THE COVENANTS AND THE 10 COMMANDMENTS ARE YOU CONFUSED?

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
ROMANS 13:8, Owe no man anything, but to love one another: FOR HE THAT LOVES HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], For this, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOYU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: THEREFORE LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." (John 13:34)

Love as Christ loved us supercedes and fulfills all other commandments, including the big 10. Loving one another is a result of loving as Christ loved us. If you love as Christ loves us, you are in obedience to every commandment that has ever been given by God. It's a very simple thing to understand, but difficult to actually do, which is why we have the Holy Spirit. When we are acting in the Spirit, we do love as Christ loved us.

Has nothing whatsoever to do with what day of the week someone goes to church or whether or not someone is circumcised or the types of foods eaten, etc. This is legalism.

We are not under the laws of the old covenant. We are not to be current-day Judaizers any more than the Galatians were to be in Paul's time, and Paul made that quite clear. To use mix-and-match old/new testament verses to force everyone back under old covenant law is a distortion of scripture and was the very thing that Paul was adamantly against.

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another." (John 13:34)

Love as Christ loved us supercedes and fulfills all other commandments, including the big 10. Loving one another is a result of loving as Christ loved us. If you love as Christ loves us, you are in obedience to every commandment that has ever been given by God. It's a very simple thing to understand, but difficult to actually do, which is why we have the Holy Spirit. When we are acting in the Spirit, we do love as Christ loved us.

Has nothing whatsoever to do with what day of the week someone goes to church or whether or not someone is circumcised or the types of foods eaten, etc. This is legalism.

We are not under the laws of the old covenant. We are not to be current-day Judaizers any more than the Galatians were to be in Paul's time, and Paul made that quite clear. To use mix-and-match old/new testament verses to force everyone back under old covenant law is a distortion of scripture and was the very thing that Paul was adamantly against.

Not really. No one had ever loved another as Christ has loved us so in this respect it is a new commandment because Jesus is GOD and God is LOVE *1 JOHN 4:8. JOHN 13:34 is not saying we are not to love God anymore and it is not cancelling our duty of LOVE to GOD or our fellow man *DEUTERONOMY 6:5; LEVITICUS 19:18; MATTHEW 22:36-40; ROMANS 13:8-10 on which all the law and the prophets hang. It is increasing the application of LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

1 JOHN 4:7-8 [7], Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loves is born of God, and knows God.[8] He that loves not knows not God; for God is love. Jesus is saying LOVE like GOD loves because GOD is LOVE, be like God *MATTHEW 5:48

1 JOHN 5:2-4 [2], By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. [3], For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome.[4], For whoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.

ROMANS 13:8, Owe no man anything, but to love one another: FOR HE THAT LOVES HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], For this, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOYU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: THEREFORE LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

Do you love Jesus bekkilyn? Jesus says; IF you LOVE me keep my commandments.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Not really.

Yes, really. It is a new commandment under a new covenant, and it is different than any commandment ever given under the old covenant, so you can't just point to some old covenant law and decide that it really means something else. The old covenant is FINISHED, FULFILLED, COMPLETE. Heaven and earth (representing Jerusalem) have passed away, utterly destroyed in 70AD which sealed the deal.

So if you love Christ, follow *this* commandment because it is the commandment that matters and it is not necessary to attempt to distort it using old covenant legalism and trying to force people back under the yoke of a law that they were *never* under in the first place (unless they were an ancient Israelite or Jew).

Jesus told us plainly what he wanted us to do in that verse and there is no need whatsoever to read anything extra into it. Simple to understand, difficult if not impossible to do without the power of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Yes, really. It is a new commandment under a new covenant, and it is different than any commandment ever given under the old covenant, so you can't just point to some old covenant law and decide that it really means something else. The old covenant is FINISHED, FULFILLED, COMPLETE. Heaven and earth (representing Jerusalem) have passed away, utterly destroyed in 70AD which sealed the deal.

So if you love Christ, follow *this* commandment because it is the commandment that matters and it is not necessary to attempt to distort it using old covenant legalism and trying to force people back under the yoke of a law that they were *never* under in the first place (unless they were an ancient Israelite or Jew).

Jesus told us plainly what he wanted us to do in that verse and there is no need whatsoever to read anything extra into it. Simple to understand, difficult if not impossible to do without the power of the Holy Spirit.

Hi bekkilyn, you seem to have ignored the rest of the post and all the scriptures in them that disagree with you. Here let me post them again. Simply ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear.

Not really. No one had ever loved another as Christ has loved us so in this respect it is a new commandment because Jesus is GOD and God is LOVE *1 JOHN 4:8. JOHN 13:34 is not saying we are not to love God anymore and it is not cancelling our duty of LOVE to GOD or our fellow man *DEUTERONOMY 6:5; LEVITICUS 19:18; MATTHEW 22:36-40; ROMANS 13:8-10 on which all the law and the prophets hang. It is increasing the application of LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

1 JOHN 4:7-8 [7], Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loves is born of God, and knows God.[8] He that loves not knows not God; for God is love. Jesus is saying LOVE like GOD loves because GOD is LOVE, be like God *MATTHEW 5:48

1 JOHN 5:2-4 [2], By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. [3], For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome.[4], For whoever is born of God overcomes the world: and this is the victory that overcomes the world, even our faith.

Do you love Jesus bekkilyn? Jesus says; IF you LOVE me keep my commandments.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Hi bekkilyn, you seem to have ignored the rest of the post and all the scriptures in them that disagree with you. Here let me post them again. Simply ignoring God's WORD does not make it dissappear.

I saw your scripture and agree with it in the proper context, but the way you mix-and-match scripture is a distortion of its intent and message. Do you love Jesus? Obey *his* commandment.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I saw your scripture and agree with it in the proper context, but the way you mix-and-match scripture is a distortion of its intent and message. Do you love Jesus? Obey *his* commandment.

Now bekkilyn, how do you think the scriptures posted to you are a distortion of the message in your view? The scriptures are pretty plain and simple and right to the point in my view.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Now bekkilyn, how do you think the scriptures posted to you are a distortion of the message in your view? The scriptures are pretty plain and simple and right to the point in my view.

It's because you cannot seem to comprehend what the new covenant message is in the first place. It's not that you understand it and then reject it...you just don't see it at all even when you are provided with scripture. Your particular message is about a requirement to follow the ten commandments as per the Sinai covenant, and you are so yoked into the Sinai covenant of Moses and ritual and law, that you cannot seem to understand how Christ has been making things new. It's really simple though...if you love Jesus, follow the commandment *he* gave us.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It's because you cannot seem to comprehend what the new covenant message is in the first place. It's not that you understand it and then reject it...you just don't see it at all even when you are provided with scripture. Your particular message is about a requirement to follow the ten commandments as per the Sinai covenant, and you are so yoked into the Sinai covenant of Moses and ritual and law, that you cannot seem to understand how Christ has been making things new. It's really simple though...if you love Jesus, follow the commandment *he* gave us.

Hmm now your just making things up. All I hear is your words over God's WORD. Prove your claims with scripture. Your argument is with God not men. If you cannot provie youre claims with God's WORD, then maybe you need to consider what you believe?

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the traditions and teachings of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. I guess many will be dissappointed come judgment day *MATTHEW 7:22-23.

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word).

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Hmm now your just making things up. All I hear is your words over God's WORD. Prove your claims with scripture. Your argument is with God not men. If you cannot provie youre claims with God's WORD, then maybe you need to consider what you believe?

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the traditions and teachings of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9

I have proven my claims with scripture as everyone has seen. Jesus' new commandment is clearly stated in John 13:34. Either love Jesus (hence God) and follow it, or don't. It's your choice.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have proven my claims with scripture as everyone has seen. Jesus' new commandment is clearly stated in John 13:34. Either love Jesus (hence God) and follow it, or don't. It's your choice.

Now bekkilyn, are you telling the truth?

All you have done is ignore the scriptures that disagree with your interpretation of one scripture.

No one had ever loved another as Christ has loved us so in this respect it is a new commandment because Jesus is GOD and God is LOVE *1 JOHN 4:8. JOHN 13:34 is not saying we are not to love God anymore and it is not cancelling our duty of LOVE to GOD or our fellow man *DEUTERONOMY 6:5; LEVITICUS 19:18; MATTHEW 22:36-40; ROMANS 13:8-10 on which all the law and the prophets hang. It is increasing the application of LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

Hmm did not work out too well for you bekky now did it? Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Maybe you can pray about it further?

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Now bekkilyn, are you telling the truth?

No one had ever loved another as Christ has loved us so in this respect it is a new commandment because Jesus is GOD and God is LOVE *1 JOHN 4:8. JOHN 13:34 is not saying we are not to love God anymore and it is not cancelling our duty of LOVE to GOD or our fellow man *DEUTERONOMY 6:5; LEVITICUS 19:18; MATTHEW 22:36-40; ROMANS 13:8-10 on which all the law and the prophets hang. It is increasing the application of LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

Hmm did not work out too well for you bekky now did it?

Hope this helps.

You're just repeating the same old scriptures, cleverly distorting them in an out of context way to suit your legalistic agenda, when Jesus' commandment is quite clear in John 13:34. Jesus didn't say to follow the ten commandments given to Moses on Sinai. Jesus said to follow what *he* commanded and there it is, right there in the book of John, clearly stated in one very elegant verse. If you love Jesus, then follow it, or don't. He gave us the free choice to decide.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You're just repeating the same old scriptures, cleverly distorting them in an out of context way to suit your legalistic agenda, when Jesus' commandment is quite clear in John 13:34. Jesus didn't say to follow the ten commandments given to Moses on Sinai. Jesus said to follow what *he* commanded and there it is, right there in the book of John, clearly stated in one very elegant verse. If you love Jesus, then follow it, or don't. He gave us the free choice to decide.

Hmm all I see is you repeating your words over God's WORD. Who should I believe you or God? I know who I will choose *ROMANS 3:4. Yep many are going to be dissappointed come judgment day. *MATTHEW 7:22-23.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Hmm all I see is you repeating your words over God's WORD. Who should I believe you or God? I know who I will choose *ROMANS 3:4

I didn't make up Jesus' new commandment. It's right there in John 13:34. Ignore at your own peril. If you don't believe that Jesus is God, that's your choice to make as well!

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I didn't make up Jesus' new commandment. It's right there in John 13:34. Ignore at your own peril. If you don't believe that Jesus is God, that's your choice to make as well!

You can choose to believe God's WORD or not I do not judge you. It is between you and God. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. Yep many are going to be disappoined. *MATTHEW 7:22-23. Only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow it. *ROMANS 3:4. KNOWINGLY following man made traditions that break the commandments of God will keep you out of God's Kingdom. MATTHEW 15:3-9

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
You can choose to believe God's WORD or not I do not judge you. It is between you and God. It is the Word of God that will be our judge come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48. Yep many are going to be disappoined. *MATTHEW 7:22-23. Only Gods Word is true and we should believe and follow it. *ROMANS 3:4

Considering Jesus is the living Word of God, you might want to take another look at his new commandment in John 13:34. It's right there for everyone to see and in every Christian bible, including Catholic ones. I didn't put it there. I don't have that kind of power to go into every bible on earth and insert a verse into it. Would be kind of neat to be able to do that, but alas, it's not a gift God has given me. I can at least see it and proclaim it to make sure that everyone knows it's the new commandment he (Jesus) gave us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Considering Jesus is the living Word of God, you might want to take another look at his new commandment in John 13:34. It's right there for everyone to see and in every Christian bible, including Catholic ones. I didn't put it there. I don't have that kind of power to go into every bible on earth and insert a verse into it. Would be kind of neat to be able to do that, but alas, it's not a gift God has given me. I can at least see it and proclaim it to make sure that everyone knows it's the new commandment he (Jesus) gave us.

Now bekkilyn, God has brought you here today for a reason and that is to hear his WORD. These are God's WORD'S not my words. All of us will be judged come judgment day according to God's WORD *JOHN 12:47-48 for either BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word or rejecting it. What will you choose? Will you BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD or will you choose to beleive and follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. Those who choose to reject God's WORD will be very dissappointed come judgment day MATTHEW 15:3-9.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Now bekkilyn, God has brought you here for a reason and that is to hear his WORD. These are God's WORD'S not my words. All of us will be judged come judgment day according to God's WORD *JOHN 12:47-48 for either BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's Word or rejecting it. What will you choose? Will you BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD or will you choose to beleive and follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God.

It is amazing how Jesus himself has a commandment right there visible for everyone to see in John 13:34 and you somehow think I'm making it up. Isn't it wild that Jesus has his very own commandment that he has asked us to follow if we love him, and it is like it is just invisible to you? Of course, I'd much rather that you were able to see Jesus' commandment so that you could see it for yourself and not think I am just imagining that it is there, but maybe if you literally cannot see it, Jesus won't be upset with you about it later if you choose not to follow it. That's kind of what faith is though...you know believing in the unseen, but I'm not sure that that verse was meant to describe a verse that is just invisible to some people. I do wonder what made it invisible though. You haven't been eating lemons over your bible lately, have you?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is amazing how Jesus himself has a commandment right there visible for everyone to see in John 13:34 and you somehow think I'm making it up. Isn't it wild that Jesus has his very own commandment that he has asked us to follow if we love him, and it is like it is just invisible to you? Of course, I'd much rather that you were able to see Jesus' commandment so that you could see it for yourself and not think I am just imagining that it is there, but maybe if you literally cannot see it, Jesus won't be upset with you about it later if you choose not to follow it. That's kind of what faith is though...you know believing in the unseen, but I'm not sure that that verse was meant to describe a verse that is just invisible to some people. I do wonder what made it invisible though. You haven't been eating lemons over your bible lately, have you?

It is not the scripture in JOHN 13:34 that is in error and that you are making up. It is your interpretation that you think JOHN 13:34 supersedes all the rest of God's WORD and what LOVE means that is where your error is. SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (10 Commandments).

God's WORD teaches that if we break any one of them we stand guilty before God is SIN *ROMANS 3:19-20; JAMES 2:8-11. Those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANS SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they reject the gift of God's dear son *HEBREWS 6:4-8; ROMANS 6:23; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

LOVE on the other hand is the fulfilling of God's LAW not the breaking of it. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is the very expression of what LOVE is *ROMANS 13:8-10. This is why JESUS says on these to great Commandments of LOVE Hang all the law and the Prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40.

Yep not looking too good for some come judgment day *MATTHEW 7:22-23 for those who follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

What will you do?

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word of God)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
It is not the scripture in JOHN 13:34 that is in error and that you are making up. It is your interpretation that you think JOHN 13:34 supersedes all the rest of God's WORD and what LOVE means that is where your error is. SIN is the transgression of God's LAW (10 Commandments).

God's WORD teaches that if we break any one of them we stand guilty before God is SIN *ROMANS 3:19-20; JAMES 2:8-11. Those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANS SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN because they reject the gift of God's dear son *HEBREWS 6:4-8; ROMANS 6:23; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

LOVE on the other hand is the fulfilling of God's LAW not the breaking of it. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is the very expression of what LOVE is *ROMANS 13:8-10. This is why JESUS says on these to great Commandments of LOVE Hang all the law and the Prophets *MATTHEW 22:36-40.

Yep not looking too good for some come judgment day *MATTHEW 7:22-23 for those who follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

What will you do?

God's Sheep hear his Voice (the Word of God)

I'm sorry you don't seem to believe Jesus' commandment in John 13:34, the one that *he* directly gave to us, and the one that cannot be found anywhere in the old covenant, including the big 10. Jesus didn't say to obey the ten commandments, he said to obey the commandment *he* gave to us, and it's awful that *his* commandment is so invisible to you. Please pray that the Holy Spirit gives you insight here so that you do not continue to lead others astray in your attempts to yoke them back under law of Moses instead of the grace and truth of Jesus Christ.

No one comes to the Father except through *Christ*. (John 14:6)

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I do see it and understand where your confusion lies. John says, "No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God," and also, "Let no one fool you, he who does what is right is righteous and he who does not do what is right is of the devil." Now, we can go all over the place if you prefer, but I am sure that eventually you are going to run into context after context of God teaching people not to sin, to repent, and to "sin no more." The particulars matter, true, but it is all the same and summed up well in many places.
here is the problem YOU have. John was not teaching the sermon on the mount in mat 5 Jesus was. You quote Jesus not john, and in this case perfection of God is defined by Jesus as forgiveness, not living sin free.

Nothing else you said here is relevent in any way. All I get from you is smoke and mirrors. when I checked you for misquoting all you have produced is smoke and mirrors. (evasion and deception in such a way as to take emphasis off of what you actually did and replace it with a sermon as your reason why... as if your good it great enough it is ok to misrepresent the bible intentionally if you don't call it that... come on man you were caught red highhandedly time to make amends and stop this cat and mouse stuff.

Fact 1
Jesus produced the quote you cut out of context. (not john or anyone else, so quoting them is a red herring)

Fact 2 you preach to me a sermon on living a sin free life and used Jesus' quote to give your sermon authority.

Fact 3 you misused the quote by inferring the quote says live sin free as your father in heaven is sin free. The Quote is explained by Jesus again refers to forgiveness being the type of perfection we are called to NOT living sin free life.

fact 4 Jesus never intended to communicate to us in that passage to live a sin free life. no where in that paragraph or in the rest of what is referred to as the sermon on the mount is that messaged conveyed.

if your idea of living a sin free life was indeed something we are called to do then why didn't jesus use this quote and this opportunity as you tried to do?

It all relates. Remember that Jesus is teaching people, so when he brings his sermon to a close with these words, do you really think it only applies to what he is very specifically saying at the moment?
kinda has too sport.. don't ya think?!? because how else would the people standing there have any other idea of what was going on?

Does your preacher regularly close this Sundays sermon with a lesson to be taught by a sub pastor at a future time? That would not be a summary. that would not eve make sense. two different men speaking at two separate times and one summarizing a message not given yet... Jesus carefully measured out a senerio gave a command and connected the dots has to how his father's perfection fitted the senerio and how we fit in to those dots. So when Jesus summed up everything he said about his father it would have to be in the context of the passage he was speaking about. how stupid would it have been to go on and on about forgiveness and then sum up on a subject not mention throughout the whole sermon?!?! That is what you are suggesting here!

Where is the common sense in that?

Christ specifically gave us a command in this passage and then defined how this command was to be carried out. If the bible is any more cryptic than that for you then the God of the bible could very well be lost forever to you.

why? because when you allow yourself to rewrite the bible (give yourself permission because "Jesus was not just talking about the sermon on the mount when he was preaching the sermon on the mount, but john talks about perfection so when jesus doesn't ever mention perfection in this passage he means perfection!"

Come on! You got to know deep down that is wrong!! Not to mention you miss out on key principles for the man made doctrines you are building. don't you get when you ignore this bit on forgiveness when you take the importance Christ put on a subject away, so you can use it to enforce your idea of how important living a perfect life is! Then what Christ said about forgiveness has for been taken out of the bible forever! Now you have to be perfect! because your version of God does not forgive readily and or completely.

put another way:

Do you understand you took the level 10 importance away from Jesus own words on forgiveness and applied it to perfection..

If Jesus wanted level 10 perfection then why did he not award perfection level 10 status when he had the chance? (in the way way you did?)

Rather he gave that level 10 to forgiveness which is lost to you, and all who listen to your version of this passage.. now what if, forgiveness in Jesus' mind (for some reason) is more important than living perfectly?

What if... Jesus put that level 10 accent on forgiveness because to the God of the bible it is more important than living perfect?

Do you see what I mean when I say you could be lost forever to the God of the bible?

Because you took emphasis off of what Jesus Christ Himself commanded to put it on, and placed it on your own work/your own understanding your own doctrinal importance... His message is lost.

Just look at the rest of what you have wrote. where do you even make an allowance anywhere near as Great for forgiveness as Jesus did? everything that carry weight with you is perfection. for you here and now speaking on this part of the sermon on the mount, forgiveness... is lost to you.

Now what if.. the God of the bible's biggest thing is forgiveness even over perfection. then the God of the bible is also lost to you.

know does not stop here, now every story every parable will also have a perfection slant, because you think you worship a God who demands perfection when nothing can be further from the truth.

In truth perfection is unobtainable, no man can ever boast of perfection.

So what of sin?

When we are born again it means according to Paul we become two beings interned into one body. you have the old sinful self who was born into sin and we have the new man in Christ.

This new being must learn to hate sin. this new man can indeed never accept sin or want anything to do with sin and this new man can even exist refusing to take part in sin. That said the old sinful self according to the same Paul in the same book of Romans tells us the old sinful man is a slave to sin and will sin every day to the day it dies.

but until then even Paul in Romans 7 tells us he is a hopeless sinner and will be bound to sin till God takes him home. Now if Paul is bound to sin what makes you think you are better than a literal apostle?

This means the law is not what is used to judge us as followers of Christ. as Christ Himself has boild the law down to two commands for us under his new covenant. Agape' or love is what we are judged on. love for God and love for each other...

Now don't get me wrong, God has also made provision for those who can not live in this freedom. for those who need the law to live under God allows them to bind themselves by the law, but he does warn us that if we live this way then is it by the law you will be judged (which to me sounds impossible but who am I right?)

again all I am saying is you mis quoted mat 5 I don't care why you think you are allowed to do this. Because in the end you said mat 5 says X when in fact it does not.

If you are one to live by the law then know you are breaking it by changing the word of God... even if it is for a 'good reason' it is still forbidden to change even a letter, you have changed a whole supposition. don't look now but that takes you off the perfect list... but if only there was forgiveness in your version of God, perfect forgiveness kinda like how God is perfect, then it would be ok to misunderstand or misquote God.

Upvote 0