The Cost Of Illegal Immigrants In America?

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fair

The Cost of Illegal Immigration to the United States

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens. That amounts to a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of $115,894,597,664. The total cost of illegal immigration to U.S. taxpayers is both staggering and crippling. In 2013, FAIR estimated the total cost to be approximately $113 billion. So, in under four years, the cost has risen nearly $3 billion. This is a disturbing and unsustainable trend. The sections below will break down and further explain these numbers at the federal, state, and local levels.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Fair

At the federal, state, and local levels, taxpayers shell out approximately $134.9 billion to cover the costs incurred by the presence of more than 12.5 million illegal aliens, and about 4.2 million citizen children of illegal aliens. That amounts to a tax burden of approximately $8,075 per illegal alien family member and a total of $115,894,597,664. The total cost of illegal immigration to U.S. taxpayers is both staggering and crippling. In 2013, FAIR estimated the total cost to be approximately $113 billion. So, in under four years, the cost has risen nearly $3 billion. This is a disturbing and unsustainable trend. The sections below will break down and further explain these numbers at the federal, state, and local levels.
I think the problem is that people who are in favor of illegal immigration think that no one is illegal, no matter how costly it can be.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the problem is that people who are in favor of illegal immigration think that no one is illegal, no matter how costly it can be.
So they can pay from their own pockets ,not force others to pay for them .

Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think those in favor of illegal immigration have personal gain in the matter.

If im paying the bill it's a bad thing.

And as far as somebody thinking there is no such thing as illegal immigration?

"Big Smiles" to that one:oldthumbsup:

If it's has no limitation to cost, see how many are willing to give their property and bank accounts to support them?

"Big Smiles" to that one toooo!

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think those in favor of illegal immigration have personal gain in the matter.

If im paying the bill it's a bad thing.

And as far as somebody thinking there is no such thing as illegal immigration?

"Big Smiles" to that one:oldthumbsup:
I hear some people saying it's not even Christian to not help illegal immigrants.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear some people saying it's not even Christian to not help illegal immigrants.
Charity starts at home, America can't support the world, 47 million migrants currently are here, 20 trillon in debt, border is closed!

Possibly we can start an exchange program, those that are compelled can give their citizenship to a migrant, you gonna do it?

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Charity starts at home, America can't support the world, 47 million migrants currently are here, 20 trillon in debt, border is closed!
Sincerely, I think that illegal immigration even hurts legal immigrants that spend a lot of time and resources to come here the right way.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps it is not, to refuse them compassion as individuals. But that does not require that we make it easy for them to enter the US illegally.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sincerely, I think that illegal immigration even hurts legal immigrants that spend a lot of time and resources to come here the right way.
Like many countries do, if you have a big bank account with a bond held, a benefit to thd country, things are more favorable for migration, asset to the country, fact!

If you own a business, you gonna hire a guy that is 60 years old, low skills, with 20 dependants to put on your medical insurance plan?

Immigration is the same, young talent, or big bank accounts, assets to the country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,070.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I think there is another issue that is mostly to Americans. Illegals also cost us jobs. Some Americans are out of work or can't find jobs because they are taken by illegals. There is another part to that (unemployment) but this thread is not the place to discuss that.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there is another issue that is mostly to Americans. Illegals also cost us jobs. Some Americans are out of work or can't find jobs because they are taken by illegals. There is another part to that (unemployment) but this thread is not the place to discuss that.
Sure illegals taking jobs can be discussed, there are many more issues not seen in the OP

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fair

Sure illegals taking jobs can be discussed, there are many more issues not seen in the OP
I agree that there are many more issues not seen in OP. Some benefits are hidden. For instance, they do make the USA a more intelligent, less violent, and less crime ridden country.

The Myth of the Criminal Immigrant - The New York Times
From an Economic and Civic Standpoint, Immigrants Are Good for the Country

Why Immigrants' Children Do Better in School

So if you want a smarter, more educated, safer, less violent society, you should be letting in all the illegal immigrants you can. Do you not want these things for your society?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree that there are many more issues not seen in OP. Some benefits are hidden. For instance, they do make the USA a more intelligent, less violent, and less crime ridden country.

The Myth of the Criminal Immigrant - The New York Times
From an Economic and Civic Standpoint, Immigrants Are Good for the Country

Why Immigrants' Children Do Better in School

So if you want a smarter, more educated, safer, less violent society, you should be letting in all the illegal immigrants you can. Do you not want these things for your society?
Your country "Greece" is falling apart at the seams right now, unemployment and debt?

Your talking about immigration, "Big Smiles"!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,073.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Your country "Greece" is falling apart at the seams right now, unemployment and debt?

Your country has problems therefore your point is invalid? I think we need to come up with a new logical fallacy. Ad Patriam

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes. I do have to giggle at comments like these. They have no idea that many groups send funding, and manpower all over the globe to help individuals/towns/villages/etc. It's no small endeavor, and it many cases its been going on for years. You also have organizations that help within the our country as well. They normally do this because no one else does.

I think they use comments like this to bait people anyway. It tends to used in a groupthink type of environment. It's normally used when they can't think of anything else to say. Its a rather lazy debate skill, and its easier to place people in a box claiming they hate something, etc then it is to hear. Stereotyping and putting out claims like this seems to be general fare today.

Pitting people against each other instead of learning to agree to disagree I think is a tool. It's a tool to control people in hopes they will follow like little lambs, and round about way to take power. It's a deflection that people in power use so other's don't keep such a close eye on them. If people knew history? It's not a new thing, and has been used many times before. People get mad at that and demand you show examples - lol which of course proves the point that they don't know history!

• Agree
Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

What has this to do with fact that illegal immigrants make USA smarter, better educated, safer, and less violent?

Do you not want these things for your society?

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What has this to do with fact that illegal immigrants make USA smarter, better educated, safer, and less violent?

Do you not want these things for your society?
The truth about crime, illegal immigrants and sanctuary cities

The Hill

The relationship between illegal immigrants and violent crime

Research conducted by the federal government oversight organization Judicial Water n 2014 documents that 50 percent of all federal crimes were committed near our border with Mexico.

Of the 61,529 criminal cases filed by federal prosecutors; 40 percent or 24,746 were in court districts along the southern borders of California, Arizona and Texas.

The Western District of Texas had the nation’s most significant crime rate with over 6,300 cases filed; followed by the Southern District of Texas with slightly over 6,000 cases.

The Southern California District with nearly 4,900 cases; New Mexico with nearly 4,000 cases and Arizona with over 3,500 criminal cases ranked 3rd, 4th and 5th.

The U.S. Department of Justice documents that in 2014, 19 percent or over 12,000 criminal cases filed by prosecutors were for violent crimes; and over 22 percent or 13,300 cases were for drug related felonies.

That same year, the U.S. Sentencing Commission found that 75 percent of all criminal defendants who were convicted and sentenced for federal drug offenses were illegal immigrants. Illegal immigrants were also involved in 17 percent of all drug trafficking sentences and one third of all federal prison sentences.

The U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Sentencing Commission reported that as of 2014, illegal immigrants were convicted and sentenced for over 13 percent of all crimes committed in the U.S.

According to the FBI, 67,642 murders were committed in the U.S. from 2005 through 2008, and 115,717 from 2003 through 2009. The General Accounting Office documents that criminal immigrants committed 25,064 of these murders.

Illegal immigrants clearly commit a level of violent and drug related crimes disproportionate to their population.

In California alone, over 2,400 illegal immigrants out of a total prison population of 130,000 are imprisoned in the state’s prison system for the crime of homicide.

The extreme costs of keeping illegal immigrant criminals in this country

According to research and statistics by the U.S. Departments of Justice and Homeland Security, U.S. taxpayers are footing an annual bill of nearly $19 million a day to house and care for an estimated 300,000 to 450,000 convicted criminal immigrants who are eligible for deportation and are currently residing in local jails and state and federal prisons across the country.

These figures include not only those immigrants who are in the U.S. illegally, but all immigrants here who commit and have been convicted of crimes. Other accounting estimates indicate that the total cost for all corrections, medical and support services for adults and juvenile immigrant criminals nationally to be over $1.8 billion dollars.

Last edited:
Upvote 0