THE COVENANTS AND THE 10 COMMANDMENTS ARE YOU CONFUSED?

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello brother drich0150, thanks for your post here. Although I do not think anyone is saying what you are suggesting they are above. This also does not remove the fact that God's LAW (10 Commandments) are there for those who break it.

1 TIMOTHY 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

For more clarity click me

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello brother drich0150, thanks for your post here. Although I do not think anyone is saying what you are suggesting they are above. This also does not remove the fact that God's LAW (10 Commandments) are there for those who break it.

1 TIMOTHY 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

For more clarity click me
what do you think I am suggesting above? because 1 tim 9 says exactly what I am saying.

The saved are not judged by the law.. the saved are free from the laws as a means to righteousness before God it is the unsaved that the law applies to it is the unsaved which has to worry about the law.

The saved are the righteous men 1 tim1: 9 speaks about, and the unsaved is everyone else on the list.

For more clarity just re-read my original post. ;)

• Agree
Reactions: daydreamer40
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Nice to see you using God's WORD bekkilyn, but how do they relate to the OP?

"I tell you, something greater than the temple is here." (Matthew 12:6)

• Winner
Reactions: Dan61861
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know you didn't mean it this way, but God still cares about perfection: "Be perfect as just as your heavenly Father is perfect," and will still judge everyone based on what they have done and give trouble to those that caused it, "First for the Jew, then for the Gentile," and love is defined in the Bible as obedience to God's commands. So, "Love your neighbor as yourself," becomes, "Obey what the Bible says about how you should treat yourself and others." And, "love God" becomes, "Obey God." So he is technically fine in his passion, but just not accurate, understanding, or kind enough, which are all attributes God commands us to have. XD
Wow noting person but my biggest petpeeve is when people preach using scrap book theology.. you know when a well meaning brother take a verse or even worse a sentence out of context, preach up a sermon and paste the scrap verse on the end to give it authority or meaning, all the while discarding it's orginal meaning and or intent.

I don't think you guys knowing do this wrong or your intention is not to misrepersent the bible, it just your teachers do it and you see no problem with it.

But I do. it allows you to change what the bible says by using the bibles own words.

In context your passage "be perfect as your father is perfect" means to Love your enmies as your Father does. Forgive them as He has forgiven you.. not do not sin... no where in the paragraph does it say live a sin free life, yet you preached to me about living a sin free life (despite what the bible says) and tagged this verse on the end to give what you said authority.

My goal here is not to shame you but to get you scrap book theologians to stop this practice as it does not represent the bible again your example: "stop sinning live sin free as God is sin free." Context:
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor. (Leviticus 19:18) Hate your enemy.’ 44 But here is what I tell you. Love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you. 45 Then you will be children of your Father who is in heaven. He causes his sun to shine on evil people and good people. He sends rain on those who do right and those who don’t. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Even the tax collectors do that. 47 If you greet only your own people, what more are you doing than others? Even people who are ungodly do that. 48 So be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Do you not see to be perfect is to love your neighbor/enemy as yourself? Which is one of the two rules I said Jesus boils the whole law down to for the believer. (God scraps the OT law in favor for these two new rules)

In context this passage supports everything I said, you changed that in your message. what should be discussed or at least thought about is why... why must you change contextual meaning to support your doctrines? if God intended for us to be perfect by following the law without error then why isn't that a verse you can quote as a Christian and not a (OT Jew)

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"I tell you, something greater than the temple is here." (Matthew 12:6)
Amen!
And proved it in 70AD
:ebil: :amen:

Isaiah 61:2 [Luke 4:19]
To call Year of good pleasure of Yahweh,
And a Day of Vengeance of our Elohim, To comfort all mourners

Harmonization of Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, Revelation and Josephus

Matthew 24:1
And Jesus coming out, departed from the Temple.

And His Disciples approached Him to show to Him the buildings of the Temple.

Mark 13:1
And He going forth out of the Temple,

one of His Disciples is saying to Him “Teacher! behold!
what manner of stones
and what manner of buildings

Luke 21:5

and of some saying concerning the Temple,
that to goodly stones
and votive-offerings<334> it has been adorned<2885>

Luke 19:44
And shall be leveling Thee, and Thy children within Thee;
and they shall not leave stone upon stone in Thee;
because Thou knewest not the time of the visitation of Thee.

OUT WITH THE OC

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
Revelation 6:6
And I hear a voice in midst of the four living-ones saying:
"choinex of grain/wheat a denarius and three choinex of barleys a denarius, and the oil and the wine no you should be injuring".
The day on which Titus encompassed Jerusalem, was the feast of the Passover; and it is deserving of the very particular attention of the reader, that this was the anniversary of that memorable period in which the Jews crucified their Messiah............

The Temple now presented little more than a heap of ruins; and the Roman army as in triumph on the event, came and reared their ensigns against a fragment of the eastern gate,....
In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem,
the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings.
Revelation 18:8
by this, in one day shall be arriving the blows of Her, death and sorrow and famine.
And in fire She shall be being burned, that strong Lord, the God, the one judging Her

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hello dqhall, nice to see you again brother. Some comments and scriptures from the Word of God for your consideration below.
Paul did not require his followers to adhere to the fourth commandment (law) the same as Seventh Day Adventists do not circumcise male babies like those who hope in the laws of Moses do.
Dear brother please read the following scrptures and the OP here. It seems you have not.

Your mixing up God's eternal law (10 Commandments) that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; PSALMS 119:172; MATTHEW 5:17-19, with the SHADOW laws that point to Jesus and God's plan of salvation from the MOSAIC BOOK OF THE OLD COVANENANT in the NEW COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7 (read OP e.g. CIRCUMCISION)

CIRCUMCISION was a SHADOW law from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANANT that pointed to a NEW HEART under the NEW COVENANT and is fulfilled in Christ and God's NEW COVENANT promise to LOVE but could have been fulfilled in the OLD COVENANT.

CIRCUMCISION FORETOLD IN THE MOSAIC BOOK OF THE COVENANT (EXODUS 24:7)

DEUTERONOMY 10:16 [16] CIRCUMCISE therefore THE FORESKIN OF YOUR HEART, and be no more stiff-necked.

DEUTERONOMY 30:6 [6] And the LORD your God will CIRCUMCISE YOUR HEART AND THE HEART OF YOUR DECENDENCE, TO LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND WITHYOU’RE YOUR SOUL, THAT YOU MAY LIVE.

JEREMIAH 4:4 [4] CIRCUMCISE YOURSELF TO THE LORD, AND TAKE AWAY THE FORESKINS OF YOUR HEART, you men of Judah and inhabitants of Jerusalem: lest my fury come forth like fire, and burn that none can quench it, because of the evil of your doings.

THE SHADOW LAW OF CIRCUMCISION FULFILLED THE NEW COVENANT PROMISE TO LOVE and OBEY GOD'S COMMANDMENTS

ROMANS 2:25 [25] For circumcision verily profits, if you keep the law: but if you are a breaker of the law, your circumcision is made uncircumcision. [26], Therefore if the uncircumcision keeps the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? [27], And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfils the law, judge you, who by the letter and circumcision do transgress the law? [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW, WHO IS ONE; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OF THE OUTWARD FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; AND CIRCUMCISION IS THAT OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT AND NOT IN THE LETTER; WHOSE PRAISE IS NOT OF MEN BUT OF GOD.

1 CORITHIANS 7:19 [19] CIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, AND UNCIRCUMCISION IS NOTHING, BUT THE KEEPING OF THE COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

ROMANS 3:31 [31], Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, WE ESTABLISH THE LAW.

ROMANS 8:4, That the RIGHTEOUSNESS OF THE LAW MIGHT BE FULFILLED IN US, who walk not after the flesh [CARNAL MIND; SINFUL NATURE], BUT AFTER THE SPIRIT.

ROMANS 13:8, Owe no man anything, but to love one another: FOR HE THAT LOVES HAS FULFILLED THE LAW. [9], For this, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOYU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: THEREFORE LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

ROMANS 8:13, FOR IF YOU LIVE AFTER THE FLESH YOU SHALL DIE: but IF YOU THROUGH THE SPIRIT DO PUT TO DEATH THE DEEDS OF THE BODY, YOU SHALL LIVE. [14], For as many as are LED BY THE SPIRIT of God, they are the sons of God

This is the operation of GOD in the NEW COVENANT…

HEBREWS 8 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I WILL PUT MY LAWS INTO THEIR MINDS, AND WRITE THEM IN THEIR HEARTS: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

CONCLUSION;
The CEREMONIAL ORDINANCE of CIRCUMCISION is a Shadow law from the MOSAIC BOOK of the COVENANT pointing to a NEW HEART to LOVE and OBEY GOD through FAITH in his WORD in the NEW COVENANT

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten commandments (Exodus 20:8-11). Just like any of the ten commandments if we break any one of them we stand guilty before God of sin *ROMANS 3:20; JAMES 2:9-11; 1 JOHN 3:4.

If you do not know what the OLD COVENANT is how can you know what the NEW COVENANT is? How many commandments are there in God's 10 COMMANDMENTS written on and spoken by God on two tables of stone, 10, 613 or 9? *EXODUS 34:28; DEUTERONOMY 4:13; 10:4

ONLY God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of GOD. All who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into God's KINGDOM *HEBREWS 10:26-27; ACTS 17:30-31.

Many do not realize that Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).
Sabbath is a tradition.
No it is not it is GOD'S 4th COMMANDMENT and one of the ten COMMANDMENTS that are the STANDARD of GOOD and EVIL; SIN AND RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; PSLAMS 119:172. All who KNOWINGLY BREAK just like any of the other 10 Commandments stand guilty before GOD of sin *JAMES 2:9-11; 1 JOHN 3:4
I may choose when I work and when I rest, same as whether I want to tithe or not.
You can also choose to steal, lie, commit adultery, make idols and worship them, have other Gods, murder and covet your neighbors things and use God's name in vain. Those who KNOWINGLY CONTINUE to do so however will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN and do not KNOW him who calls them in LOVE to LOVE *HEBREWS 10:26-27; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; HEBREWS 6:4-8; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.
In Galatians 2 the apostles, James, Cephas (Peter) and John, recommended the Gentile believers not be forced to obey the entire law, but should remember to help the poor. Whether I eat vegetables, fruits and whole grains or eggs, meat, fish and dairy is up to me. According to my studies plant based foods are healthier for me than processed meats. The decision what to eat is mine alone. I need more accurate information than beef is good and pork is bad. Modern medical studies shed much light on this subject that is not available in Deuteronomy or Leviticus.
Galatians 2 is once again about the SHADOW LAW of CIRCUMCISION. Not the 10 commandments. Look at the chapter CONTEXT *GALATIONS 2:3-4
God may require me to do some work on Saturday. In fact some people are retired and do not need a whole day of doing nothing. A few work seven days on seven days off. Many have Saturday and Sunday off. It is up to the individual. God allows us to choose. We are not slaves to the law.
You can choose to follow God's WORD or not it is up to you. I do not judge you. We will all be judged by the Word of God we reject come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
what do you think I am suggesting above? because 1 tim 9 says exactly what I am saying.

The saved are not judged by the law.. the saved are free from the laws as a means to righteousness before God it is the unsaved that the law applies to it is the unsaved which has to worry about the law.

The saved are the righteous men 1 tim1: 9 speaks about, and the unsaved is everyone else on the list.

For more clarity just re-read my original post. ;)

1 TIMOTHY 1:9 is supporting what I am saying brother. If you are breaking any of God's ten Commandments you stand guilty before God of breaking them. Let me ask you are simple question that may help. If someone is living a life of KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN are they in a saved state before GOD or an UNSAVED state before God * HEBREWS 10:26-27?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Wow noting person but my biggest petpeeve is when people preach using scrap book theology.. you know when a well meaning brother take a verse or even worse a sentence out of context, preach up a sermon and paste the scrap verse on the end to give it authority or meaning, all the while discarding it's orginal meaning and or intent.

Now drich0150, if your going to make claims here like some others have tried but when confronted have not been able to prove their claims then this is simply slander. You are making claims here that the scriptures shared here are scrap book theology that has been taken out of context discarding the original meaning and intent. It is your duty as a christian to prove your claims not promote slander.

As a brother in Christ do you not have a duty of LOVE to prove your claims? Or are they false allegations? If you cannot prove your claims then why make things up? Please show me anything I have posted that is out of CONTEXT and not according to God's WORD? If you cannot brother then maybe you should think about what it is you actually believe. Only God's WORD is true and we should beleive and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God. Those who KNOWINGLY BREAK GOD's Commandments will not enter into God's KINGCOM come judgment day *HEBREWS 10:26-27. I think you have made those claims above because you have no scripture to prove your belief. Am I wrong? Please show prove your claims that you have made above? If you cannot then why say them?

I don't think you guys knowing do this wrong or your intention is not to misrepersent the bible, it just your teachers do it and you see no problem with it. But I do. it allows you to change what the bible says by using the bibles own words.

My guide is God's WORD alone seeking Jesus through his WORD and claiming his promise to be my teacher *JOHN 14:26; 16:13; 7:17; 8:31-34. All your doing now is stating your words over God's WORD. If you make allegations prove it with God's WORD. If you cannot you are only following others who speak there own words over God's WORD. Those who reject God's WORD will be judged by it come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48.

In context your passage "be perfect as your father is perfect" means to Love your enmies as your Father does. Forgive them as He has forgiven you.. not do not sin... no where in the paragraph does it say live a sin free life, yet you preached to me about living a sin free life (despite what the bible says) and tagged this verse on the end to give what you said authority.

Now your making a strawmen argument that no one is even talking to you about. Salvation is from SIN not in sin *JOHN 8:31-36. If you break any of God's Commandments you commit sin *JAMES 2:9-11; 1 JOHN 3:4. It is not God's will for us to sin. If we do however we have an advocate *1 JOHN 2:1. Those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN do not KNOW God and need to be born again *JOHN 3:3-8; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

My goal here is not to shame you but to get you scrap book theologians to stop this practice as it does not represent the bible

Yet here you are full of allegations but not scriptures. Or can you show anything that has been taken out of context and does not represent the Bible? Please stop making things up brother drich0150, if you have a problem with something someone has said than address the post in detail and prove your claim with scriptures. If you cannot than it only shows you have no scripture and are only stating your own words over Gods because you have turned your attention to attacking the messenger because you cannot attack the message and the scriptures provided to you.

example: "stop sinning live sin free as God is sin free." Context: 43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor. (Leviticus 19:18) Hate your enemy.’ 44 But here is what I tell you. Love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you. 45 Then you will be children of your Father who is in heaven. He causes his sun to shine on evil people and good people. He sends rain on those who do right and those who don’t. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Even the tax collectors do that. 47 If you greet only your own people, what more are you doing than others? Even people who are ungodly do that. 48 So be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect. In context this passage supports everything I said, you changed that in your message. what should be discussed or at least thought about is why... why must you change contextual meaning to support your doctrines? if God intended for us to be perfect by following the law without error then why isn't that a verse you can quote as a Christian and not a (OT Jew)

Here you quote MATTHEW 5 which says...

MATTHEW 5:43-48
[43],You have heard that it has been said, You shall love your neighbor, and hate your enemy.
[44], But I say to you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which spitefully use you, and persecute you;
[45], That you may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he makes his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.
[46], For if you love them which love you, what reward have you? do not even the publicans the same?
[47], And if you salute your brothers only, what do you more than others? do not even the publicans so?
[48], Be you therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Brother drich0150, I want to show you this only to help you nothing more. THIS section of your post is a good example of you taking scripture out of CONTEXT. Here you highlight MATTHEW 5:43-48 and use LEVITICUS 19:18 to try and show that God's Word taught in the OLD COVENANT that God's people were to hate their enemies. Let's look at the scripture in provide from LEVITICUS 19:18 and add the context you leave out and see what it actually says...

LEVITICUS 19:17-18 [17], YOU SHALL NOT HATE YOUR BROTHER IN YOUR HEART: you shall in any wise rebuke your neighbor, and not suffer sin on him. [18], You shall not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.

NO WHERE in the OLD TESTAMENT scriptures has it ever taught to HATE your enemies. You have heard that it has been said is in reference to the teachings of men over the WORD of GOD. Disagree? Please show me a scripture from the OLD COVENANT that says God's people are to hate their enemies? You have taken the scriptures out of CONTEXT. The very thing you are accusing others of doing but are not able to prove your claims with God's WORD.
Do you not see to be perfect is to love your neighbor/enemy as yourself? Which is one of the two rules I said Jesus boils the whole law down to for the believer. (God scraps the OT law in favor for these two new rules)
The two great commandments of LOVE are summing up God's 10 commandments and when Jesus speaks them in MATTHEW 22:36-40 he is quoting from DEUTERONOMY 6:5 and LEVITICUS 19:18 and finishes by saying "ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS [Love to God and Love to mankind] HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS *MATTHEW 22:40. LOVE is the fulfilling; DOING and ESTABLISHING God's LAW in all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD and is the NEW COVENANT promise to God's people *ROMANS 13:8-10; ROMANS 3:31; HEBREWS 8:10-12.

Sent in LOVE and only as a help brother. Please read the scriptures in context. If you make allegations than prove your claims. Anything else is only slander.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'll share something :)
Do the SDA's look at Revelation from a "Convenantle" point of view?
OC Priesthood/Jerusalem vs NC Priesthood/Jerusalem?

Zechariah 7:12
“Yes, they made their hearts like flint, refusing to hear the Law and the words which Yahweh of Hosts had sent by His Spirit through the former prophets.
Thus great wrath came from Yahweh of Hosts.

Zephaniah 3:4
Her prophets are insolent, treacherous people;
Her priests have polluted the Sanctuary, [Revelation 11:1 ,2]
They have done violence to the Law.

What was the job of the OC Lawyers?

Luke 11
46 and He said, 'And to you, the lawyers, woe!
because ye burden men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves with one of your fingers do not touch the burdens.

Matthew 26:3 [Revelation 11:1, 2]
Then were gathered together the chief priests, and the scribes, and the elders of the people, to the Court<833> of the chief priest who was called Caiaphas

Now, notice the Court in Revelation 11 being "Cast out outside" [not "leave out" as most versions render it]
What would the Court outside of the outer curtain of the Sanctuary be symbolizing?

Revelation 11
1 And was given to me a reed like-as rod saying "rouse! and measure! the Sanctuary of God and the Altar[golden Altar] and those worshiping in it
2 and the Court/fold<833>[laver/brass Altar], the without of the Sanctuary, be Casting-Out!/<1544> out-side<1854>, and no her thou should be measuring,
that it was given to the nations, and the Holy City they shall be treading forty two months

Did you notice it is the OC Sanctuary and Altar being measured in Revelation 11 and not the "Temple"?
The Court outside of it is told to be "Cast Out Outside" which would imply being cast outside of the Temple. Look at it as an OC Jew/Israelite would look at it....

http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org/v/showthread.php?t=143947
What is the Court in Revelation 11:2 symbolizing?

Studies In The Scriptures - Tabernacle Shadows - Chapter 1
The Camp
The Court
The Laver, The Brass Altar,
The Tabernacle--
The First Veil,
The Golden Altar, The Table of Show-bread, The Lamp-stand,
The Second Veil,
The Mercy Seat and Ark

The Significance of These and Their Antitypes.

'

Hello LittleLambofJesus, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

It is easier to read your posts without all the colours you have added. The earthly Sanctuary in the OLD COVENANT was a copy or a SHADOW of the HEAVENLY.

EXODUS 25:9 According to all that I show you, after the pattern of the tabernacle, and the pattern of all the furnishings of it, even so shall you make it.

EXODUS 26:30 And you shall raise up the tabernacle according to the pattern of it which was shown you on the mount.

HEBREWS 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, says he, that you make all things according to the pattern showed to you in the mount.

These are all part of the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT *EXODUS 24:7. That point to JESUS and God's plan of salvation in the NEW COVENANT and Christs role as our great high priest in the HEAVENLY Sanctuary made without hands.

It would take too long to go through the meaning of all aspects of the symbolism here and is not the topic of the OP here. If you are interested there is another thread here started some time ago although this is not finished.

You may wish to visit it here linked click me.

Scroll down to post # 15 onwards

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
JOHN 14:15 [15], IF you LOVE me keep my commandments

“In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
“In everything do to others as you would have them do to you; for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12)

1 JOHN 2:4 [4], He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
1 JOHN 2:4 [4], He that says, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

"The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:2)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"The law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:2)

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others

"When you beat your olive tree, you shall not go over the boughs again; it shall be for the alien, for the orphan, and for the widow." (Deuteronomy 24:20)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"When you beat your olive tree, you shall not go over the boughs again; it shall be for the alien, for the orphan, and for the widow." (Deuteronomy 24:20)

EXODUS 24:7 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

Upvote 0

FatalHeart

Wisdom's Associate
Jan 23, 2013
The pulsating core of the interwebs
✟20,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I don't think you guys knowing do this wrong or your intention is not to misrepersent the bible, it just your teachers do it and you see no problem with it.

But I do. it allows you to change what the bible says by using the bibles own words.

My goal here is not to shame you but to get you scrap book theologians to stop this practice as it does not represent the bible again your example: "stop sinning live sin free as God is sin free." Context:
43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor. (Leviticus 19:18) Hate your enemy.’ 44 But here is what I tell you. Love your enemies. Pray for those who hurt you. 45 Then you will be children of your Father who is in heaven. He causes his sun to shine on evil people and good people. He sends rain on those who do right and those who don’t. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Even the tax collectors do that. 47 If you greet only your own people, what more are you doing than others? Even people who are ungodly do that. 48 So be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.

In context this passage supports everything I said, you changed that in your message. what should be discussed or at least thought about is why... why must you change contextual meaning to support your doctrines? if God intended for us to be perfect by following the law without error then why isn't that a verse you can quote as a Christian and not a (OT Jew)

I actually don't support his position on the ten commandments. But God does give us a chance to participate in the divine nature, and the divine nature does live perfectly. God is perfect. He is not a hypocrite. He follows His own rules and will judge the world by those rules. Jesus didn't come to rebuild what he destroyed. He came to eliminate sin -the devil's work. Unless, of course, you don't believe that sin is from Satan. But maybe you misunderstand my context as to the whole book and not just an individual one, the wider perspective of the entire theme taken from each individual book, as the message spans over each testimony: the entirety of what God is saying. Although you believe I have been taught by a teacher, I assure you, God has and does and will continue to show me these things and work powerfully behind my words as confirmation, like He always has, because I do take pains to follow Him. If you do have a problem with my words, I'll pray for you, and we'll see how God touches you. However, I do not think that we disagree. You are appropriately fighting against a type self righteousness that assumes much about itself without actually knowing the scriptures and teaches others to over exacerbate themselves trying to achieve something that isn't even God's will in the first place, and that is commendable. But my words have nothing to do with that type of arrogance and the Spirit will show you, and when God comes back, we'll talk about it if you still have problems with what I said.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
EXODUS 24:7 [7], And he took the BOOK OF THE COVENANT, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD has said will we do, and be obedient.

"For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second." (Hebrews 8:7)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"For if that first covenant had been faultless, there would have been no occasion sought for a second." (Hebrews 8:7)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I actually don't support his position on the ten commandments. But God does give us a chance to participate in the divine nature, and the divine nature does live perfectly. God is perfect. He is not a hypocrite. He follows His own rules and will judge the world by those rules. Jesus didn't come to rebuild what he destroyed. He came to eliminate sin -the devil's work. Unless, of course, you don't believe that sin is from Satan. But maybe you misunderstand my context as to the whole book and not just an individual one, the wider perspective of the entire theme taken from each individual book, as the message spans over each testimony: the entirety of what God is saying. Although you believe I have been taught by a teacher, I assure you, God has and does and will continue to show me these things and work powerfully behind my words as confirmation, like He always has, because I do take pains to follow Him. If you do have a problem with my words, I'll pray for you, and we'll see how God touches you. However, I do not think that we disagree. You are appropriately fighting against a type self righteousness that assumes much about itself without actually knowing the scriptures and teaches others to over exacerbate themselves trying to achieve something that isn't even God's will in the first place, and that is commendable. But my words have nothing to do with that type of arrogance and the Spirit will show you, and when God comes back, we'll talk about it if you still have problems with what I said.

Hello FH, your post is confusing. You say you do not support my position on the 10 commandment then continue the rest of your post by supporting my position on the 10 commandments. What is it you do not support?

Upvote 0