• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Creation Museum

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by AV1611VET, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Caliban

Caliban Well-Known Member

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    Cool, thanks! But I don't see how that relates to the claims in Genesis. I don't think there is a connection.

2. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,525
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    With AV it is not only possible, it is mandatory.

3. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Have you been to it?

4. Ophiolite

Ophiolite Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape

+8,525
    United Kingdom
    Agnostic
    Private
    I may have flown over Kentucky, probably several times, but I've never been there at ground level.

5. driewerf

driewerf a day at the Zoo

+1,274
    Atheist
    Married
    Are you otherwise not free to believe that?
    Now I am very curious for that evidence.
    Now, before you even start to hit the keyboard: you said scientific evidence supporting creation. I am not interested interested in "why evolution can't be true". I want scientific evidence supporting creation. Did the museum really deliver in that department?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  6. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+7,157
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    I have a lot of fond memories of the Museum when I visited. Staff were friendly as were the patrons, and the grounds were a great site for a picnic. However, if I was to pick a true stand out favourite, it would have been the conversation between a girl (~12) and her younger sister (~8) standing in front of a diorama of the ark rising on flood waters with a bunch of lions, tigers, bears and people desperately perched on the last bit of dry land

Younger Sister: What's going to happen to all the lions and tigers?
    Older Sister: They're all going to drown
    Younger Sister: But why? Why do all the animals have to drown
    Older Sister: Well, God can't save all of them

At that stage the younger girl burst into tears and ran away.

Christianity in a nutshell for me.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,939
    Atheist
    Wow - says it all...

8. AV1611VET

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    That's an odd reaction, even for a younger girl.

9. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+7,157
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    Not in my experience, most young children I have encountered hold quite alot of empathy/sympathy with cute cuddly animals, probably why we buy them such as pets. Having said that, I have no experience with what it must be like to find out from your older sister that your omnipotent God isn't omnipotent after all.

10. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+2,582
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Oh how we have distorted what went on at the flood. We have made it into God destroying a disneyland. Of course satan sure would want it to seem that way.

Big ole meanie God

11. AV1611VET

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    My older sister is a Christian.

12. AV1611VET

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Thanks to science, which likes to play the role of historian.

Science should stick to things like E being emcee squared, and SN1987A being 168,000 light years away, and how to build a better mousetrap; and leave our history to the Expert.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Did the 12 year old discuss genetic engineering with her ~8 year old sister??

That is one form of amalgamation - but there are many forms.

"Every species of animals which God had created was preserved in the ark. The confused species which God did not create, which were the result of amalgamation, were destroyed by the flood." {1SP 78.2}

In the Bible God said
    Gen 6
    11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence. 12 So God looked upon the earth, and indeed it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted their way on the earth.
    13 And God said to Noah, “The end of all flesh has come before Me, for the earth is filled with violence through them; and behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

That in a nutshell is why God had to destroy not only humans but also animals...

14. AV1611VET

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Maybe that's why she took off crying! :D

15. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,939
    Atheist
    Yep, makes sense - like a child at play, an all-powerful, omniscient god knowingly created a world so imperfect that it would become totally corrupted to the extent that it would have to be destroyed - not just humans, with their pesky free will, but most of nature too...

16. AV1611VET

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Either that, or He created it ...

Genesis 1:31a And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

17. pitabread

pitabread Well-Known Member

+13,252
    Canada
    Agnostic
    Private
    Translation: "Science reveals things about the universe that makes me uncomfortable and I don't like it."

18. BobRyan

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Are you saying it is God's fault for creating free will?

19. BobRyan

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    what is "emcee squared"? (Assume it is not the master of ceremonies stuffed into a box) :)

20. AV1611VET

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Science misinterprets and mislabels things.