THE COVENANTS AND THE 10 COMMANDMENTS ARE YOU CONFUSED?

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We've gone through this before. It doesn't matter how much scripture others post in support up to and including the entire bible because you automatically dismiss all of it right off the bat for your own legalistic interpretations.

Well that is not true. You have posted no scripture and simply state your own words over God's. We should believe God's WORD. These are God's WORD not mine if you disagree please prove what you are saying with God's WORD. What are you accusing me od as legalistic interpretation? Where have I ever stated we get our righteousness from God's LAW? If I have not why accuse me of doing something I have never done? Simply stating your words over God's WORD does not make God's WORD dissappear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Seriously this is all basic milk meat stuff right?

Old covenant= OT Jews, kinda had to be born into that one.
The Old law was completed by Christ to include thought, which top shelved the law made it perfect/which means no one could maintain the law unto righteousness. Meaning righteousness can not be obtained by obeying the law.

That is all the law does not is to drive people to seek righteousness outside the law or 'atonement.'
Those who have atonement are free from the law.

Those who are not saved are judged by the law.

Those who are young in christ "milk of the word people.' are still ruled over as slaves are to the law. Once the holy Spirit sets you free then you are free from the law as a means to arive at righteousness.

Jesus boiled the law down to 2 commands. Love your lord God with all of your being and Love your neighbor as yourself. Do this in love then all of the law of the profits are full filled.

So then we no longer seek to live by the law as a means to righteousness but we live by love, as love/Agape' is the fulfillment of everything that was and matures into.

We can do the bible verse thing if wish or you can look them up yourself. Honestly if your doing this for the first time it will probably be better to ask the holy Spirit for help and go through the bible just the two of you.

Once you are free, you keep the law, not out of obligation or as a means to earn something but as a second nature to loving God with all you have. and if you break the law so what, if you hate the sin.

Got to remember till we die we will always have sin in us and that old man born unto sin will be a slave to sin till he draws his last breath. so don't let satan fool you here. he will come in the form of a pastor preacher or a set of scrap booked bible verses all cut and pasted together to tell you you should lead a perfect life. yeah, that's crap. the book of romans and galatians is where you will find your freedom.

Note your freedom from the law comes from whole books of the bible read contextually while the idea of living a sin free life will take those very same books chop up the bible verses and paste them back in a different order to try and twist what Paul meant. Stay with the contextual reading and you will find freedom from the law.

Hello brother drich0150, thanks for your post here. Although I do not think anyone is saying what you are suggesting they are above. This also does not remove the fact that God's LAW (10 Commandments) are there for those who break it.

1 TIMOTHY 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

For more clarity click me

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I disagree with your interpretation. The covenant made with the Israelites at Sinai was fulfilled by Christ...it's purpose being made complete. The new covenant is a whole new covenant made with everyone in Christ, Jew and Gentile alike, and NOT simply an update of the old covenant with the only difference being that Gentiles are grafted into it.
Actually, the New Covenant was made with Israel, not Gentiles - Jeremiah 31:31-33

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Actually, the New Covenant was made with Israel, not Gentiles - Jeremiah 31:31-33

That's where the spiritual graft that LGW was speaking of above comes in. In that sense, both Jew and Gentile are (spiritual) Israel in the New Covenant.

(When I'm using Gentile in this context, it's to mean non-Jewish Christian, not people of the various pagan communities who do not know Christ. People who do not know Christ would not be part of the covenant.)

Reactions: Saint Steven
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Well that is not true. You have posted no scripture and simply state your own words over God's. We should believe God's WORD. These are God's WORD not mine if you disagree please prove what you are saying with God's WORD.

While it is true that we should believe God's word, we are under no requirement to believe your particular manipulation of it.

• Winner
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
While it is true that we should believe God's word, we are under no requirement to believe your particular manipulation of it.
Now bekkilyn, how can you know God's WORD when you do not believe it is God's WORD? Let me know when you have scriptures to share. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Now bekkilyn, how can you know God's WORD when you do not believe it is God's WORD? Let me know when you have scriptures to share. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it.

Again, I believe God's word, but just not your particular manipulation of it. BIG difference.

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again, I believe God's word, but just not your particular manipulation of it. BIG difference.

I see, so what is it you believe is being manipulated? Let's check the scriptures and see if there is any truth in what your suggesting. If I am not correct in somthing of the scriptures I hope you can show me. If you cannot why say such things when only God's WORD is shared with you?

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I see, so what is it you believe is being manipulated? Let's check the scriptures and see if there is any truth in what your suggesting. If I am not correct in somthing of the scriptures I hope you can show me. If you cannot why say such things when only God's WORD is shared with you?

Many people have shown you (often using scripture) and you either will not or cannot see. Maybe the best thing would be to ask the Holy Spirit for help because I honestly don't think anyone else would be able to get through.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's where the spiritual graft that LGW was speaking of above comes in. In that sense, both Jew and Gentile are (spiritual) Israel in the New Covenant.

(When I'm using Gentile in this context, it's to mean non-Jewish Christian, not people of the various pagan communities who do not know Christ. People who do not know Christ would not be part of the covenant.)

Does not make any sense. If you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:13-27.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Many people have shown you (often using scripture) and you either will not or cannot see. Maybe the best thing would be to ask the Holy Spirit for help because I honestly don't think anyone else would be able to get through.

Well that has no truth in it whatsoever. Many people have shown me what? Post your best (also provide the link) and let's look at the scriptures and test if what you are saying has any truth in it? If you cannot why say such things? Your only making things up now because you have no scriptures to share. None have God's Spirit while breaking his Commandments (ACTS 2:38). Let me know when you wish to share God's WORD and not your own. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

You are free to believe and do as you wish, I do not judge you. We are all only held accountable to GOD come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Well that has no truth in it whatsoever. Many people have shown me what? Post your best (also provide the link) and let's look at the scriptures and test if what you are saying has any truth in it? If you cannot why say such things? Your only making things up now because you have no scriptures to share. None have God's Spirit while breaking his Commandments (ACTS 2:38). Let me know when you wish to share God's WORD and not your own. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9.

You are free to believe and do as you wish, I do not judge you. We are all only held accountable to GOD come judgment day *JOHN 12:47-48

The thing that you seem to be missing here is that *you* are not God, and to believe that all of your particular manipulations of scripture is 100% truth while everyone else is false is pride.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The thing that you seem to be missing here is that *you* are not God, and to believe that all of your particular manipulations of scripture is 100% truth while everyone else is false is pride.

Yet here you still are. You are only shown God's WORD and cannot show how you believe it is manipulated? Your accusations have no basis in truth and are only your own words you present over God's WORD. Let me know when you have some scriptures to share. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
People say we shouldn't obey the ten commandments except when they need an excuse to say we should not venerate icons.

Hi David, nice to see you here. Good point. It is the same as those who say LOVE is the new Commandment which is true but if you love someone will you steal from them and kill them? How do you know if you need a Saviour if the schoolmaster has left? Great point David, thanks for sharing.

May God bless you as you seek him through his WORD.

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Yet here you still are. You are only shown God's WORD and cannot show how you believe it is manipulated? Your accusations have no basis in truth and the scriptures and are only your own words over God's WORD. Let me know when you have some scriptures to share. Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it.

When you are able to share scripture in context, rather than to support a salvation by faith plus works agenda, then perhaps an actual conversation would be possible.

Upvote 0

FatalHeart

Wisdom's Associate
Jan 23, 2013
The pulsating core of the interwebs
✟20,480.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Seriously this is all basic milk meat stuff right?

Old covenant= OT Jews, kinda had to be born into that one.
The Old law was completed by Christ to include thought, which top shelved the law made it perfect/which means no one could maintain the law unto righteousness. Meaning righteousness can not be obtained by obeying the law.

That is all the law does not is to drive people to seek righteousness outside the law or 'atonement.'
Those who have atonement are free from the law.

Those who are not saved are judged by the law.

Those who are young in christ "milk of the word people.' are still ruled over as slaves are to the law. Once the holy Spirit sets you free then you are free from the law as a means to arive at righteousness.

Jesus boiled the law down to 2 commands. Love your lord God with all of your being and Love your neighbor as yourself. Do this in love then all of the law of the profits are full filled.

So then we no longer seek to live by the law as a means to righteousness but we live by love, as love/Agape' is the fulfillment of everything that was and matures into.

We can do the bible verse thing if wish or you can look them up yourself. Honestly if your doing this for the first time it will probably be better to ask the holy Spirit for help and go through the bible just the two of you.

Once you are free, you keep the law, not out of obligation or as a means to earn something but as a second nature to loving God with all you have. and if you break the law so what, if you hate the sin.

Got to remember till we die we will always have sin in us and that old man born unto sin will be a slave to sin till he draws his last breath. so don't let satan fool you here. he will come in the form of a pastor preacher or a set of scrap booked bible verses all cut and pasted together to tell you you should lead a perfect life. yeah, that's crap. the book of romans and galatians is where you will find your freedom.

Note your freedom from the law comes from whole books of the bible read contextually while the idea of living a sin free life will take those very same books chop up the bible verses and paste them back in a different order to try and twist what Paul meant. Stay with the contextual reading and you will find freedom from the law.

I know you didn't mean it this way, but God still cares about perfection: "Be perfect as just as your heavenly Father is perfect," and will still judge everyone based on what they have done and give trouble to those that caused it, "First for the Jew, then for the Gentile," and love is defined in the Bible as obedience to God's commands. So, "Love your neighbor as yourself," becomes, "Obey what the Bible says about how you should treat yourself and others." And, "love God" becomes, "Obey God." So he is technically fine in his passion, but just not accurate, understanding, or kind enough, which are all attributes God commands us to have. XD

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When you are able to share scripture in context, rather than to support a salvation by faith plus works agenda, then perhaps an actual conversation would be possible.

Hmm still making things up I see. What I have taken out of context? Where have I ever stated you are saved by works? You are stating things I have never said or done. If I have not done or said anything you are claiming why say it? If you believe I have then prove it. If you cannot why do you deny God's WORD?

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Do you have any scripture to share? I guess not.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Hmm still making things up I see. What I have taken out of context? Where have I ever stated you are saved by works? You are stating things I have never said or done. If I have not done or said anything you are claiming why say it? If you believe I have then prove it. If you cannot why do you deny God's WORD?

Only God's WORD is true and we should believe and follow it over the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God *MATTHEW 15:3-9. Do you have any scripture to share? I guess not.

When the disciples reached the other side, they had forgotten to bring any bread. Jesus said to them, “Watch out, and beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” They said to one another, “It is because we have brought no bread.” And becoming aware of it, Jesus said, “You of little faith, why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not perceive? Do you not remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? How could you fail to perceive that I was not speaking about bread? Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees!” Then they understood that he had not told them to beware of the yeast of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees. (Matthew 16:5-12)

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When the disciples reached the other side, they had forgotten to bring any bread. Jesus said to them, “Watch out, and beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” They said to one another, “It is because we have brought no bread.” And becoming aware of it, Jesus said, “You of little faith, why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not perceive? Do you not remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you gathered? How could you fail to perceive that I was not speaking about bread? Beware of the yeast of the Pharisees and Sadducees!” Then they understood that he had not told them to beware of the yeast of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees. (Matthew 16:5-12)

Good job bekkilyn, nice to see you quote a scripture. What does it mean to you and how does it relate to the OP?

Upvote 0