USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most likely they would follow the Mosaic Law, the dimensions would be along the line of Solomon's Temple, like the second Temple did. It's just too big to be of human creation.

By faith he (Abraham) dwelt in the promised land as a stranger in a foreign country. He lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God. (Heb. 11:9-10)
After the thousand years are ended the this city is surrounded:

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison...And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. (Rev. 21:7,9)
God brings a new city from heaven after this, this one doesn't have a Temple because God is with them. In the wilderness God was in the Tabernacle, latter the Temple. Ezekiel describes the ark of God and the glory of God leaving the Temple. In the first century it was in the person and work of Christ. In the Millennial kingdom it will be in the third Temple. In the eternal state, God will be with us and there will be no need for a Temple.

Grace and peace,
Mark
Is the "1000 year reign" allegorical then? Immediately with the coming of the NEW JERUSALEM?

There's got to be a period of time between the 1000 year reign and the NEW JERUSALEM mentioned in revelation 21

Am I understanding your post. It seems to me you have the 1000 year reign and the new Jerusalem simultaneous

And if you don't then do you understand that there won't be physical levites during this time if the temple you are referring to is the one in revelation 21

Because that comes afterwards
After the 1000 year reign is complete

Which is why I asked what temple will these levites be worshipping in

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Moses qualifies as in Christ

It's the generation of those who came out of the tribulation who did not physically die yet who will be there
No, all believers are raised during the first resurrection and go into the thousand year reign of Christ. Remember the dead in Christ are raised first:

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. (1 Thess. 4:16)
Moses was from the tribe of Levi, since he is in Christ, it only makes sense he is raised with all believers.

There won't be any physical "levites". In fact. I believe they'll be ashamed that they thought themselves priests outside of GOD's GRACIOUS PROVISION in CHRIST JESUS

You mean except for Moses? Barnabas and John Mark were Levites and New Testament believers. Should they be excluded from the first resurrection?

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, all believers are raised during the first resurrection and go into the thousand year reign of Christ. Remember the dead in Christ are raised first:

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. (1 Thess. 4:16)
Moses was from the tribe of Levi, since he is in Christ, it only makes sense he is raised with all believers.

You mean except for Moses? Barnabas and John Mark were Levites and New Testament believers. Should they be excluded from the first resurrection?
There isn't a leviticsl priesthood anymore
A levite served his brothers and his inheritance was in the lord

What is our inheritance in and who can we go to directly?

CHRIST

Please review revelation 14 and understand that the house/tribe of levi according to revelation 14 is not distinguished separately from his brothers

They all have an inheritance in the lord along with gentile believers

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And you understood that temple to be defined
Somewhat, I mean there were definite instructions regarding the building of the Tabernacle, the Temple naturally followed those dimensions. Now if you mean the one in the Ezekiel prophecy the modern Hebrew could not realistically imagine building such a thing.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JESUS serves the whole house and is not limited to only the twelve tribes of Israel. HE is over the whole house and because HE is without genealogy, HE is able to serve all men all nationalities all who come to HIM
through faith in HIS BLOOD

the priest had to show credentials and a bloodline

GOD was pointing all along to ONE BLOODLINE

One true marking which distinguished a priestly people before GOD

HIS SON's GARMENT

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somewhat, I mean there were definite instructions regarding the building of the Tabernacle, the Temple naturally followed those dimensions. Now if you mean the one in the Ezekiel prophecy the modern Hebrew could not realistically imagine building such a thing.
You brought it up mark. All I asked was how these levitical priests coming to the knowledge of the truth would be able to begin a priestly duty in a defiled temple

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There isn't a leviticsl priesthood anymore
A levite served his brothers and his inheritance was in the lord

What is our inheritance in and who can we go to directly?

CHRIST

Please review revelation 14 and understand that the house/tribe of levi according to revelation 14 is not distinguished separately from his brothers

They all have an inheritance in the lord along with gentile believers
Just because there isn't a Levitical priesthood doesn't mean there are no physical descendants of Levi. Revelations literally says there will be 12,000 'Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand.' (Rev. 7:7). They were already identified in Revelation 7, they are simply mentioned as a group in the fourteenth chapter. 12,000 of them are still from the tribe of Levi.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haggai 2 declares all men unclean. Even the priests before HIM

Ezra 3 shows that even before the foundation was laid (before men's hands were involved) the people brought their offerings.

Not only that Ezra required the men to provide proof of their priestly line before their laying a hand to building or any of the priestly duties

Zechariah 4 declares that "Zerubsbbrl" will lay the foundation and his hand will complete it

Zerubabbel we know is a lower shadow pointing to CHRIST

And HES already building THE HOUSE

And those in THAT HOUSE would never go back to the former shadows of all the truths and realities found in JESUS CHRIST

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You brought it up mark. All I asked was how these levitical priests coming to the knowledge of the truth would be able to begin a priestly duty in a defiled temple
No of course not, the Millennial kingdom Temple will be the fourth Temple.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just because there isn't a Levitical priesthood doesn't mean there are no physical descendants of Levi. Revelations literally says there will be 12,000 'Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand.' (Rev. 7:7). They were already identified in Revelation 7, they are simply mentioned as a group in the fourteenth chapter. 12,000 of them are still from the tribe of Levi.
What did you think those 144,000 were doing during the tribulation

Their believers and they'll be preaching THE GOSPEL prior to the 1000 year reign

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jer 33: 20,21- Thus says the LORD:" If you can break My covenant with the day and My covenant with the night, so that there will not be day and night in their season, then My covenant may also be broken with David my servant, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne, and with the Levites, the priests, My ministers"

I'm having a hard time reconciling this passage with what is said in Hebrews, especially chp. 8. I'm not going to write that all here because everyone has their own bible they can read or they can look it up on the internet.

This is something I saw as a discrepancy in the past but I put it away for a little while and now I'm back at it again. If I'm understanding Hebrews correctly, it is stating that the Levitical priesthood came to an end " ... For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law." ( Heb. 7:12) But when I reat the Old testament, it sounds like the Levites will still be priests in the future.

I'm going to do some more studying on my own, but I wanted to first make this thread to see what other people thought about it.

The Levitical priesthood's job is material, here on earth, in the Temple.

The priesthood of Jesus is in the heavenly tabernacle and is spiritual.

There is no problem here.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking forward to hear what you learn from your study. I love that kind of stuff. :)

The point of the passages in Hebrews 7 and 8 is that Jesus is superior to the High Priest. It doesn't say the priesthood was set aside, it says the regulation was set aside because it made nothing perfect. The Old Testament sacrifices made nothing perfect but Christ made atonement once and for all:

Unlike the other high priests, he does not need to offer sacrifices day after day, first for his own sins, and then for the sins of the people. He sacrificed for their sins once for all when he offered himself. (Heb. 7:27)
During the millennial kingdom the priesthood will offer sacrifices looking back to the cross, just as the previous sacrifices looked forward to it. I don't know if there will be literal blood sacrifices but there will be a Levitical ministry during the thousand year reign of Christ. They didn't just make sin and trespass offerings, they had a music ministry and their cities were dispersed throughout Israel to teach the Law. Israel was always intended to be a ministry to bring the truth of God to the world. Focused on worship they were destined to take the word of God to the world.

The road into Jerusalem will be called the way of holiness. The New Jerusalem will not just be a ministry to Israel but to the world. In the days of Ezra, when the walls were finished Ezra read the Law to a crowd of 40,000 returned exiles in the Kidron Valley. This is where, I believe, Jesus delivered the Sermon of the Mount. As Ezra read the Law the priests mingled among the crowd giving the gist of the meaning, their ministry was focused on worship and teaching.

Picture the scene, the tents people dwelled in during the feast of booths (Tabernacles) scattered throughout the hillside. Ezra is reading the Law, the smell of incense and bread would have filled the air as people with their families settled in and listened to the priest explain the Law, asking questions and hearing the explanation. Then imagine the scene as Christ walks through the Kidron Valley, taking his seat on the hillside and delivering his inaugural sermon in a similar fashion. Now try to picture the scene with a huge valley having replaced the slope with the whole world coming in through the east gate.

My point is simply this, Israel will have a ministry in the New Jerusalem during the thousand year reign of Christ. A teaching and music ministry I think, with the Temple being filled with the glory of God. With the priest of the new Levitical covenant telling all of the day when God will come out of that Temple and his glory will fill the whole earth. Then try to imagine that going on for a thousand years.

Grace and peace,
Mark
This is your post mark.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

There is a problem here

Wil they be reinstating and offering up sacrifices in the temple

If so

That's a big problem here

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Haggai 2 declares all men unclean. Even the priests before HIM

So does Romans 3 for that matter.

Ezra 3 shows that even before the foundation was laid (before men's hands were involved) the people brought their offerings.

Not only that Ezra required the men to provide proof of their priestly line before their laying a hand to building or any of the priestly duties

Of course they did.

Zechariah 4 declares that "Zerubsbbrl" will lay the foundation and his hand will complete it

Zerubabbel we know is a lower shadow pointing to CHRIST

Zerubbabel was also a descendant from the house of David.

And HES already building THE HOUSE

And those in THAT HOUSE would never go back to the former shadows of all the truths and realities found in JESUS CHRIST

Opinions vary, generally the idea that Levites will resume a new covenant type of ministry is a well established one. I don't think they will offer blood sacrifices but I'm sure they will have some kind of teaching and music ministry. Levites didn't just make blood sacrifices, they were also responsible for teaching the Law. It makes sense that they would be teaching during the Millennial kingdom, probably a lot along the lines that Jesus did at the sermon on the mount.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is a problem here

Wil they be reinstating and offering up sacrifices in the temple

If so

That's a big problem here
There is one issue I have with it.

The nursing child will play by the hole of the cobra, And the weaned child will put his hand on the viper's den. They will not hurt or destroy in all My holy mountain, For the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD As the waters cover the sea. Then in that day The nations will resort to the root of Jesse, Who will stand as a signal for the peoples; And His resting place will be glorious. (Isaiah 11:8-10)
It seems unlikely they would be sacrificing animals under those circumstances. There were other sacrifices, the meal offering was flour mixed with incense. They also had a teaching and a music ministry.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The priesthood of Jesus is eternal and everlasting

And supersedes the earthly priesthood

Upvote 0