✟15,531.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dear brothers and sisters,

Who does have expericence or knowledge about the (the dangers of the) non-christian spiritual world? (like tarot, horoscopes, wicca etcetera).

I'm writing for an evangelism website and I would like to make some "landing pages" (theme pages) about these topics. So when people are looking for their horsocope, tarot reading and more like that, they will be offered a much better alternative (ie. Jesus Christ).

If you are a true Christian and have some knowledge or past experience about these topics and you have a litte time to help, please reply.

Allready I have some drafts made for these pages but I'd like someone to have a look at it and tell me if these pages would be appealing to read on.

Any help is welcome!

Blessings, Anton (from the Netherlands)

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to read horoscopes. The good things they say will happen very soon never happened and I got mad with God (which I don't think I did before reading all that nonsense). Come to think of it, there are "christian" ytube channels now that prophecy good things for each month and they never happen. Also in the case of palmistry some readings happen while others don't. There are people who make a fool out of themselves believing all these lies.

Reactions: Jay Rosa
Upvote 0

AntonNL

Jan 15, 2019
Haarlemmermeer
✟15,531.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Cessationist dogma is not prepared to contend with demonic practices.

Dear Sabertooth, I'm not sure if I do understand. I'm not looking for Cessationist "alternatives". I think all the kind of spiritual topics like tarot, horoscopes, Wicca etc. can not be united / mixed with christian lifestyle.

I'm just looking for people that are not practising any of these (any more), but who have studied these topics or have been converted by Jesus Christ from these practices and who can give me some advise how to address people who are in the dark.

Anton

Upvote 0

AntonNL

Jan 15, 2019
Haarlemmermeer
✟15,531.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I used to read horoscopes. The good things they say will happen very soon never happened and I got mad with God (which I don't think I did before reading all that nonsense). Come to think of it, there are "christian" ytube channels now that prophecy good things for each month and they never happen. Also in the case of palmistry some readings happen while others don't. There are people who make a fool out of themselves believing all these lies.

Dear longwait, just out of curiosity, what made you read the horoscopes and why did you expect they would happen?

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Who does have expericence or knowledge about the (the dangers of the) non-christian spiritual world? (like tarot, horoscopes, wicca etcetera).

I'm writing for an evangelism website and I would like to make some "landing pages" (theme pages) about these topics. So when people are looking for their horsocope, tarot reading and more like that, they will be offered a much better alternative (ie. Jesus Christ).

If you are a true Christian and have some knowledge or past experience about these topics and you have a litte time to help, please reply.

Allready I have some drafts made for these pages but I'd like someone to have a look at it and tell me if these pages would be appealing to read on.

Any help is welcome!

No direct experience, ... I believe that Christian Research Institute (CRI) has good information ... and, likely, also Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry (CARM) has some informative links (including first-hand accounts).

https://www.equip.org/category/occult/

https://www.equip.org/bible_answers/what-is-the-occult/

Questions About the Occult | CARM.org

What kinds of things can open you up to demonic oppression? | CARM.org

My involvement in the occult | CARM.org

From the Occult to deliverance in Jesus--Janet's Story | CARM.org

Out of the occult and into a relationship with Jesus--Connie Williams' Story | CARM.org

Out of the occult and into Christ--Vincent McCann's Story | CARM.org

I got my christian education about the occult from CRI in my youth. I also read the book ... "The Beautiful Side of Evil", which is another first-hand account ...

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anton, I. Would suggest you get ahold of Derek Prince Ministries or Presbyterian Reform Ministries international. Both organizations have dealt with many people who came out of the occult or got mixed up in it even as believers.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Any help is welcome!

Wouldn’t it be better to find an expert for this task rather than write about things you know little about? An Internet forum isn’t really a place to get an education. I think your intentions are good but if you want to help the people coming to your website it will take real knowledge, understanding, and experience with these topics.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟958,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear Sabertooth, I'm not sure if I do understand. I'm not looking for Cessationist "alternatives". I think all the kind of spiritual topics like tarot, horoscopes, Wicca etc. can not be united / mixed with christian lifestyle.
Continuationists acknowledge a spiritual gift called "discerning of spirits" that allows one to detect a spiritual presence as they pray against them. When cessationists try to do the same thing (without "discerning of spirits," which they don't acknowledge), they are operating "in the dark."

There is real potential for a "seven sons of Sceva" scenario.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AntonNL

Jan 15, 2019
Haarlemmermeer
✟15,531.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No direct experience, ... I believe that Christian Research Institute (CRI) has good information ... and, likely, also Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry (CARM) has some informative links (including first-hand accounts).

https://www.equip.org/category/occult/

[...]

I got my christian education about the occult from CRI in my youth. I also read the book ... "The Beautiful Side of Evil", which is another first-hand account ...

A_Thinker thnx for the useful links!

Upvote 0

AntonNL

Jan 15, 2019
Haarlemmermeer
✟15,531.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Continuationists acknowledge a spiritual gift called "discerning of spirits" that allows one to detect a spiritual presence as they pray against them. When cessationists try to do the same thing (without "discerning of spirits," which they don't acknowledge), they are operating "in the dark."

There is real potential for a "seven sons of Sceva" scenario.

Thanks for the concern. I hope I allready made my intentions clear; i’m not lokking for any help from someone who is still involved in any of these practices.

Meanwhile there have been shared some useful links and info and I learned that this is not an easy topic and it will need more reseach before making a good article about it.

My first intention was -and is- to make a page about horsocopes. Most people looking for their horoscope will not be involved in the dark spritual world. But while doing some reseach, I learned that many young people are attracted to wicca and so. Thus that made me think to write a topic for this audience also... but that will need prayer, reaserch and well thought approach

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,783.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'd avoid making generalizations. There are many people who follow their horoscope and are more informed about astrology than you'd think. My daughter taught herself how to do astrological charts in grammar school! She understood the subject much better than I did.

I have experience in every subject named and then some. :crosseo:

Astrology, tarot, palmistry and the rest operate through a spirit of divination. The conduit (person or item) is prophesying a specific outcome for the client. It doesn't matter if it doesn't occur. The trouble is their agreement and continued reliance on the source for information about their future. They're literally aligning themselves to the fate that Satan is crafting. It doesn't matter if it took place with a reader or on their own.

Be aware... most people believe horoscopes are harmless. That statement holds true for Christians too.

Wicca is a repackaged take on witchcraft that was marketed for a new generation. It branches off into several lines including: British Traditional Witchcraft, Eclectic, Feminist (and Dianic), Celtic, and other forms which includes Seax, Native American practices, Romany, Green Witchcraft, and more.

Oftentimes they posit white magick which they distinguish between black and grey practices. An harm ye none is the motto. It is their belief that their practices are harmless and don't infringe on other's free will. Some adhere to a specific pantheon and others have a hodgepodge of deities they recognize.

The traditionalists were influenced by ceremonial magick and Aleister Crowley's teachings. Some veer into Freemasonry and Kabbalah. They're usually the most widely read and they take their craft seriously. Many can cite their connection to its founder and initiation records are maintained to verify authenticity. They are less open than the other groups.

There are some who practice Christian Wicca. They use a combination of Christian and Jewish beliefs in their worship. Many adherents of Wicca were former Christians or came from Christian households.

From a syncretic standpoint, mixture is most commonplace in Santeria and other Afro Traditional religions. It can appear harmless because of the Christian imagery and angelic references. They're frequently sold in botanicas but you may see several in your grocery store.

Upvote 0