United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
James 5:1-20

Wealth is fraught with dangers and pitfalls for the man who is seeking to be rich, and for the man who is already rich. The dangers are many, so much so, that Christ makes a shocking statement as to the difficulty of a rich man entering into the kingdom.

Matthew 19:23-26 23Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God." 25When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, "Who then can be saved?" 26Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

The Dangers Of Riches 1-6, Faith Endures Awaiting Christ's Return 7-12, Faith Prays For The Afflicted 13-18, Faith Confronts The Erring Brother 19-20

James 5 - KJV Bible - Bible Study Tools

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: timewerx

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,760.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil

It is entirely possible for someone with a lot of money to not love money. This will often manifest as generosity and humility.

It is entirely possible for someone without a lot of money to still love money. This will often manifest as stinginess in giving and being critical of those with money and those raising it.

Of course the opposite can be true in both cases as well.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟933,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I couldn’t pursue my calling without financial resources. I would be subject to the oppressive debt others are wrestling with due to educational expenses and that’s not an option. I couldn’t move overseas either. I’d have to rely on outside assistance instead.

For me, good stewardship doesn’t support financial encumbrances that create stress and burdens. That’s not a good way to live.

Upvote 0

Walter and Deborah

Feb 10, 2015
U.S.A.
Visit site
✟189,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil

It is entirely possible for someone with a lot of money to not love money. This will often manifest as generosity and humility.

It is entirely possible for someone without a lot of money to still love money. This will often manifest as stinginess in giving and being critical of those with money and those raising it.

Of course the opposite can be true in both cases as well.
Charge the rich not to be high minded.

Upvote 0