Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is the problem with social media, it engenders angry and abusive speech because there is little time for introspection and thought. It becomes my side is right irregardless, there needs to be a third way a better way. Instead of the conservative yelling about being right all the time and instead of the liberal being self-righteous because they want to be right there should be dialog and question to find out were the other person is coming from.

Facts are essential to getting the conversation on the right track. But as you suggest, the facts alone won't make communication effective.

In a argument, it's always useful to try to put yourself in the mindset of the other person, just to see where he's coming from. Few of us are very good at it, though. It's worth working on, for almost all of us.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Which helps explain why Newsom so handily beat a weak, Trump-like republican. But as

And yes, the fact that the republican candidate is kind of a kook, did help Newsom:
Larry Elder Spoke At A Conference With White Nationalist Kyle Chapman

Elder, a Republican talk radio host seeking to replace California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) in this week’s recall, has rubbed elbows with fringe right-wing figures.

Larry Elder Spoke At A Conference With White Nationalist Kyle Chapman | HuffPost
Read the end of your statement. Where you claim Larry elder is a kook and a white nationalist.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So, my A-list/B-list response is irrelevant to you?
Attenuated & deactivated [traditional] vaccines are made from both types of platforms.
B-list was introduced in 1979.
Before that, they were all A-list.

Fear? (That is a weird way to frame it.)
Do you know what contra-indication means?
And why should I consider such a risk, when there is a more effective & compatible option (like Valneva) in existence?

Did you read my link in post #222?
No my point is the Johnson and Johnson vaccine uses the same technology that other vaccines have used That are approved by the FDA. It’s not a new technology that needs to be studied longer like a mRNA vaccine.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In context that statement seems to mean in comparison to live attenuated virus vaccines.

Yes. In the AF, I operated an allergy/immunology clinic. While it wasn't in the AF regs, I had all my techs ask questions about immune status for people getting live-virus vaccines.

And my clinic physician backed me up whenever it was challenged. It's irresponsible to give attenuated-virus vaccines to people with compromised immune systems, unless their situation has been thoroughly considered and the vaccine ordered by a physician.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
So, my A-list/B-list response is irrelevant to you?
Attenuated & deactivated [traditional] vaccines are made from both types of platforms.
B-list was introduced in 1979.
Before that, they were all A-list.

Fear? (That is a weird way to frame it.)
Do you know what contra-indication means?
And why should I consider such a risk, when there is a more effective & compatible option (like Valneva) in existence?

Did you read my link in post #222?
Yes I use the word fear because people are afraid of some of the vaccines because they don’t think they were studied long enough and were rushed through for approval. The other reason people don’t want to get vaccinated because they think they have natural immunity And natural immunity is superior

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes, earlier:
And yes, the fact that the republican candidate is kind of a kook, did help Newsom:

Read the end of your statement. Where you claim Larry elder is a kook and a white nationalist.

I did mention that he's a kook. As you know, he is. But you lied about the rest of it. As you see, I did not call him a white nationalist. Neither did the news story, for what that's worth.

I did link a news story about him and a white nationalist. I also linked a story about him and his connections with a right-wing Chinese religious cult. But I didn't call him a Chinese cultist, either.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No my point is the Johnson and Johnson vaccine uses the same technology that other vaccines have used That are approved by the FDA.
But you dismissed the notion that traditional vaccines can have issues with their cell platforms.
I am not disagreeing that J&J is traditional.
You are dismissing a secondary issue within traditional vaccines.

I don't know if it is because you didn't read my links
or if you just flatly reject my premise (about immune dysregulation & B-list vaccines).

If it is the latter, I don't see any point in continuing this dialogue.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

I did mention that he's a kook. As you know, he is. But you lied about the rest of it. As you see, I did not call him a white nationalist. Neither did the news story, for what that's worth.

I did link a news story about him and a white nationalist. I also linked a story about him and his connections with a right-wing Chinese religious cult. But I didn't call him a Chinese cultist, either.
You posted a link to an article that claims Larry elder supports white nationalists and you claim that’s not your opinion? And I am the one lying?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I’m not so sure J and J is a traditional vaccine. It’s a viral vector vaccine. That has been around a while, but as far as I can tell from Wikipedia, the only viral vector vaccines that were actually used were for Ebola.

• Useful
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟952,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes I use the word fear because people are afraid of some of the vaccines because they don’t think they were studied long enough and were rushed through for approval.
That has not been reflected in my responses.
(You are monologuing.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You posted a link to an article that claims Larry elder supports white nationalists

Well, that's a bit of a backtrack for you, but that's not true, either. As you saw, the report merely notes that they spoke at the same right-wing meeting. Whether or not he supports the racist, the news story did not say.

And I am the one lying?

Yes, when you claimed that I said Elder was a white supremacist, you were lying.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Here is a quote from that for the article you posted which quotes Larry elder’s campaign which says exactly what I said that is that article was nothing but an attempt to slander him which is what you were doing:

We regret that media outlets like yours spend an endless amount of time trying to malign and slander Larry Elder,” the campaign’s communications director, Ying Ma, said in a statement.

“He is a black man from South Central who doesn’t subscribe to the mainstream media’s narrative of racial grievance or your misguided notions of systemic racism,” Ma said. “Instead of examining your own delusions, you look for every opportunity possible to paint him as a white nationalist sympathizer. It’s absurd.”

That was Larry elder’s response to the article that you posted. And he rightfully called the article slanderous and you are also for citing it.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So his campaign tried to spin it to be the fault of the people reporting the fact? Why would that surprise anyone? Notice that his capaign person was careful not to label the story as a lie, but rather chose to malign the supposed intent of the reporter.

That's what campaigns are supposed to do when the media reports facts that the candidate doesn't want to be known.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Well, that's a bit of a backtrack for you, but that's not true, either. As you saw, the report merely notes that they spoke at the same right-wing meeting. Whether or not he supports the racist, the news story did not say.

Yes, when you claimed that I said Elder was a white supremacist, you were lying.
You posted an article
So his campaign tried to spin it to be the fault of the people reporting the fact? Why would that surprise anyone? Notice that his capaign person was careful not to label the story as a lie, but rather chose to malign the supposed intent of the reporter.

That's what campaigns are supposed to do when the media reports facts that the candidate doesn't want to be known.
You quote and post an article that claims a black man from south-central is a white nationalist sympathizer and you claim his campaign is the one trying to twist the truth.

That article was a blantant attempt at slander just like he stated. Which is also the reason you posted the link to the article because you wanted to slander him as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Here’s a list of vaccines and vaccines under development. It show the mechanism for each. COVID-19 vaccine tracker
The doctor that I have been quoting her name is Kelly victory. She’s got a lot of information on YouTube and also she’s been interviewed in local news media outlets here in Los Angeles. She has a lot more details in-depth information on the differences of the vaccines I’m just quoting what she stated from memory.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
At this point I would clearly recommend Moderna except for teenage boys, where Pfizer might be preferable because it’s a lower dose.
Moderna is what I got. I had very minimal side effects a little bit of a headache and fatigue for the first shot absolutely no side effects for the second. The only negative for that vaccine is the recommended a booster shot in the future.

I have read the reason it was more effective wwent because it’s superior vaccine but they used higher dosages.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Moderna is what I got. I had very minimal side effects a little bit of a headache and fatigue for the first shot absolutely no side effects for the second. The only negative for that vaccine is the recommended a booster shot in the future.

I have read the reason it was more effective wwent because it’s superior vaccine but they used higher dosages.
That’s what I’m assuming, but I haven’t seen any actual data, so I wouldn’t be very sure of that explanation.

Upvote 0

Jeff11

Feb 17, 2019
Los Angeles
✟13,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
You might find her Twitter feed interesting she has some comments about the particular vaccines and also her personal recommendations for supplements
A05BEC4D-1808-4B4D-AC17-AEE38A155F13.png

Upvote 0