The Contradiction: Messages about God's Mercy, Love, and Grace and Messages about Judgment...?

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What if there are temporary and/or permanent factors, damage, baggage, circumstances, situations, ect, or whatever, that "stunt a person's growth" or forward moral progress or whatever...?

I think that what ultimately matters is the heart's leaning. Those who value what God values (i.e. peace, joy, love, etc.) will continue to press toward God despite their circumstances ...

And do we do it or have to choose it, or does God do it...?

I think that we get to choose it, though the choice may be conditioned by our nature/nurture ...

What if some give up for a time due to those bumps...?

Makes for a longer journey, I guess.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Contradiction: Messages about God's Mercy, Love, Kindness, Compassion, Forgiveness and Grace, justification by Faith alone, and all that, that are all to clear (supposedly)... And then, messages about Judgment, that are also, all to clear (supposedly) (and/or on the "surface" anyway)...?

How do we reconcile these, for they seem opposed...?

Most of know the Grace, Mercy, Love, Compassion, ect, verses and ways and theology (well, most of us anyway) for that is even known and can be known in and by the heart, or a person's heart, or knowing hearts, (or the hearts of men/man) alone...

But what about the verses about Judgment...? that (to sum them all up), basically say that if you sin at all, you will not get into, nor ever see the Kingdom of God...?

This can be both Old or New Testament, doesn't matter, they basically all say that if you sin (at all) you do not "get in" (to Heaven)...

So, what do we do about this...?

Does it mean if you "continue in these sins by the end", or what...? But/and also because many say that logically it is impossible for any of us to be sinless, and I would agree with that, but the Messages about Judgment are still there, (along with Grace), and they are, or appear to be very, or all too clear, at least on the surface...?

What do we do about this...?

We do know that, almost nearly always, at least with us, that if we try to do away with and/or conquer sin in our own strength, it will not work, except for only deceiving a person into thinking they have, or do, or are, or can ever be, basically, 100% totally sinless...

Ideas...? Thoughts...?

God Bless!
No contradiction at all since we know that Scripture does not contradict itself. The scriptures distinguish between occasional sin which all believers do since no one with without sin according to 1 John 1:8,10. IF a believers walks in the light but occasionally sins - upon repentance his sins are cleansed by the blood (v.7).
However, that does not pertain to believers who practice sin. Instead of walking in the light, such believers walk in darkness (v.6) and are children of the devil (1 Jn 3:8). The apostle Paul warned believers that if the live according to the flesh/practice sin, they will spiritually die. The practice of sin in the life of the believer is the evidence of an unrepentant heart. No repentance = no forgiveness. One must repent.

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
Los Angeles
✟8,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

There is no contradiction here. God’s grace, mercy and love are His response to our sinfulness seen in the propitiatory death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Judgement is what we all deserve and would receive without the work of Jesus. We are all born sinners and there is no remedy aside from Jesus. To be in His presence (for eternity, Heaven) requires perfection, and only Jesus was/is perfect. When we are born again in Christ, we take on Christ’s identity. God no longer sees us as sinners, all He sees is the perfection of Jesus. This is done by faith; faith in who Jesus is, and faith that we are now perfectly right with God through our union with Christ. If you are in sin, repent and accept His forgiveness. If you are living in freedom from sin, you will show the fruits of righteousness, which is God’s purpose in Christ that the world might be judged and He be glorified. Praise God!

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
No contradiction at all since we know that Scripture does not contradict itself. The scriptures distinguish between occasional sin which all believers do since no one with without sin according to 1 John 1:8,10. IF a believers walks in the light but occasionally sins - upon repentance his sins are cleansed by the blood (v.7).
However, that does not pertain to believers who practice sin. Instead of walking in the light, such believers walk in darkness (v.6) and are children of the devil (1 Jn 3:8). The apostle Paul warned believers that if the live according to the flesh/practice sin, they will spiritually die. The practice of sin in the life of the believer is the evidence of an unrepentant heart. No repentance = no forgiveness. One must repent.
What does "practicing sin" or a certain kind of sin mean...?

Do you mean thinking about it and dwelling on it, then doing it anyway, intentionally, or knowing it is wrong with forethought and plans and intentions to do that sin anyway, involved...? Is that what you mean by practicing sin...?

Or what about a habit and/or addictions, does that automatically send a person to hell, even a small thing like caffeine, or sugar, or food addictions or being a glutton...?

What about "behavioral addictions", that some may not know is sinful but is sinful and is (a) sin, or they might know but don't care about it, saying stubbornly, "that's just the way I am, and if you don't like it, ect, ect" but their behavior is clearly wrong and sinful, and they might tell you it's not cause either they are right and you are wrong, or them just saying, that's just the way they are, so deal with it, basically...

You do know that any kind of wrong behavior, at all, is sin, and we all have wrong behavior at times, and can even be addicted to those kinds of behaviors, or were predisposed to them at some point in our our past, and/or "programmed" that way basically, and they try to justify it and or flat out even deny it, or that it is not (a) sin or whatever, or saying they are (always) right, and your wrong, and they are not sinning and or a sinner, when they clearly are, and it is (sin)...

What about that aspect of it...?

And, I would also like to add, and say, "And of course you don't ever make a practice of any kind of sin at all anymore right...?" And if your answer is "no", then, sorry if I have a hard time believing that....

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello,

There is no contradiction here. God’s grace, mercy and love are His response to our sinfulness seen in the propitiatory death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Judgement is what we all deserve and would receive without the work of Jesus. We are all born sinners and there is no remedy aside from Jesus. To be in His presence (for eternity, Heaven) requires perfection, and only Jesus was/is perfect. When we are born again in Christ, we take on Christ’s identity. God no longer sees us as sinners, all He sees is the perfection of Jesus. This is done by faith; faith in who Jesus is, and faith that we are now perfectly right with God through our union with Christ. If you are in sin, repent and accept His forgiveness. If you are living in freedom from sin, you will show the fruits of righteousness, which is God’s purpose in Christ that the world might be judged and He be glorified. Praise God!
We are all in sin all our lives here, and there is no escaping it/that...?

There is not escaping it cause the more aware and knowledgeable you become (with sin) you will truly realize how narrow that narrow road "really is", and will know that you have failed and will continue to fail... (the real and true purpose of the Law)...

How much concern does a believer have to have about sin...? or, if you must, different kinds of sins, ect...?

I say "if you must", cause if you do do that, I find that very sinful in itself, but that's just me I guess... As very many and a lot of things are sin... Which is kind of my point, or part of my point, and we have to start from there, that is that, "everyone sins" and are all each equal sinners and each sin equally in God's eyes, and that is the judgement and we must start from there or that point...

So, how much does a believer have to be concerned about sin...? and what kinds of sins, are the most important, least important, ect...? if you or we must do that with them, that is, and only if we can do that without it being or becoming sinful...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think of sin in terms of good and bad. I consider sin to be “incorrect”. Some sin is definitely bad like murder, robbery, etc. but some sin is just being “incorrect”.

For example, few Christians would not argue that smoking is bad for you and thus a sin. What about the millions of lifelong Christian smokers from 1920 to 1970? Most of them probably never thought about it one way or the other. Did that make it bad? Nobody thought it was bad back then. It was certainly incorrect. If it’s a sin now, it was a sin back then. Did they all go to Hell? Of course not. But still ignorance is no excuse.

Let’s talk about today. On another thread there are two individuals, who I am sure are both saved Christians. They certainly both think they are. However they are 100% at odds over a certain issue they believe as part of their doctrine. They both can’t be right. At most only one can be right, and the both could be incorrect. Is one going to Hell even though they both have given their lives to Christ? No way. But still, ignorance can’t be an excuse.

What about willful sin? Some argue that willful sin makes one lose their salvation. Ok, but what if one is intentionally speeding and even decides to go through a red light because no cars are coming in order to not be late for church. Sin or not? It was intentionally breaking the law and even putting other people at risk. Hell bound?

I used the examples above to illustrate that no matter how good one tries to be, they are going to be incorrect, and incorrect is imperfection. Heaven is perfect and imperfections aren’t allowed. But wait! Jesus took all that was incorrect and nullified it. Intentional or unintentional, sin is sin, and no one gets to heaven, no matter how hard they try, on their own merit. It’s Jesus’ blood and only Jesus’ blood. And his blood needs no assistance from the imperfects.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don’t think of sin in terms of good and bad. I consider sin to be “incorrect”. Some sin is definitely bad like murder, robbery, etc. but some sin is just being “incorrect”.

For example, few Christians would not argue that smoking is bad for you and thus a sin. What about the millions of lifelong Christian smokers from 1920 to 1970? Most of them probably never thought about it one way or the other. Did that make it bad? Nobody thought it was bad back then. It was certainly incorrect. If it’s a sin now, it was a sin back then. Did they all go to Hell? Of course not. But still ignorance is no excuse.

Let’s talk about today. On another thread there are two individuals, who I am sure are both saved Christians. They certainly both think they are. However they are 100% at odds over a certain issue they believe as part of their doctrine. They both can’t be right. At most only one can be right, and the both could be incorrect. Is one going to Hell even though they both have given their lives to Christ? No way. But still, ignorance can’t be an excuse.

What about willful sin? Some argue that willful sin makes one lose their salvation. Ok, but what if one is intentionally speeding and even decides to go through a red light because no cars are coming in order to not be late for church. Sin or not? It was intentionally breaking the law and even putting other people at risk. Hell bound?

I used the examples above to illustrate that no matter how good one tries to be, they are going to be incorrect, and incorrect is imperfection. Heaven is perfect and imperfections aren’t allowed. But wait! Jesus took all that was incorrect and nullified it. Intentional or unintentional, sin is sin, and no one gets to heaven, no matter how hard they try, on their own merit. It’s Jesus’ blood and only Jesus’ blood. And his blood needs no assistance from the imperfects.
I like your post, and the points you are making and/or are trying to make, and where or how you seem to going with it, but I do have a few questions, if you'll bear with me...?

Like, "How (exactly and specifically) did Jesus "solve the problem", and or the issue of sin...?"

If He nullified it, then can we still "get away with", I guess you could say, some sin or certain kinds of sin(s), but not others, or what...?

And, I would like to add that for some reason, "ignorance" really gets under my skin sometimes...? Not only do I think that we, or none of us, can no longer afford to be ignorant, but, beyond that, I think many choose their ignorance, or to remain in (their) ignorance, by their own choice... And beyond that, they seem to choose it every single time, even when, or every time someone, even maybe very, or in a way, that should be very successful (truth), but all to often, is not...

Ignorance really bothers me...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
Los Angeles
✟8,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There is not escaping it cause the more aware and knowledgeable you become (with sin) you will truly realize how narrow that narrow road "really is", and will know that you have failed and will continue to fail... (the real and true purpose of the Law)...

How much concern does a believer have to have about sin...? or, if you must, different kinds of sins, ect...?

I say "if you must", cause if you do do that, I find that very sinful in itself, but that's just me I guess... As very many and a lot of things are sin... Which is kind of my point, or part of my point, and we have to start from there, that is that, "everyone sins" and are all each equal sinners and each sin equally in God's eyes, and that is the judgement and we must start from there or that point...

So, how much does a believer have to be concerned about sin...? and what kinds of sins, are the most important, least important, ect...? if you or we must do that with them, that is, and only if we can do that without it being or becoming sinful...

God Bless!

God Bless!

You are going to sin as a Christian. Here’s what Paul said in Romans 3: 9-12

What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.”

As a Christian you should not be focusing on your sin, or judging yourself. You are to be seeking God’s Kingdom, and bringing it to earth. Focus on loving God, brother.

Blessings

• Friendly
Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
Los Angeles
✟8,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like your post, and the points you are making and/or are trying to make, and where or how you seem to going with it, but I do have a few questions, if you'll bear with me...?

Like, "How (exactly and specifically) did Jesus "solve the problem", and or the issue of sin...?"

If He nullified it, then can we still "get away with", I guess you could say, some sin or certain kinds of sin(s), but not others, or what...?

And, I would like to add that for some reason, "ignorance" really gets under my skin sometimes...? Not only do I think that we, or none of us, can no longer afford to be ignorant, but, beyond that, I think many choose their ignorance, or to remain in (their) ignorance, by their own choice... And beyond that, they seem to choose it every single time, even when, or every time someone, even maybe very, or in a way, that should be very successful (truth), but all to often, is not...

Ignorance really bothers me...

God Bless!
Sorrry to jump in, but just wanted to say that Jesus “solved” sin by his sacrifice on the Cross. He took on all the sins of the entire world and cast them into the sea of forgetfulness. God CANNOT judge you any longer for your sins because he placed all His wrath upon Jesus. He has no more punishment to give out. “It is finished.” Done, paid in full. If you experience shame or guilt it is because someone else put it there, not God. Read it bro, we are free!
God bless

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You are going to sin as a Christian. Here’s what Paul said in Romans 3: 9-12

What shall we conclude then? Do we have any advantage? Not at all! For we have already made the charge that Jews and Gentiles alike are all under the power of sin. As it is written:
“There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.”

As a Christian you should not be focusing on your sin, or judging yourself. You are to be seeking God’s Kingdom, and bringing it to earth. Focus on loving God, brother.

Blessings
Thanks You brother...

I really only do it on here, and most often after, or beyond that, I don't really sit around and think on it all the time or dwell on it too much...

And when I'm not busy on here, I do try (and think I do pretty successfully) love and show my love to and for others a lot, (cause I know that is the way), and walking in that love, in person, makes me not think about it (the things I have, show, discuss, and talk about on here) or dwell on it too much or a lot...

However on here, I'm a bit different, cause this is where I go to discuss things that might have only in the back of my mind prior to that, and pose questions, see if those questions can be answered, ect...

But, Thank You Brother...

I really am much different in person than I am on here, or than I feel I have to be on here sometimes...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Sorrry to jump in, but just wanted to say that Jesus “solved” sin by his sacrifice on the Cross. He took on all the sins of the entire world and cast them into the sea of forgetfulness. God CANNOT judge you any longer for your sins because he placed all His wrath upon Jesus. He has no more punishment to give out. “It is finished.” Done, paid in full. If you experience shame or guilt it is because someone else put it there, not God. Read it bro, we are free!
God bless
Thanks Brother, but will you bear with me just a little bit more maybe...?

My concern is sin destroying a nation/society, ect, and is really the only reason I am even discussing this on here...

And while Jesus might have taken care of fully, the "eternal consequences" for and with our sin, or the eternal aspects/repercussions of it, if we only believe in Him and have faith and are one of His, "In Heaven" IOW's; the problem of sin still greatly affects us all "here" and could have a lot of consequences still, for us all "here" and while we are "here" at least, and that is my number one main concern and issue and is why I am (trying to) discuss this and figure it out...

Thanks again,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

My concern is sin destroying a nation/society, ect, and is really the only reason I am even discussing this on here...

And while Jesus might have taken care of fully, the "eternal consequences" for and with our sin, or the eternal aspects/repercussions of it, if we only believe in Him and have faith and are one of His, "In Heaven" IOW's; the problem of sin still greatly affects us all "here" and could have a lot of consequences still, for us all "here" and while we are "here" at least, and that is my number one main concern and issue and is why I am (trying to) discuss this and figure it out...

Thanks again,

God Bless!
I'm very worried about my nation and it's people, and our world and the rest of the world and it's people, and I know sin is the cause...

I fear our nation and or the entire world will fall and it will be due to all of ours, sins (and ignorance)... And, all of ours sins are making all of us suffer in the meantime also...

I would like (us) (to be able to) do something about it/that (sin) if possible, cause what Jesus did really didn't change any or much of that here, not yet anyway...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Nov 22, 2018
Los Angeles
✟8,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks again,

God Bless!
I understand. But hey, we live in a fallen world. We can make an impact for the good if we trust God, follow him, and forsake ourselves. But the bottom line is that even the plants are crying out because of sin. God is more concerned with His church coming to a full knowledge of Him. Jesus is coming back for his bride, the church. The world doesn’t want anything to do with that. Where you writing from?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I understand. But hey, we live in a fallen world. We can make an impact for the good if we trust God, follow him, and forsake ourselves. But the bottom line is that even the plants are crying out because of sin. God is more concerned with His church coming to a full knowledge of Him. Jesus is coming back for his bride, the church. The world doesn’t want anything to do with that.

Thanks Brother,

I still think we should be trying to get as many as we can to be very interested in that as possible, don't you...? And do all and/or what we all can, right...? Till He does come back, right...?

Where you writing from?

Wait, Do you mean physically or spiritually, or what...? (cause this question kind of throws me)...? :scratch:

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ColoRaydo

Feb 9, 2017
Colorado
✟33,572.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I'm very worried about my nation and it's people, and our world and the rest of the world and it's people, and I know sin is the cause...

I fear our nation and or the entire world will fall and it will be due to all of ours, sins (and ignorance)... And, all of ours sins are making all of us suffer in the meantime also...

For centuries people have said we are in the end times because of wickedness.

People said that if Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump gets elected this nation is going to hell!

Don’t forget - God is sovereign. He is in control. We can’t save or destroy this world because God is in control. We won’t delay or hasten the second coming of Christ. It comes when it comes. None of this absolves us of being good Christians or good citizens or caretakers of the Earth, but ultimately, God is in control, not us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Nov 22, 2018
Los Angeles
✟8,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Brother,

I still think we should be trying to get as many as we can to be very interested in that as possible, don't you...? And do all and/or what we all can, right...? Till He does come back, right...?

Wait, Do you mean physically or spiritually, or what...? (cause this question kind of throws me)...? :scratch:

God Bless!
Absolutely we should be doing all we can do until Jesus returns. It is, however sometimes extremely difficult to do the things he is asking us to do, and precisely when he directs. We need to be prepared when opportunities arise, and boldly act. I struggle with this, honestly, living in a better union with the Holy Spirit. He is going to tell us what to say and do if we just get out of the way. He can work through us according to how much we surrender. God bless brother.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
For centuries people have said we are in the end times because of wickedness.

People said that if Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, Trump gets elected this nation is going to hell!

Don’t forget - God is sovereign. He is in control. We can’t save or destroy this world because God is in control. We won’t delay or hasten the second coming of Christ. It comes when it comes. None of this absolves us of being good Christians or good citizens or caretakers of the Earth, but ultimately, God is in control, not us.
And I would agree with that, except that none of us, not even Jesus, (while he was here), (nor any of the angels) knew the exact time, day, season, ect, of the (end times) event(s) or when in time, "exactly when" those things (events, especially end times events) would or would not happen...

And while the Father knows and always knew, for he determined, or pre-determined it all from the very beginning, none of us know... And since none of us know, none of us can tell or know for sure, not only when and where and how it (certain foretold events) would or will happen, but also, well, mainly "when" exactly they would happen as well...

And since none of us know exactly "when" (at all), we do not know if it can be brought on sooner (than we would think or expect) or delayed for later (than we would think or expect) cause only the Father knows for sure...

IOW's (and to sum it/this up) "cause we don't know, we don't know", basically... Which to me, leaves us with a choice, to try or not to try, and I choose to try, till the end if necessary...

Our not knowing leaves us with a choice, so, which would or do you choose, not knowing and all...? (I say this part to all)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Contradiction: Messages about God's Mercy, Love, Kindness, Compassion, Forgiveness and Grace, justification by Faith alone, and all that, that are all to clear (supposedly)... And then, messages about Judgment, that are also, all to clear (supposedly) (and/or on the "surface" anyway)...?

How do we reconcile these, for they seem opposed...?

Most of know the Grace, Mercy, Love, Compassion, ect, verses and ways and theology (well, most of us anyway) for that is even known and can be known in and by the heart, or a person's heart, or knowing hearts, (or the hearts of men/man) alone...

But what about the verses about Judgment...? that (to sum them all up), basically say that if you sin at all, you will not get into, nor ever see the Kingdom of God...?

This can be both Old or New Testament, doesn't matter, they basically all say that if you sin (at all) you do not "get in" (to Heaven)...

So, what do we do about this...?

Does it mean if you "continue in these sins by the end", or what...? But/and also because many say that logically it is impossible for any of us to be sinless, and I would agree with that, but the Messages about Judgment are still there, (along with Grace), and they are, or appear to be very, or all too clear, at least on the surface...?

We do know that, almost nearly always, at least with us, that if we try to do away with and/or conquer sin in our own strength, it will not work, except for only deceiving a person into thinking they have, or do, or are, or can ever be, basically, 100% totally sinless...

Ideas...? Thoughts...?

God Bless!
Hi, I love the questions! First hand I would say I dont know completely and what I think I may know I may not know, but will still like to give an answer by what I suppose.

As for the kingdom ...one question is...when can one enter? I propose the kingdom is available now to enter and therefore all passages are not speaking concerning the kingdom as to entering after physical death literally but death of dying to one's own kingdom or selfish desires while on earth.

With that said then, one may also see the meaning of many judgement passage as they relate to the state of human life on earth now. AS RETHINKING the term"PERISHING" or such in terms of those that have not entered. "Going in and out finding green pasture" for instance. I for one stand by the Ideal that life or abundant life...rather the expression eternal life or life eternal has anything in reference to it, is something we truly experience and we do know when we have it...truly experience the expression: I come that they may have life, and have it more a abundantly.
And so last salvation is Christ's Life...or the resurrected life of Christ. If it is His life we must labor to enter His rest. For He alone has conquered death. And yes I believe it takes effort to inter in..."let us labor to enter that rest" He is our Sabbath! He has done the work.....yet we must enter in what is finished by putting off the flesh clothing ourselves with Christ....And even in this we do not do alone..

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hi, I love the questions! First hand I would say I dont know completely and what I think I may know I may not know, but will still like to give an answer by what I suppose.

As for the kingdom ...one question is...when can one enter? I purpose the kingdom is available now to enter and therefore all passages are not speaking concerning the kingdom as to entering after physical death literally but death of dying to one's own kingdom or selfish desires while on earth.

With that said then, one may also see the meaning of many judgement passage as they relate to the state of human life on earth now. AS RETHINKING the term"PERISHING" or such in terms of those that have not entered. "Going in and out finding green pasture" for instance. I for one stand by the Ideal that life or abundant life...rather the expression eternal life or life eternal has anything in reference to it, is something we truly experience and we do know when we have it...truly experience the expression: I come that they may have life, and have it more a abundantly.
And so last salvation is Christ's Life...or the resurrected life of Christ. If it is His life we must labor to enter His rest. For He alone has conquered death. And yes I believe it takes effort to inter in..."let us labor to enter that rest" He is our Sabbath! He has done the work.....yet we must enter in what is finished by putting off the flesh clothing ourselves with Christ....And even in this we do not do alone..
Maybe... maybe...

Thanks for your thoughts and input though...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Maybe... maybe...

Thanks for your thoughts and input though...

God Bless!
For even when I thought to myself that I didn't want to wait until something happened to me to go to God...and started to love my children by intentionally doing things for them, God had blessed me with life of Joy and Peace. And after this ....when I sought Him with my whole heart....its truly up to us to count the cost to surrender our own lives to Him....or continue to follow after our own desires that usually lead to death or perishing....emptiness. Therefore salvation is continuously keeping our eyes on Christ....living out His life.

Upvote 0