the dangers of crossdressing

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
seriously. It's not like you've bothered to *hide* that this all just comes from ignorant, insecure condescension, but if it wasn't obvious before, you've just painted it on a banner and flown it for the world.

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks for proving my point! If that is a woman, you would never know it! That is why I believe women should look like women and men should look like men; then we would not have androgynous creatures like that roaming the earth! :clap:

Maybe, before your god creates somebody, he can show you the plans first, to make sure that they look the way you think they're supposed to?

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I never said that I could tell a woman was a woman simply by looking at her; I said you should always be able to tell that a woman is a woman simply by looking at her! So many 'women' dress like men these days, that you can not tell what they are by looking at them; but they should dress only like a woman should, so that a person can tell that they are a woman, just by looking at them!

Yes, it is wonderful to call androgynous people 'creatures', because that is all they deserve to be called! :amen:

May you be reincarnated as a butch lesbian in India.

Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

No, I never said that I could tell a woman was a woman simply by looking at her; I said you should always be able to tell that a woman is a woman simply by looking at her! So many 'women' dress like men these days, that you can not tell what they are by looking at them; but they should dress only like a woman should, so that a person can tell that they are a woman, just by looking at them!

Yes, it is wonderful to call androgynous people 'creatures', because that is all they deserve to be called! :amen:
Wow, great job at proving yourself to be a bigot. Only a bigot would say that anyone "deserves" to be insulted.

And why should all women have to look exactly the same? Why shouldn't women be able to express their individuality? Just because that threatens you doesn't mean it's wrong.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
What is wonderful? :confused:
You insisted that pants are a man's attire. The previously-posted picture (see #87) of Jesus shows Him wearing something other than pants. What have you to say to that?

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow, great job at proving yourself to be a bigot. Only a bigot would say that anyone "deserves" to be insulted.

And why should all women have to look exactly the same? Why shouldn't women be able to express their individuality? Just because that threatens you doesn't mean it's wrong.

Forget responding to them, it's time to start hitting the ->
report.gif
icon.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well there are two main categories: Creature and Creator.
I know which one I am, as a female.
Which one are you, Marky?

Upvote 0

TheBlueBlurr

WUUU TAAANG
Dec 17, 2009
✟15,574.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Are you kidding me? I am merely expressing my own opinion! I have the right to do that, you know! I never insulted any of you; I was merely trying to get my point of view across! I have done nothing wrong!
You may not have insulted me personally but I feel insulted by all that bigoted remarks of yours. There's no need for it.

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you kidding me? I am merely expressing my own opinion! I have the right to do that, you know! I never insulted any of you; I was merely trying to get my point of view across! I have done nothing wrong!

You have as much right as anybody on this board to express your opinions. And times when I've expressed my seething condescension toward people, by insulting them, I've been reported and "warned." That is the right we have here---to express without insulting. Guess what, your opinion is inherently insulting. You were polishing that turd up just barely enough to steer clear of "insulting," but...then you slipped and scuffed the polish off.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well you have been getting a bit personal. But let's get back to the main thrust of the OP, which has to do not with our actual bodies, but the clothing with which we choose to adorn them.

This will be the 3rd time I'm asking you this: Among what you referred to previously (in post #36) as God's clear-cut commandments, is that of not wearing clothing of mixed fabric. Do you adhere to God's clear-cut commandments pertaining to that?

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
[/color][/color][/font][/color][/size]

No, I do not, Chaela. Regardless of what fabric you wear, a woman should still look like a woman and a man should still look like a man. The fabric is not the same as gender distinction!

But God had clear-cut commandments pertaining to fabric as well as gender distinction. On what grounds to you pick and choose which commandments to adhere to?

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
She does look like a man; her chest is flat, for crying out loud! It is not my fault the woman is too retarded to know what gender she is!
Bio 101 - Women's breasts are largely composed of adipose tissue. When a woman has extremely low body fat, such as olympic runners, they lose a lot of that fat tissue, resulting in a flat-chested appearance.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just addressed that; so, my answer to this question is the exact same answer as I just posted.
But if one is going to wax legalistic on one aspect of God's law, one must do so on all aspects of God's law.

As it says in James, if one would keep the whole law and yet offend in just one point, one is guilty of breaking all of it.

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I just addressed that; so, my answer to this question is the exact same answer as I just posted.

But the god of the bible did not only give commandments related to gender. there was a distinct reason for the mixed fabric, also, and that is clearly something that your god cares about. So why don't you?

Why do you pick the "identify yourself by your gender" rule to value so highly, but ignore the "identify yourself by your tribe and god," rule, when they part of the same set of commands?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,626.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But the god of the bible did not only give commandments related to gender. there was a distinct reason for the mixed fabric, also, and that is clearly something that your god cares about. So why don't you?

Why do you pick the "identify yourself by your gender" rule to value so highly, but ignore the "identify yourself by your tribe and god," rule, when they part of the same set of commands?

I'd guess because one doesn't effect them personally, the other one would effect them personally.

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Quick question: Even if we accept that God only wants people to dress appropriately for their own gender, who decided what clothing is gender-appropriate?

A non-bifurcated lower garment is feminine, unless the person looks like they'd beat you up, in which case it's a kilt and it's ok.

Bifurcated lower garments are for men, unless they're extremely tight--unless (this is an exception to the last 'unless') it is roughly the 1700's in Europe, in which case, hose are manly.

It is vitally important to make sure that your top is appropriate to your gender. You can tell if it is because the sleeves of men's dress shirt's button in a "kissing" way and are fastened with cufflinks, and the sleeves of women's shirts button by overlapping. This change in buttons is vitally important, because if a woman wears the cuff of her sleeve fastened wrong, it's a mortal sin and a crime against nature.

On to hats! A man may wear a small hat, with a visor-style bill, or a small brim, like a fedora. A woman must wear a wide-brimmed hat. A man may wear a wide-brimmed hat *only* if it is made of straw, and he is in the sun. Men may wear helmets, but women may not because they mess up their hair, and women should not be doing things that require helmets, anyway. Men may wear tight knitted hats (often called 'winter hats') but women may not, for the same reason as helmets (if it's cold, they should just stay inside so as not to upset their delicate senses).

Both sexes may wear vegitation in their hats if they choose to. If so, women may only wear vegitation with blossoms, and men may only wear stalks of grain, most commonly wheat. Remember, if a woman puts a stalk of wheat in her hat, it is a crime against nature, likewise a man with a blooming plant.

shoes-- not much to be said here. If it's a shoe that will offer support and keep your joints in alignment, men may wear it. If it will destroy your knees by the time you're 20, it's a woman's shoe. It's probably best that she not wear them at all. Besides, it's hard to walk in them when you're pregnant.

one-piece garments-- men may wear one-piece garments as long as they are bifurcated. Women may wear them as long as they are not. Anybody in the Middle East may wear a non-bifurcated one piece garment, however, as well as anybody born before the Middle Ages. Also, either gender may wear a non-fitted, non-bifurcated garment in bed, while they sleep.

Loincloths-- ummm.... well.....

Remember everybody--these rules are written in stone, and anybody who violates them is an abomination against God and nature. Sure, they might *look* arbitrary, but God has decreed each and every one of those rules! If your salvation depends on whether a piece of fabric covers your inner thigh, or drapes around you (with various implications depending on time period and culture, status as a Scottish warrior and time of day), it behooves you to learn when it's appropriate and when it isn't.

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
it has been brought to my attention that, according to the bible, crossdressing is an abomination. though i find that the only dangers of crossdressing come from those who oppose it. i myself have had great joy in donning a nice dress and stilettos, entertaining those at a party with my attempt to navigate carpet in women's dress shoes. somehow i doubt that, be there a god, he would oppose the smiles brought to my friends as a result of crossdressing

In general, there seems to be three different forms of cross dressing. The one that I have most experience with is cross dressing for fun. Maybe a 'opposite day' at college (opt in, of course). Maybe you are doing it for Halloween. What ever the case, you are doing it for fun.

The comes cross dressing because you feel more comfortable in the other sex's clothing. It seems that in general, in these cases, while the person may have the external genitalia of one sex, it is often more complicated than that (they may be biological male, but socially female), and as such, one could argue that since the Bible never defines what makes a male a male (is it the role in society, the genitalia, the genetics, or the brain structure, because all four can differ), then as long as they are to some extent female, there is no problem.

Finally there are those who cross dress because they find it sexually exciting. I can see why doing this, especially doing it in public, can be considered sinful. Kinda the same reason people tend to think having sex in public is sinful, even if it is with your wife.

Upvote 0

SearcherKris

Dec 26, 2007
Texas
✟9,378.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm doing research on this topic for personal reason.

I think arguing about what constitutes male or female clothing is a distraction from the issue because it varies by culture and history. I think if it is wrong in general, then what matters is what the occupying culture says is male or female clothing. I believe that the intent of the heart is what determines if how one dresses is sin or not. I don't know this for fact, but it is what I am guessing.

Since it does not seem that we are given much information about it, I tend to think that the thing that would make it wrong would be if it were representative of pagan worship, if it was used for deceitful purposes to hide ones gender identity, or if it were for deviant sexual reasons (which is a whole other topic and one that I am also searching for answers on).

I think we need to examine Scripture as a whole to draw our conclusions. It has been pointed out the Bible says breaking one part of the law means we are guilty of breaking it all. (Does that mean we should not try to follow it? Does that mean that we can condemn one for breaking a part of it that we ourselves are able/willing to keep?) What is the overall message of God regarding our morality?

As to our modern day clothing, T-shirts and jeans are common for men and women. We usually do not have much trouble telling one sex from another. I think we are trending toward a more unisex society as far as clothing is concerned, and honestly, I feel no conviction against that because it is not with the heart motive of sin, but seems to be more about function and comfort.

Last edited:
Upvote 0