• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

The Creation Museum

Discussion in 'Creation & Evolution' started by AV1611VET, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+17,454
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
  2. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,981
    Anglican
    Married
    Anybody who's visited it willing to talk to us about the museum?

That was the question, I believe.

3. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member Supporter

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Yes because infinite God would have "at least one other idea" for a source of light other than fusion reactions 93 million miles from Earth.

4. Caliban

Caliban Well-Known Member

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    The authors of Genesis were trying to describe this:
    ANE Cosmology.jpeg

One source from a Christian publication.

5. Caliban

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    No, you have no evidence for that.

6. BobRyan

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    I have no evidence that an infinite God would have at least "one other idea" for a source of light other than fusion reactions 93 million miles from Earth??

Are you familiar with the concept of "infinite God"??

Its like saying "you have no evidence that water is wet"

7. Caliban

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    Yes I am familiar with the CONCEPT of an infinite God. That is a human concept.

8. AV1611VET

AV1611VET BELIEVE IN MIRACLES Supporter

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    What's His name?

9. Caliban

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    Which god? There are thousands of proposed gods throughout human history? On a Christian forum I'll take a shot that you mean Yahweh.

10. AV1611VET

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Right.

And I'm Genghis Khan.

11. Caliban

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    You can't begin a discussion by assuming the very thing you are trying to prove.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • List
  12. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+6,334
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I was just pointing out that, according to science, there was light before the sun and stars existed.

13. Caliban

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    That is not what Genesis describes.

14. Strathos

Strathos No one important

+6,334
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Genesis 1 is poetry and full of metaphor.

15. Caliban

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    Not quite...it includes poetry, metaphor, and historical narrative. The problem is with the texts use of historical narrative and that narrative's contradiction with observed science.

16. BobRyan

+6,586
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    Yes because infinite God would have "at least one other idea" for a source of light other than fusion reactions 93 million miles from Earth.

I have no evidence that an infinite God would have at least "one other idea" for a source of light other than fusion reactions 93 million miles from Earth??

Are you familiar with the concept of "infinite God"??

Its like saying "you have no evidence that water is wet"

You are assuming the salient point of your own argument - that is circular logic.

You started with the "Genesis" context asking me if my context for it allowed for light before the Sun - not an atheist context.

you are switching to a context not in the discussion you started

--- should we start with "what is my view of Genesis"??

Or did you mean to ask the question "Given Caliban's view of Genesis does Caliban think that light can exist without Earth's Sun?"

17. Caliban

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    You have made an an ascertain--not provided evidence. I don't accept assertions without evidence.

I have not used circular logic. Please show me exactly where I did that. If you understand circular reasoning this should be easy.

Of course we have different views. I will certainly express mine and I expect you to do the same. The difference is that I will provide actual evidence for my views upon request.

18. AV1611VET

+42,004
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Including ylem?

19. Caliban

+1,129
    United States
    Skeptic
    Married
    I don't know what that is.

20. FrumiousBandersnatch

FrumiousBandersnatch Well-Known Member

+6,939
    Atheist
    It's a name for the earliest 'stuff' produced by the big bang; presumably, the quark-gluon plasma that eventually condensed into particles.