Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi I wanted to share this - maybe others have a memory of it too...

While watching the ending of the Aussie movie "Paper Planes" I remembered a trick that I hadn't thought about since primary school - in Sunday school I was taught how to make a paper plane that turns into a cross.... here is a version of it (though it also adds a "rocket ship"). I believe that Jesus died on a cross. I'm not sure if he literally came back to life - but some people such as Paul had visions of him though.

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe that Jesus died on a cross. I'm not sure if he literally came back to life - but some people such as Paul had visions of him though.

Jesus died a gruesome criminal death on a cross, the most unjust death that ever occurred in all of humanity, time and history. After Jesus was dead and buried, He defeated death by rising in all His omnipotence on the third day. Jesus rose from the grave, never to die again so that everyone anywhere in the world will know that He alone is able to conquer the greatest and the most powerful enemy – death.

The resurrection of Jesus is the very core of the Christian faith. It is very core of our only hope. Because of Jesus’ resurrection, we can say with the apostle Paul, “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” But thanks be to God who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – 1 Corinthians 15:55-57.

It is mind-boggling to me how everyone of the Lord’s disciples gladly suffered and died for Jesus. It is mind-boggling because, a little earlier, those same guys ran away in fear and left Jesus all alone. But the resurrection changed all that. His resurrection gave power to a cowardly group of men historians have said turned the world upside-down for the love of Christ.

The evidence of the bodily resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ was witnessed by at least 500 eyewitnesses (1 Corinthians 15:6). Believing the fact of the bodily resurrection and trusting the resurrected Christ can determine your eternal future. And since there are only two places where you can spend eternity, think very carefully and very thoughtfully. To believe in the Lord Jesus Christ doesn’t mean just believing that He existed or believing that he was a good man, No! The word ‘believe’ means to totally surrender to Him, and that He becomes the Lord of your life.

The Greatest Victory

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi I wanted to share this - maybe others have a memory of it too...

While watching the ending of the Aussie movie "Paper Planes" I remembered a trick that I hadn't thought about since primary school - in Sunday school I was taught how to make a paper plane that turns into a cross.... here is a version of it (though it also adds a "rocket ship"). I believe that Jesus died on a cross. I'm not sure if he literally came back to life - but some people such as Paul had visions of him though.
if Jesus didn't come back to life then ultimately death wins and Jesus has no power over death. the cross and his death would be for naught and be powerless.

Upvote 0