Visit site
✟1,239,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I have a very strict definition of both femininity and masculinity; not just masculinity!
1. In Christ there is no male or female (Galatians 3:28). If the Lord is not caught up in the distinction, why should His followers be?

2. Men and women alike are created in the image of God, which means that God has both male and female attributes. Since God Himself is both male and female, how could He possibly hold it against any human being to reflect a similar balance between the two genders in a single individual?

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Dude, if you do not know why cross-dressing is wrong, then you are beyond hope! I should not have to explain that to you! I have already explained my position many times!

Do you also need for me to point out to you why murder is wrong, or why genocide is wrong? Give me a break!
How on earth can murder or genocide be placed into the same category as clothing?!

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dude, if you do not know why cross-dressing is wrong, then you are beyond hope! I should not have to explain that to you! I have already explained my position many times!

Do you also need for me to point out to you why murder is wrong, or why genocide is wrong? Give me a break!

wow, doesn't take much for you to give up on someone does it.
They don't agree with you, then they're beyond hope ? :sigh:

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God made two different genders, did He not? Okay then - common sense, reason and logic should tell you, then, that women should only dress like women and that men should only dress like men! Also, it is not 'harmless' to cross-dress; it hurts God, as He hates it! It also hurts all people who are true Christians, and it should hurt every one who has any sense of decency whatsoever! (Which rules out the vast majority of people currently living on this earth!)

Deuteronomy 22:5 - "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."

So I ask again what's a Hermaphrodite supposed to wear?

Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

God made two different genders, did He not? Okay then - common sense, reason and logic should tell you, then, that women should only dress like women and that men should only dress like men! Also, it is not 'harmless' to cross-dress; it hurts God, as He hates it! It also hurts all people who are true Christians, and it should hurt every one who has any sense of decency whatsoever! (Which rules out the vast majority of people currently living on this earth!)

Deuteronomy 22:5 - "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God."
Why does God hate the fact that I dress comfortably? Have you ever tried to wear a dress or a skirt? They're not exactly comfortable, especially if you wear them in New England during the winter (as I would be doing if I had to wear dresses and skirts year-round). In fact, during the coldest days of the year, it's quite unsafe to wear dresses and skirts in this part of the country, since that could cause frostbite. So are you saying that God cares more about what one is wearing than about one's safety?

Also, where exactly in the Bible does God say which types of clothing are mens' clothing, and which types of clothing are womens' clothing? Last time I checked, that was a social construct, not a Biblical one.

Upvote 0

Freysinn

You're on my noughty list!
Dec 18, 2009
Reykjavík, Iceland
✟7,732.00
Faith
Atheist
God made two different genders, did He not? Okay then - common sense, reason and logic should tell you, then, that women should only dress like women and that men should only dress like men!
Please explain how wome should dress then? Its all cultural, in some cultures women dress like men dress in other cultures, there is no "women dress" or "male dress".

Upvote 0

Mling

Knight of the Woeful Countenance (in training)
Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
God made two different genders, did He not? "

No.

edit: siiiiiigh. I can never just have a short, pithy answer. I've got to stop overthinking things.

Anyway. Yes, God made two genders. No, he did not *only* make two and no more. No, he did not make neat, easily divided, clearly distinguished genders.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,239,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
What a ridiculous arguement! LOL There is obviously still male and female! That verse is only mentioning how salvation is equally available to both genders; it is obviously not saying that there are no longer men and women!
No, that's what you're saying. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on that verse. :)

If something as vital as salvation sees no distinction between male and female, how could you conclude that something as trivial as fabric would matter?

Speaking of which, you have yet to respond to my question to you in post #46. Why is that?

LOL Are you not a woman? Am I not a man? There you go; men and women still exist; so, you can not use that verse to claim there are literally no differences between the two genders! They are two separate genders, so obviously there are differences!
Male and female bodies exist. The Kingdom of God has nothing to do with flesh. You're looking at this from a purely carnal (physical) standpoint.

"Duh"? I am struck by your eloquence! ;)

God is a man! He is not 'male and female'!
We are made in His image are we not? Male and female alike? What part of that are you not comprehending?

You need to ask forgiveness for such blasphemy! God is only a man; not both!
You need to ask forgiveness for such manipulative language. The term "blasphemy" is tossed about like it could mean anything one doesn't agree with. Either discuss these things rationally or don't discuss them at all.

Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

Why does God hate the fact that I dress comfortably? Have you ever tried to wear a dress or a skirt? They're not exactly comfortable, especially if you wear them in New England during the winter (as I would be doing if I had to wear dresses and skirts year-round). In fact, during the coldest days of the year, it's quite unsafe to wear dresses and skirts in this part of the country, since that could cause frostbite. So are you saying that God cares more about what one is wearing than about one's safety?

Also, where exactly in the Bible does God say which types of clothing are mens' clothing, and which types of clothing are womens' clothing? Last time I checked, that was a social construct, not a Biblical one.
Markus, I would appreciate an answer to this post.

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
LOL Dude, if you did not know there are two different genders on the earth, then you need serious help! LOL

I know that there are men and women.

I also know that there are people with XY chromosomes who were born with vaginas.

I also know that there are people with XX chromosomes who are born with testicles and penises.

I also know that there are people born with two completely different sets of DNA in their bodies, and that sometimes, those sets of DNA would, if separate, create people of two different sexes.

I also know that there are people who, despite having the genitals of one sex, have brains that have key features of the opposite sex, and that these people often have the identity that matches their brain, not their body.

I know that, in at least one case, such a person also had the chromosomes that matched their brain and identity, though their body did not match either (to clarify, that person has XX chromosomes, a female identity, and a completely male body.)

I know that there are some people who are born with only one chromosome--an X-- who end up female but...a passive sort of female. That is...not female because her genes have *made* her so, but female simply because that's the default. They don't develop primary or secondary sex characteristics, do not have functioning ovaries, and are infertile.

I know that there are people who have XXY chromosomes and, while male, tend toward a soft-skinned, effeminate body type.

I know that there are random characteristics associated with sex--such as finger length ratio and startle reflex-- which reverse in homosexual people. That is, though the traits are inborn, gay women will show the male trait, and gay men will show the female trait. Or else, gay men sometimes show a very hyper-masculine trait.

If you are claiming that god only creates the people who are obviously men or obviously women, and yet other types of people obviously exist....who makes them?

Did god delegate people-creating to an incompetent angel?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Uh, yeah, He did! How can you say there are not two clearly distinguished genders on the earth? Are men and women not 'clearly distinctive genders'? Obviously, the two genders are very different and very distinctive!

(P.S. I think I made a mistake before. I guess you are a woman, not a man; so you are not a 'dude' after all! LOL)

I love that you say the genders are clearly distinguished, and then point out that you got mine wrong.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟392,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I noticed. I guess some people are just determined to remain ignorant about anything that contradicts with their pre-formed opinions. Sad, isn't it?

After spending lots of time in the Creation / Evolution & Physical Sciences forums, I'm used to questions not getting answered.

Upvote 0
A

a_nony_mous

Up until not too many decades ago, all women ever wore were skirts and dresses; and they managed alright, despite the cold climates they lived in!
So what? That doesn't mean that I, as a woman, have to wear them, just like the fact that slavery used to be considered to be acceptible in this country doesn't mean that I have to support it.

Also, where in the Bible does it say which clothes are masculine and which are feminine? I asked you that question before and you oh-so-conveniently ignored it.

Upvote 0

Mling

Jun 19, 2006
Here and there.
✟9,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Only because I failed to check your gender symbol! LOL

Ahh, so what you're saying is that sometimes we make assumptions about a person's sex, but then a closer look reveals that we were mistaken?

Upvote 0