Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Le 23:10 Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits 07225 of your harvest unto the priest: {sheaf: or, handful: Heb. omer }
Firstfruits here is an english translation.
07225 ראשׁית re’shiyth ray-sheeth’, Not bikkuwr
And sheaf is of course an omer.
The Greek is another matter.

If you would rather call it Yom Reshit, that is fine too! It is still the first fruits of barley that are waived...

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
If you would rather call it Yom Reshit, that is fine too! It is still the first fruits of barley that are waived...
It's not about what one prefers to call things. The only reason someone would have a preference to do that is to make scripture agree with them. An example of the confusion on this stuff is the Passover itself. The high priest not defiling himself that he might eat the Passover was speaking of the chagigah for the priests that were offered throughout the seven days of the feast of unleavened bread (Josephus speaks of these things as a feast for the priests etc.). He wasn't talking about the Passover slaughtered on the 14th. It can cause confusion and needless arguments.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's not about what one prefers to call things. The only reason someone would have a preference to do that is to make scripture agree with them. An example of the confusion on this stuff is the Passover itself. The high priest not defiling himself that he might eat the Passover was speaking of the chagigah for the priests that were offered throughout the seven days of the feast of unleavened bread (Josephus speaks of these things as a feast for the priests etc.). He wasn't talking about the Passover slaughtered on the 14th. It can cause confusion and needless arguments.

LOL you are wrong there too!

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Thanks I can try

Ceremonial Sabbath fasts are used as parables or figures .All ceremonial shadows pointed ahead before time of the suffering of Christ our bloody husband and the glory to come. (it is finished the veil is rent.)

Many of those shadows of the good things to come became substance at the first century reformation. The work of Christ's faith or labor of love became substance .

The true sabbath, actual eternal rest will not appear until the new heaven and earth in our new bodies .

Now under the Sun called today we have a shadow of that rest (sabbath) if yoked with Christ by what the bible calls mixing faith . (Hebrew 4:1-4).

Again not to confuse the ceremonial rest as a "fast" (getting the gospel out to the world). with the rest (sabbath) we do receive when anytime we do hear his voice having mixed what is seen or heard with faith our load is lighter.

The sufferings will not be totaling taken away again under the Sun.

That ceremonial law (rest) survived the reformation as well as the ceremony of the washing of water used when a person has a desire to go out into the world with the gospel, the new kingdom of priests men and woman from all the nations of the world.

One new ceremonial law was added to represent the restored order of the reformation .The breaking of bread and drinikng of the blood of grapes .Tt is accompanied with the hair covering for the woman along with the hair or head unconverted for the man . Togethter again they represent the new order of peace.

If any of the elements of the whole are missing then that ceremonial law as a shadow of the wedding supper in the new heavens and earth is made to no effect.

Many sects today abuse the hair covering for female, and unconverted head or hair for male, as a long gone fashion statement for the time period. and keep the other half of the shadow ,(bread and blood of grapes used to represent the flesh and blood of the Son of man )

This is as if the reformation never came and Jewish women (one high wall that separated )and men and woman gentiles were separated like the old order. When Jewish woman and gentiles could not participate in the ceremonies. Again the purpose of the new ceremonial ordinance a sign to the world. That God is the father of all nations. . right on time .

Hebrews 9:9-10 Which was a figure (parable) for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The FEAST of weeks (Chag Shavuot)...the DAY (Yom) of firstfruits...
So, we agree then? That pentecost is yom ha bikkurim?
what about that do you not understand?? Why is this SOOO hard for you to understand? READ the scriptures I provided!!!!!!!!!
Um read your own portion above? But yes I have already read Lev 23.
The fiftieth day
Lev 23:16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.

Also called the bread of the firstfruits (bikkuwr.)

17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits #01061 unto the LORD.

20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread <03899> of the firstfruits <01061> for a wave offering before the LORD , with the two lambs : they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest .

Which numbers 28 calls the day of first fruits. Glad we can agree?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It means its a shadow as a cerimoninil law or carnal ordinance. No spiritual value in knowing Christ.

That is not what it means.

In 1 Cor 5 Paul says "Christ our Passover has been slain" -- he does not say "Passover provides no spiritual value in knowing Christ" (as if God had made a mistake).

(But this entire point seems to be off topic for the thread.. .or am I missing something??)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
So, we agree then? That pentecost is yom ha bikkurim?

Um read your own portion above? But yes I have already read Lev 23.
The fiftieth day
Lev 23:16 Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the LORD.

Also called the bread of the firstfruits (bikkuwr.)

17 Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits #01061 unto the LORD.

20 And the priest shall wave them with the bread <03899> of the firstfruits <01061> for a wave offering before the LORD , with the two lambs : they shall be holy to the LORD for the priest .

Which numbers 28 calls the day of first fruits. Glad we can agree?

They are both. The harvest season for barley is in Nisan and the harvest season for wheat is in Sivan. The omer is counted one to the other. Leviticus 23:9-21

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
They are both. The harvest season for barley is in Nisan and the harvest season for wheat is in Sivan. The omer is counted one to the other. Leviticus 23:9-21
They are both? What is they? Yoms? feasts? Not according to scripture, not according to Hebrew either. Now it's seasons? Not yom? hmm. Sure the seasons have harvests of course.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
The question is what is serving God? Circumcision is still necessary to partake of Passover. So "serving God" means what?

No need for more questions.You need to answer that which was asked.You claimed that what was being determined in Acts 15,was that which was to be taught in Jewish synagogues.The question again:

Would Jewish synagogues be teaching persons that circumcision was no longer needed for those serving the God of Israel.

serve- to be a servant to;to comply with the commands or demands of.

Upvote 0

safswan

Nov 15, 2005
✟30,710.00
Faith
Christian
Hi thanks

I understand the Hebrew plural of shābhūa' in the Old testament used a word for to equal 7 days and it rings true .

But the problem is the new testament they did not have a Greek word for seven days . Evdomáda was used for seven days which was coined much later not when originally inspired.

Sabbaths (rests plural), never be come the word week a time sensitive word singular

I am not understanding the Gil quote below. What is the stationary men and and what is four fasting mean . Which fast ?

"the stationary men go into the synagogue, and sit four fastings; בשני בשבת, "on the second of the sabbath", or "week": on the third, and on the fourth, and on the fifth.''

The tithe that accompanied the shadow or fast it would seem would come on the same day, not twice in week. using the word week makes the rest a time sensitive word

uke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess

It only makes sense when properly defined . Rather than three meals on the day of rest one an bragged he only ate two .

I fast twice in the sabbath the in rest day , I give tithes of all that I possess same day . There is no eating twice in the week and tithing twice. Its all one false brag in false humility

It becomes “towards the first of,"sabbaths" or rests (new era) not the first of seven days, but Sunday the new rest as a shadow of the eternal , not week of rest .eating twice in a week.

The point of the first article was to show the writers/speakers of the texts in question who were Hebrew,apparently used the Hebrew reckoning of the days of the week as first,second, of Sabbaths.

The Gill article shows it was common for there to be particular days set aside for fasting as the translators have determined.Nothing in scripture describes sunday as any new rest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The point of the first article was to show the writers/speakers of the texts in question who were Hebrew,apparently used the Hebrew reckoning of the days of the week as first,second, of Sabbaths.

The Gill article shows it was common for there to be particular days set aside for fasting as the translators have determined.Nothing in scripture describes sunday as any new rest.

The word is rests translated Sabbaths it is a non-time sensitive word. Not week evdomáda. The word week was added it was not part of inspiration from heaven. The Greek did not even coin the word week till much later.

The Youngs literal translated the word Sabbaths (rests) , Sabbaths rests) in Mathew 28 in order to introduce the new era of a shadow of a rest the first day of the week evdomáda . The day he said let; “there be light” as the very presence of God therefore introducing the new creation, Christian, the bride of all the nations of the world, children of light, as sons of God. . The ceremonial Sabbath as a gospel fast performed as sign to the whole world.

A gospel sign to the world .Not a sign to those who perform it as a work accredited to one’s own account. The other 9 uses of the word week new testament follow the majority of opinions offered by other translators change the word from non-time sensitive to one sensitive to time "week" and not "rest". . .

I would think overzealous mankind in false pride trying to make a non-time sensitive word into one sensitive to time restraints. .

The temporal rest we receive today or called under the Sun is this present world. .Any time we hear his voice and harden not our hearts knowing it is Christ who alone can make the soft. Again daily yoked with him it makes our load lighter (wage of sin, death through dying) .

The eternal rest will come when we receive our new incorruptible bodies .Then there will be no sufferings when we lay in those green pastures.

Until then there is a ceremonial shadow(1) and a temporal daily rest(2) if we mix faith the unseen will of God in what we do hear or say . .

Then verse like below will ring true tithing on the same day we share our substance with those not as fortunate.

The gospel fast is much more that eating or not eating .The true fast is revealed in Isaiah 58 as a "parable" or called "hidden mana" in Revelation 2:17 .

One man bragged he only ate two of the allowable meals of the day of fast which includes a tithe among others

(My interpretation ) I fast twice in the Sabbath , I give tithes of all that I possess.

Not like what I would call overzealous time sensitive time keepers.

Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

While I am no scholar a good understanding of the purpose of ceremonial laws as shadows of the good things to come. Searching the whole bible for each use can benefit the whole understanding. It can open up other understanding seeing. Its all one revelation (shadows of the good things to come as well as what is here and together reveals the gospel or hidden understanding.(faith) called hidden manna in Revelation 2 (mysteries of faith hid in parables. .)

Another place we can view that which I think supports what I am offering.. There were two days set aside for the rest ceremony or shadow when a person was not required to do the labor (5 days) The work it takes to maintain their life of the flesh, necessary food shelter and clothing. . .

One day of the ceremony (preparation) of the two days as an shadow of good things to come it was set aside for all the different preparations ( Gather nanna . gather fire wood etc) needed to prepare the manna which would be eaten and shared on the next day the day of the fast.

The manna must be cooked on preparation day or it turned into to worms used to represent death.

To be used on the day of the fast. . or the day of eating and sharing ones whole life the true fast food, clothing and shelter a time to share the gospel fast the kind of fast that the disciples knew not of and therefore could not be part of casting out spirits of lies.

Nothing could be added to that shadow of the gospel or taken away from it.

On one occasion to be used as a example. One person for some reason purposely ignored the law of a shadow of the good thing to come (eternal rest) and gathered sticks on the day the manna was to be eaten. The warning bake them the day before or they were turn in worms signifying death . Twice used below to emphasize he mentions gathering sticks .

There is no law of not keeping warm on the Sabbath . many oral tradition have been added by some Rabbi

Numbers 15:32-36 King James Version (KJV) And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟479,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The word is rests translated Sabbaths it is a non-time sensitive word. Not week evdomáda. The word week was added it was not part of inspiration from heaven. The Greek did not even coin the word week till much later.

The Youngs literal translated the word Sabbaths (rests) , Sabbaths rests) in Mathew 28 in order to introduce the new era of a shadow of a rest the first day of the week evdomáda . The day he said let; “there be light” as the very presence of God therefore introducing the new creation, Christian, the bride of all the nations of the world, children of light, as sons of God. . The ceremonial Sabbath as a gospel fast performed as sign to the whole world.

A gospel sign to the world .Not a sign to those who perform it as a work accredited to one’s own account. The other 9 uses of the word week new testament follow the majority of opinions offered by other translators change the word from non-time sensitive to one sensitive to time "week" and not "rest". . .

I would think overzealous mankind in false pride trying to make a non-time sensitive word into one sensitive to time restraints. .

The temporal rest we receive today or called under the Sun is this present world. .Any time we hear his voice and harden not our hearts knowing it is Christ who alone can make the soft. Again daily yoked with him it makes our load lighter (wage of sin, death through dying) .

The eternal rest will come when we receive our new incorruptible bodies .Then there will be no sufferings when we lay in those green pastures.

Until then there is a ceremonial shadow(1) and a temporal daily rest(2) if we mix faith the unseen will of God in what we do hear or say . .

Then verse like below will ring true tithing on the same day we share our substance with those not as fortunate.

The gospel fast is much more that eating or not eating .The true fast is revealed in Isaiah 58 as a "parable" or called "hidden mana" in Revelation 2:17 .

One man bragged he only ate two of the allowable meals of the day of fast which includes a tithe among others

(My interpretation ) I fast twice in the Sabbath , I give tithes of all that I possess.

Not like what I would call overzealous time sensitive time keepers.

Luke 18:12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

While I am no scholar a good understanding of the purpose of ceremonial laws as shadows of the good things to come. Searching the whole bible for each use can benefit the whole understanding. It can open up other understanding seeing. Its all one revelation (shadows of the good things to come as well as what is here and together reveals the gospel or hidden understanding.(faith) called hidden manna in Revelation 2 (mysteries of faith hid in parables. .)

Another place we can view that which I think supports what I am offering.. There were two days set aside for the rest ceremony or shadow when a person was not required to do the labor (5 days) The work it takes to maintain their life of the flesh, necessary food shelter and clothing. . .

One day of the ceremony (preparation) of the two days as an shadow of good things to come it was set aside for all the different preparations ( Gather nanna . gather fire wood etc) needed to prepare the manna which would be eaten and shared on the next day the day of the fast.

The manna must be cooked on preparation day or it turned into to worms used to represent death.

To be used on the day of the fast. . or the day of eating and sharing ones whole life the true fast food, clothing and shelter a time to share the gospel fast the kind of fast that the disciples knew not of and therefore could not be part of casting out spirits of lies.

Nothing could be added to that shadow of the gospel or taken away from it.

On one occasion to be used as a example. One person for some reason purposely ignored the law of a shadow of the good thing to come (eternal rest) and gathered sticks on the day the manna was to be eaten. The warning bake them the day before or they were turn in worms signifying death . Twice used below to emphasize he mentions gathering sticks .

There is no law of not keeping warm on the Sabbath . many oral tradition have been added by some Rabbi

Numbers 15:32-36 King James Version (KJV) And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation. And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him. And the Lord said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the Lord commanded Moses

There is more than one Sabbath in the Bible and you are confusing them. The weekly Sabbath is time sensitive because God said so :

8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

Psalm 119:15 You are near O Lord, And all Your commandments are truth.

The Sabbath is God's chosen Holy day. Every seventh day (a time and law) is His Holy Sabbath and He asked us to not conduct any work but to keep it Holy. The Sabbath is the day Jesus kept and He is also our example. The Sabbath will be kept in Heaven Isaiah 66:23 because it is God's special day He implemented for all of us at creation Genesis 2:3. Our God is unchanging and every Saturday is His Holy Sabbath day.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
They are both? What is they? Yoms? feasts? Not according to scripture, not according to Hebrew either. Now it's seasons? Not yom? hmm. Sure the seasons have harvests of course.

WHY is this SOOOO difficult for you to understand?!?!?!?!? The barley harvest begins on Yom HaBikkurim, the morning after the Sabbath of Pesakh when the firstfruits of the barley sheaf is waived. It lasts for 50 days until Shavuot, the feast of weeks, when the firstfruits of wheat are presented (the start of the wheat harvest). READ Leviticus 23:4-22

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
WHY is this SOOOO difficult for you to understand?!?!?!?!? The barley harvest begins on Yom HaBikkurim, the morning after the Sabbath of Pesakh when the firstfruits of the barley sheaf is waived. It lasts for 50 days until Shavuot, the feast of weeks, when the firstfruits of wheat are presented (the start of the wheat harvest). READ Leviticus 23:4-22
What you are presenting is not Hebrew scripture. That's a fact I have already presented to you. It appears that is to difficult for you to accept, not me.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
What you are presenting is not Hebrew scripture. That's a fact I have already presented to you. It appears that is to difficult for you to accept, not me.

How is it not Hebrew?!?!? I gave you scriptures from the Torah!!! Leviticus 23:4-22 is not Torah in your opinion???

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0