SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
The Coronavirus Becomes a Battle Cry for U.S. Extremists
America’s extremists are attempting to turn the coronavirus pandemic into a potent recruiting tool both in the deep corners of the internet and on the streets of state capitals by twisting the public health crisis to bolster their white supremacist, anti-government agenda.

Although the protests that have broken out across the country have drawn out a wide variety of people pressing to lift stay-at-home orders, the presence of extremists cannot be missed, with their anti-immigrant and anti-Semitic signs and coded messages aimed at inspiring the faithful, say those who track such movements.
Where I'm from, we call those terrorists.

Look at these armed patriots!
_112053965_gettyimages-1211398264.jpg

But we all know the real threat...
_90358010_mediaitem90345722.jpg

photo_19939_landscape_650x433.jpg

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, at least the protestors carrying assault weapons; waving Nazi propaganda and flags; screeching conspiracy theories about vaccination; and aggressively antagonizing law enforcement didn't have the audacity to peacefully protest by kneeling on a football field while the anthem was played.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

This is world wide. And it is not about a virus. If you have not figured out in the last 5 years there is a populist movement to teardown the establishment... don't know what to tell you. We even have a president that sought to contend with the powers that be. This is all shocking right? Next people will be amazed at the shocking revelation of people in high places getting arrested.

'We never saw it coming'.....

• Winner
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, at least the protestors carrying assault weapons; waving Nazi propaganda and flags; screeching conspiracy theories about vaccination; and aggressively antagonizing law enforcement didn't have the audacity to peacefully protest by kneeling on a football field while the anthem was played.
I wasn't expecting any mention of Antifa, or Occupy Wall Street, so I wasn't disappointed that real terrorists didn't come in for any mention.. But go ahead and tell us how shouting at the police is what we really need to fear from "terrorists" (see pic) but not the destruction of stores and trashing whole blocks of the downtown areas of major cities.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This is world wide. And it is not about a virus. If you have not figured out in the last 5 years there is a populist movement to teardown the establishment... don't know what to tell you. We even have a president that sought to contend with the powers that be. This is all shocking right? Next people will be amazed at the shocking revelation of people in high places getting arrested.

The irony of this brand of populism is that the leaders tend to be more authoritarian, more corrupt, and more incompetent than the abusive, neglectful elites they’re supposed to replace.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The irony of this brand of populism is that the leaders tend to be more authoritarian, more corrupt, and more incompetent than the abusive, neglectful elites they’re supposed to replace.

So it goes with conflicting factions. It is always 'them', not 'us' that have the issues. 'We' are correct, 'they' are wrong. Human nature I suppose... tribalism? However one wishes to term it, that's just how this goes.

This isn't a surprise. The kettle has been on the fire for quite some time now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

It's true.

We should take their guns away before they start shooting at people.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It's a sad fact of life that crackpots, misfits, and yahoos always come out in desperate times.
We've already discussed how difficult it is to get rid of them by means of a recall election, but I am wondering if someone in some state or other will not give it a try in the near future.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Where I'm from, we call those terrorists.

Look at these armed patriots!
_112053965_gettyimages-1211398264.jpg

But we all know the real threat...
_90358010_mediaitem90345722.jpg

photo_19939_landscape_650x433.jpg

The world is global, but The world hasn't accepted that yet. This is all a show for the final curtain call.

These things must happen - at the time they happen - to destabilize the nation, collapse the financial core and ultimately morale and idea of America.

Yes I'm crazy, stupid, ignorant, [insert flippant cliche scoffing nomenclature here), but what is happening is basic war strategy. Instead, the people are being used to justify what will happen next. Our complicity in privileges we know others can't afford, our ignorance, our want for comfort and security over real freedom, our ability to qualify the truth into subjective pieces... We have already given over America.

Enjoy this period of transition we are working hard to complete (i.e. the collapse of the States); when it is over the lawlessness in law enforcement and draconian measured we were warned about will seem like nothing compared to what we will allow.

White supremacists are emotional in their hate and delusion, so they make easy pawns to use to bring discord - and therefore introduce a solution already made beforehand. Since they have infiltrated all facets of Law Enforcement, it is understandable how these sentiments can be well organized, and how law enforcement is sympathetic to their activities. We were warned about this and we just laughed. Now it's time to accept the inevitable. Everyone has a role to play; most Americans have accepted the roll as cattle as long as there is a illusion of green pastures and the fencing protects them from other animals - ignorant to the fact that their overall use is for slaughter.

• Useful
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't expecting any mention of Antifa, or Occupy Wall Street, so I wasn't disappointed that real terrorists didn't come in for any mention.. But go ahead and tell us how shouting at the police is what we really need to fear from "terrorists" (see pic) but not the destruction of stores and trashing whole blocks of the downtown areas of major cities.

Antifa you may have a thing about, but what did occupy wall street do other then sit down and block off traffic in some areas, there was more violence from the police and police instigators, then OWS itself.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Although the protests that have broken out across the country have drawn out a wide variety of people pressing to lift stay-at-home orders, the presence of extremists cannot be missed, with their anti-immigrant and anti-Semitic signs and coded messages aimed at inspiring the faithful, say those who track such movements.

We have extremists coming out in every large type of protest. Why this is a HUGE surprise is beyond me.

I'm more concerned with the 'people pressing to left stay-at-home orders' myself.

I see more stories diverting their concerns due to talk about these extreme groups. Stories about people not being able to pay rent, losing everything, and going hungry? No concern. Why? 'Did you see those extremists that can' be missed?'

(eye rolls)

Another article written by a person whom is getting a paycheck to promote something I guess the NY Time would rather speak about - compared to devastation happening all over the world.

Unbelievable.

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I see more stories diverting their concerns due to talk about these extreme groups. Stories about people not being able to pay rent, losing everything, and going hungry? No concern. Why? 'Did you see those extremists that can' be missed?'

Why? Because people have not been able to pay rent, were losing everything, and going hungry long before COVID-19 and no one cared then either.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,300.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why? Because people have not been able to pay rent, were losing everything, and going hungry long before COVID-19 and no one cared then either.

Was all that government imposed too? Or are you just conflating completely different circumstances in an attempt to equivocate?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So, you agree the NYT doesn't care about those things. No wonder they publish such things.

Upvote 0