Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Caviezel is a rare bird in Hollywood. His career aspirations had nothing to do with fame or money.

‘Ididn’t get invited by Hollywood to come to this industry,” actor Jim Caviezel says. It was God — not the executives, the talent agents, nor the filmmakers — that gave him his acting talent. “God believed in me, that He wanted me to be an actor. I felt it in my heart very deeply.”

A man of deep faith and conviction, Caviezel broke into Hollywood with an exceptional role in Terrence Malick’s 1998 war film The Thin Red Line. In 2004, he played Jesus in Mel Gibson’s international blockbuster The Passion of the Christ. Caviezel’s latest movie Infidel, directed by his friend Cyrus Nowrasteh, tells the story of an American journalist who is imprisoned by the Iranian regime after speaking out against the government’s Islamic totalitarianism. It is slated for release in four days.

Caviezel is a rare bird in Hollywood. His career aspirations had nothing to do with fame or money. He is motivated by something more profound than what usually drives a talented Hollywood star: fame and treasure.

Continued below.
Jim Caviezel's ‘Infidel’ Role & His Faith -- The Actor's Convictions | National Review

Reactions: venksta

venksta

Jesus is humanity's most successful rebel.
May 12, 2004
Kingdom of God
✟81,920.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One of my favorite actors. Its always fun watching him on the screen. Person of Interest is one of my favorite shows. I was surprised a movie actor, of his caliber, took on a TV series, when it had premiered. I also recall a story, that Jim got struck by lightning, while filming Passion of the Christ? And the coincidence of his initials "J.C.".

Upvote 0