US
✟106,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If we are to go on with the Lord we will one day have to put politics aside. I know that will not go over well with some, but I do believe it to be true.

I find not one shred of politics in my Precious Lord. He was as apolitical as any that have ever come. He was continually baited to be a Messiah that would deliver His people from Rome. But He made it clear He didn't come to deliver us from Rome, but rather to deliver us from ourselves. He didn't come to set us free from the tyranny of man, but the tyranny of hell. He was not like men. He waked so other from them. He was in the world, but not of it. He taught us our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the spiritual forces of evil that rule this dark world. He taught us the world is not changed through the politics of men, but rather through the indwelling life of the Holy Spirit within. They wanted Him to come in power and speak into the the powers of Rome. He came rather as a suffering servant who spoke to the condition of our heart. They wanted Him to come with a sword. He instead came only with a cross.

It is interesting in light of all that then to note the politics and current events forum of this site dwarfs this forum on spiritual growth about 4 to 1 with almost a million more posts. That is a staggering statement as to where things stand and where they are ever headed. I don't mean to disparage my brothers and sisters who post there, there is always room in the Spirit to be led in whatever way He chooses, but there is an inference in those stats that suggests there is a good portion of the body of Christ who today believe the battle lies there and not in the hearts of men.

I am not talking here about a worldwide revival of some sorts. I don't find that realistic, or evidential as His Spirit reveals Himself and the state of things in the last days. He reveals rather that it will be dark just as it is today. His people will be scattered just as they are today. But that also there will be a people like Daniel who shut themselves up to be alone with God. Who are surrounded by the throne of Babylon yes, but yet who are in touch with the throne of God. Who are under the tyranny of darkness yes, but in communion daily with the kingdom of light. This is what will make a real difference in this day. Better than one day in His Courts than a thousand with the kings of men.

We are surrounded by Babylon yes!. The days are closing in yes! But this thing will not be won by the edge of a sword, by the stroke of a pen, or by the count at a ballot box. Lets not cheapen what this thing really is and what it's really going to cost. For lets face it, it is easier to pick up a picket than to pick up the cross and its easier to get out and vote, than to get out of ourselves by losing ourselves in the things that really are of God.

These will be the things that really matter. And all creation waits in earnest for the sons of God to be revealed (Romans 8:18-21) . And all the heavenly host peer into these things to wait and see what we will do! (Ephesians 3:10)