. My people will drink the wine of God’s wrath, then all the nations in turn will drink of it and be devastated by it. But in Jerusalem there will be a holy remnant, the Lord’s people will be like a flame while the House of Esau will be burnt up with no survivors. My [Christian] people will possess all of the holy Land that was given to Abraham and those in Jerusalem who lead My people will control the lands of the Edomites, but the Kingdom belongs to the Lord.

Isaiah 28:21-22 The Lord will arise as He did at Mt Perazim and in the valley of Gibeon, and storm with rage to do what He must do, to perform His task – a strange and alien deed. But now, have done with all arrogance and pride or the Lord will increase His punishment, for destruction is decreed over the whole Land. Jeremiah 10:18

Isaiah 26:10-11 Lord: Your hand is lifted high and Your enemies can’t see Your good will toward Your people. [Let them see and be ashamed.] Let the fire reserved for Your enemies consume them. The wicked are destroyed, they have never learnt justice, they are corrupt and blinded to Your Majesty and power.

Micah 4:11-12 Now, many nations are massed against Israel, they say: Let Zion suffer outrage, we will gloat over their demise. They are unaware of the Lord’s plans, for His purpose is to gather them like sheaves to the threshing floor.

Nahum 1:5 The earth quakes before the Lord, the world and all who live in it are in tumult. Who can stand before His wrath? Who can resist the fury of His anger, poured out as fire?

The Lord will arise and storm with rage, as He did in ancient times’. Jeremiah 30:23-24

His task, strange and alien’. We know God as a God of love, but also of justice and it is just to punish those who do not obey Him and who attack His Land. Isaiah 34:5

destruction is decreed’. The entire Middle East will be burnt and devastated. Ezekiel 30:3-5, Isaiah 17:1, Amos 1:3-15

‘fire reserved for the Lord’s enemies will consume them, His anger poured out as fire’. A massive sunstrike CME will fulfill all these prophesied effects. Deut. 32:22, Isaiah 66:15-16, Malachi 4:1

‘My people will drink the wine of God’s wrath’. This will be the third ‘swing of the sword’ Ezekiel 21:14, the final judgement/punishment of the Jewish people. Jeremiah 2:9, Eze.24:14

‘now, many nations are massed against Israel’. This perfectly describes the situation today and they want to ‘gloat over her demise’. Psalm 83:1-18

‘The House of Esau, burnt up – no survivors’. Those attacking Israel will be totally wiped out. Isaiah 63:1-6, Zephaniah 2:4-5

‘those who lead My people’. Another proof that all this will happen before the Return of Jesus. Jeremiah 30:21, Hosea 1:11

How is the day of the Lord different from the battle of Armageddon?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
How is the day of the Lord different from the battle of Armageddon?
Armageddon is also a 'Day of the Lord', the Day of Almighty God. Revelation 16:14
At the Battle of Armageddon, which will take place at Jesus Return, He uses the Sword of His Word, Revelation 19:21, to destroy the attacking armies.
At the Sixth Seal, Revelation 6:12-17, the Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath, He uses an explosion of the suns surface, a Coronal Mass Ejection of an unprecedented magnitude, to literally fulfil all the 100 + prophesies about that terrible Day. Isaiah 30:25-30

There must be at least 10 years between both these events, for everything prophesied between Rev 7 to Rev 19:11, to take place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So 2026 is the AntiChrist in a new temple in Jerusalem.
If this is the case, does anyone else see anything else in the last 7 years that must come before this?
No, because that 3 1/2 year period will be peaceful as the peace treaty holds between the leader of the OWG and the new nation of Beulah.

It is not a good idea to put firm dates on the end times events.
However I do maintain that Jesus will Return 2000 years after He commenced His ministry; circa 30 AD.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Scripture is God's word, Science is God's works
Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,264.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, because that 3 1/2 year period will be peaceful as the peace treaty holds between the leader of the OWG and the new nation of Beulah.
Oh, Beulah.
What's that about?

It is not a good idea to put firm dates on the end times events.
Too right - as the Lord himself said! No one will know, it will be like the days of Noah, peace peace, and all that. I mean - just a TEMPLE being built in Jerusalem would be a dead give away that this was the end times. It would be all over CNN, and any political figure that went to give a speech in it would immediately be suspected of being the Anti-Christ.

What's that expression?
Dead give away?

But hey - I thought no one would know, and it would all be a SURPRISE as in the days of Noah.
Dead give away - or surprise?
Which is it?

However I do maintain that Jesus will Return 2000 years after He commenced His ministry; circa 30 AD.
Yeah, based on Jesus travel plans? I mean, really?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Oh, Beulah.
What's that about?
Isaiah 62:1-12
Beulah will be the name of the new Christian nation in all of the holy Land, that will be born in one day, Isaiah 66:7-14. The Day the Lord clears and cleanses the entire Middle east region; Deuteronomy 32:34-43, His Day of fiery wrath, the Sixth Seal event.
Yeah, based on Jesus travel plans? I mean, really?
The 7000 year Plan of God for mankind, is well proven. Jesus came at year 4000. We are now at year 5990 since Adam.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,264.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 62:1-12
Beulah will be the name of the new Christian nation in all of the holy Land, that will be born in one day,
Which day which day? :tutu::sorry: Where does it fit with the AntiChrist - before or after?

But reading it myself - and this is without any study - my first impression of this passage is that it is another bridal reference that we see clearly fulfilled in the new heavens and new earth and new 'Jerusalem' descending from heaven. After all, Beulah means 'married'.

No longer will they call you Deserted,
or name your land Desolate.
But you will be called Hephzibah,
and your land Beulah;
for the Lord will take delight in you,
and your land will be married.
5 As a young man marries a young woman,
so will your Builder marry you;
as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride,
so will your God rejoice over you.

The thing you need to keep in mind? In the OT - the Day of the Lord is the one event described in all manner of biblical symbols. The NT then breaks it into two events - the gospel events are the Day of the Lord - in that Jesus proclaimed the kingdom of heaven was near, healed the sick and raised the dead and then died for all, paying for our sins. As Ephesians and Hebrews make clear, we are now seated in heaven, secure in our citizenship there, and every time we fellowship and pray are gathering around The Mountain, the 'Heavenly Zion', heavenly temple, etc. Eschatological tension is what it is called - we are in the now but not yet.

This is the Amil eschatology taught to every Sydney Anglican minister that graduates from Moore College. Amil is a form of eschatology the Reformers believed, going all the way back to St Augustine.

So what does it mean for the Day of the Lord? In the OT it is like we are floating down a river and see one big tree. But as we get closer, we make out more details and see two trees - the Day of the Lord gospel events and then the final judgement day of the Lord.

ANY attempt to read Revelation as a chronological timetable of the Last Days (which we've been in for over 2000 years and counting) breaks not only Revelation, breaks John's promise to his generation that the book was for and about them and for them to 'keep' or hear and obey, but also breaks the general flow of NT theology about the kingdom of God. We have already experienced the Day of the Lord - in many weird and strange aspects. EG: The Nations were judged already - in part - in Jesus death on the cross. Anything in rebellion to God was killed there, if that person or group repents later on and trusts in Jesus death and resurrection. So the Nations have in a sense already been judged - and are being resurrected now as more and more people groups come into the kingdom. But in a profound sense there are still active nations against God's people like North Korea and China. They exist - they haven't been judged yet. So it's now - and not yet. Eschatological tension.

So Beulah? That's Judgement Day - when the Lord returns and brings in a New Heavens and New Earth, the dead are raised, the ungodly judged, the saved saved and renewed for eternity and ushered into our new home as a bride marrying their groom, and the 'heavenly Jerusalem' - our new home and reality - 'descends from heaven' in that somehow heaven and this material universe are married together. The poetic description of these theological events are not literal, but metaphorical theological descriptions of what is going to happen. The measurements of the New Jerusalem? Not literal - it was outlined to show that it basically covered the whole known ancient world.

Metaphor.
Poetry.
And then the beautiful theological significance of it all fitting into other New Testament descriptions so neatly.
That's what literal timeliners miss out on.

Isaiah 66:7-14. The Day the Lord clears and cleanses the entire Middle east region; Deuteronomy 32:34-43, His Day of fiery wrath, the Sixth Seal event.
Sorry - but there you go trying to cram poetic metaphors into your 'literal' Revelations futurist timetable. It just doesn't work - it's not literal. Does Jesus have 7 eyes and 7 horns?

The 7000 year Plan of God for mankind, is well proven. Jesus came at year 4000. We are now at year 5990 since Adam.
This is just sad. When it doesn't happen as you predict, will you still have your faith?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Which day which day? :tutu::sorry: Where does it fit with the AntiChrist - before or after?
Before.
We Christians will migrate to and live in all of the holy Land, being the people God always wanted there, but has never yet had.
Psalms 107 is a description of the great second exodus.
Sorry - but there you go trying to cram poetic metaphors into your 'literal' Revelations futurist timetable. It just doesn't work - it's not literal. Does Jesus have 7 eyes and 7 horns?
What we should have is commonsense.
Things which can happen literally, will; things described metaphorically can usually be explained from other scriptures and they do refer to actual things yet to come.
The 'beast' with the 10 horns and 7 heads, Revelation 13:1, is easily identified as a man who controls 10 kingdoms. Daniel 7:24, and the 7 heads are described in verses 2-3.

It seems to me that people just don't want to try to understand Revelation, as it is too scary to think it may happen in their time.
This is just sad. When it doesn't happen as you predict, will you still have your faith?
Yes, I will, as I did get sucked in to false timing in 2012.

What is really sad, is the blatant rejection of the given Bible time periods that make it clear we are facing the imminent fulfilment of the last days prophesies, coupled with the obvious signs all around us, of forthcoming dramatic change.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,264.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Before.
We Christians will migrate to and live in all of the holy Land, being the people God always wanted there, but has never yet had.
Psalms 107 is a description of the great second exodus.
How about this - every OT promise for God's people was fulfilled in Jesus on the cross in eschatological tension - and so every literal reading of land, temple, people, millennium, etc that isn't expressed spiritually in the church and looks forward to physical fulfilment in the New Heavens and New Earth actually detracts from what Jesus did on the cross.

It seems to me that people just don't want to try to understand Revelation, as it is too scary to think it may happen in their time.
It's too scary to think that John wrote it to his generation wanting them to obey it, then somehow God's Holy Spirit inspiring John just suddenly forgot he said that and made most of the book about 2000 years later.

Yes, I will, as I did get sucked in to false timing in 2012.
And there we have it.
How did that look to all the non-Christians around you?
Make this gospel attractive and plausible did it?

What is really sad, is the blatant rejection of the given Bible time periods that make it clear we are facing the imminent fulfilment of the last days prophesies, coupled with the obvious signs all around us, of forthcoming dramatic change.
What is really sad is ignoring that there will be peace, and that it will be like in the days of Noah and no one will expect it when he returns. And yet you somehow overlook that you've been caught up in one failed prediction already, that this makes a laughing stock of Christian credibility, and yet you're so obsessed with this apocalyptic outsider mentality that you're willing to give it another go. And this, based on the most ridiculous readings of the most obscure and irrelevant verses possible!

What's also really sad is that an Amil reading of Revelation has PLENTY to say about disease in a time of pandemic. Plenty. Stuff to say about death and earthquakes and wars and persecution and prejudice and trusting in state powers and material wealth rather than God - plenty to warn us about in the here and now. But you're ignoring all that in the quest to be like John Connor - knowing things about the future that no mere mortal should or can know. If the Father hadn't told the Son - what makes you think you know? And you want to reduce this beautiful sermon into an arbitrary and meaningless timetable for the last generation to unpack - IF they can - as it gets interpreted a thousand different ways by a thousand different futurists.

Good luck with that.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,263.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As you have no idea of God's plans, good luck for you on this Day:

Amos 5:18-20 Woe betide those who long for the Day of the Lord. What will that Day mean for you? It will be darkness, not light. It will be as when someone runs from a lion, only to be confronted by a bear, or as when he leans on a wall and is bitten by a snake. The Day of the Lord is indeed darkness, not light.
In no way is this about the Return of Jesus.
Darkness caused by the approaching mass of a CME, obscuring the sun. Then the moon will glow bright red, as the mass strikes it.

Zephaniah 1:14-18 The great Day of the Lord is near and coming fast, no runner is so swift as that Day. That Day is a Day of wrath, of anguish and torment, a Day of destruction and devastation, a Day of darkness and cloud, a Day of trumpet blasts and battle cries against fortifications. I shall bring dire distress on people, they will walk like the blind because of their sins against Me. Their blood will be poured out, their dead bodies like dung. Neither their silver or gold will avail to save them on the Day of the Lord’s wrath. By the fire of His jealousy, the whole land will be consumed, for He will make a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the land.
This is also the “third swing of the sword” Ezekiel 21:8-16, the final judgement of Judah and cannot be at the Return.

Malachi 4:1 The Day comes, burning like a furnace, all the arrogant and evildoers will be as stubble – that Day will burn them up, leaving them neither root nor branch.

Psalms 37:20 The enemies of the Lord will perish like fuel in a furnace, they will go up in smoke.

Isaiah 9:18-19 Wicked men have been set ablaze, like a fire fed with thorn bushes. They are wrapped in a pall of smoke, the land is scorched by the fury of the Lord and the people are fuel for the fire.

Isaiah 24:19-20 The earth is shattered, it is convulsed and reels wildly. The earth lurches like a drunkard and sways like a watchman’s shelter, because the sins of its inhabitants weigh heavily upon it, and it falls to rise no more.
falls, to rise no more’, from the chapter context, this is not complete or permanent, therefore the world recovers from it.

Revelation 6:12-17 I watched as the Lamb broke the Sixth Seal. There was a violent earthquake, the sun turned black and the moon red. The starry host [satellites?] fell to the earth, like figs blown off the tree and the sky rolled up like a scroll. All peoples were terrified and hid themselves, calling out: Who can hide us from the One who sits on the Throne and the wrath of the Lamb? For their great Day of vengeance and wrath has come and who can stand? Isaiah 34:4

Isaiah 2:12-22 The Lord has a Day of doom prepared, for all the proud and ungodly peoples. He alone, will be exalted on that Day. Everyone will throw away their idols and their money, they will crawl into hiding places when He comes to strike the world with terror.
Ref: REB. Some verses abridged

All these verses listed above match with the Sixth Seal, an event that takes place before all the other Revelation happenings, such as the trumpet and bowl judgements, the beasts, the fall of mystery Babylon and the rescue of the ‘Woman’. As it can be shown, the first five seal judgements have already been opened, therefore the next prophesied event that we can expect in our world will be the Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath – a great and terrible fire judgement, that will destroy His enemies.
This will make ‘a sudden and terrible end to all who live in the Land’, that is all the area from the Nile to the Euphrates, when enemies commence their attack on Israel.

all peoples will be terrified’, this will affect all the world and enable the formation of a One World government, also the gathering of the Christian Israelites into all of the holy Land.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It's too scary to think that John wrote it to his generation wanting them to obey it, then somehow God's Holy Spirit inspiring John just suddenly forgot he said that and made most of the book about 2000 years later.

What commands are we compelled to obey in Revelation? How about the Sabbath? 6 days thou shalt labor. In the 1st century there had only been 4 days accomplished. Humans still had 2 days of labor. Why did the 1st century understand this, but modern humans in their theology fail?

When is the church glorified as one and presented to God as complete? How can a Sabbath Lord's Day, be concurrent with sin and death still evident in creation? Why do you as amil deny a Sabbath day of rest from sin and Satan's adversarial protest? These are points about end times that is adressed in Revelation. The church was given the complete historical record in the Bible. Except points in Daniel and thunders in Revelation that would not be disclosed until the proper time.

Upvote 0

eclipsenow

Dec 17, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟142,264.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
All these verses listed above match with the Sixth Seal, an event that takes place before all the other Revelation happenings,
See? These are the logical contortions futurists get themselves into by just throwing out all the hermeneutics we know about how to read apocalyptic literature of the time. Revelation is not literal, and not a timeline. It's not a forward march but a waltz! It covers various themes again and again, from different angles.

"The great day of wrath... has come" is a refrain that is found in many later chapters.
This is a description of the same judgement day that you present in all your OT verses.
It's just absurd to claim this is one of many judgements - who would be left after all these events described in this 6th seal? This is the end. This is the judgement! This fits with the 'waltz' theory of Revelation that sees it repeating history through certain themes or lenses.

This is the pattern in Revelation. HUMAN HISTORY: THE 1000 YEARS (= gazillion years = basically the whole period between the Resurrection and Return / Judgment):-

Seven seals depicting TYRANNY (then back to the beginning to describe)...
Seven trumpets depicting CHAOS in nature (then back to the beginning to describe)...
Seven signs depicting PERSECUTION (then back to the beginning to describe)...
Seven plagues depicting DESTRUCTION.
These episodes are concurrent, not consecutive.
Tyranny, chaos, persecution, destruction.
That's the sermon.
They are the themes.
That's what we are meant to learn.
It's not a timetable, but a series of topics.
In a metaphorical sermon.
The reason you got 2012 prediction wrong?
Easy! It's wrong to predict!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.