Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Second beast of Dan. 7. (according to the Contemporary view.)

`And suddenly another beast, a second, like a bear. ` (Dan. 7: 5)

The bear was the National symbol of the Soviets. They were the next super power to arise in the world. They were called the U.S.S.R. - the United States of Soviet Russia.

`It was raised up on one side, and had three ribs in its mouth between its teeth. And they said thus to it: “Arise, devour much flesh!” (Dan. 7: 5)

It certainly `devoured` country after country, incorporating them into one monolithic (single) dominion, behind the `iron curtain.`

In 1991 there was an uprising in the U.S.S.R. and the former Soviet peoples then separated into their different countries. This change was called by the Russians as `Perestroika,` meaning restructuring. Elections were held but they were not free, as each country still retained the same philosophy, (Communism) ideology and militaristic ambitions.

The Russian Republic became the dominant force in the Confederacy of nations from the Slovac countries of eastern Europe to the various republics along Russia`s southern border.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Timeline of `Bear` from other scriptures.

1. 1917 (Dan. 7: 5) The Soviet Union with the Communist philosophy took over from the Tsar. Over time they killed more than 40 million people in their gulags, work camps. They certainly `devoured much flesh!` (Dan. 7: 5)

2. 1991 (Ez. 38: 3 & 6) We well remember the fall of the Berlin wall which marked the end of the great Soviet Union. That northern country, was then divided up into, Russia, the leader, and the former countries of the Soviet Union. They became independent but still held the same communist philosophy and militaristic ambitions.

3. 202? (Ez. 38: 16, & Joel 2: 1 & 20) Before the tribulation the Russian Federation plus Iran, Libya & Ethiopia, (Ez.38: 5) will be brought by God down to the mountains of Israel for judgment. (Ez. 38: 22) Most of their armies will be decimated.

4. 202? (Dan. 7:7) During the tribulation, the fourth beastly Federation will trample down what is left of Russia, etc. They will come under its control.

5. 202? (Rev. 13: 2) In the middle of the tribulation we see that the Global Government has `feet like the feet of a bear.` This indicates the ruthlessness of this rulership.

6. 202? (Dan. 7: 12) At the end of the tribulation we read that this former great power, Russia, has it`s dominion taken away, but will continue for a while.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
USSR devouring much flesh..jpg

Olympic Games Bear Poster..jpg

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Did you know parts of the former Soviet Union are now in NATO? I think if the visions of Daniel can be modernized, its now just Russia and not the USSR that are represented by the Bear. Perhaps even the other communist nations that remain like North Korea, Cuba, and China might replace the countries that joined NATO? Ukraine desperately wants to join NATO, but apparently NATO is not inclined to admit them, possibly out of fear of initiating World War 3? Just some thoughts to go along with this idea of a modern interpretation of Daniel. I find your concept very intriguing as a young student of eschatology, amongst all these experts in this section of Christian Forums. While I might argue with them from time to time, it is never with disrespect but with a sense of honor to even be permitted to talk with such profound men and women of our faith.

Note this article is from 2004 and the list could now be a tad different:

7 Former Communist Countries Join NATO

"The relatively young democracies that joined the North Atlantic Treaty Organization yesterday included three former Soviet republics -- the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania -- and three members of the former Warsaw Pact: Bulgaria, Romania and Slovakia."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...in-nato/476d93dc-e4bd-4f05-9a15-5b66d322d0e6/

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you know parts of the former Soviet Union are now in NATO? I think if the visions of Daniel can be modernized, its now just Russia and not the USSR that are represented by the Bear. Perhaps even the other communist nations that remain like North Korea, Cuba, and China might replace the countries that joined NATO? Ukraine desperately wants to join NATO, but apparently NATO is not inclined to admit them, possibly out of fear of initiating World War 3? Just some thoughts to go along with this idea of a modern interpretation of Daniel. I find your concept very intriguing as a young student of eschatology, amongst all these experts in this section of Christian Forums. While I might argue with them from time to time, it is never with disrespect but with a sense of honor to even be permitted to talk with such profound men and women of our faith.

Note this article is from 2004 and the list could now be a tad different:

7 Former Communist Countries Join NATO

"The relatively young democracies that joined the North Atlantic Treaty Organization yesterday included three former Soviet republics -- the Baltic states of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania -- and three members of the former Warsaw Pact: Bulgaria, Romania and Slovakia."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...in-nato/476d93dc-e4bd-4f05-9a15-5b66d322d0e6/

Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your interest and great find there. And you are right, (as I have posted) that the USSR has been broken down into Russia and former Soviet countries.

As I post more about the other beastly powers I will also talk about how they have formed a Global Government. Glad you are keeping up with what is happening. I find God`s word so up to date.

And we need to remember that those teachers who taught me in the `70`s did not know about the Soviet Union breaking up, or the EU becoming a world power or the final beast arising.

So it is not `newspaper eschatlology` as the naysayers think, but revelation from God BEFORE any of the great powers of our time arose, (except the British Empire).

Hope you can keep us informed of more interesting bits.

regards, Marilyn.

• Friendly
Reactions: Jeffwhosoever
Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟394,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Jeff,

Thank you very much for your interest and great find there. And you are right, (as I have posted) that the USSR has been broken down into Russia and former Soviet countries.

As I post more about the other beastly powers I will also talk about how they have formed a Global Government. Glad you are keeping up with what is happening. I find God`s word so up to date.

And we need to remember that those teachers who taught me in the `70`s did not know about the Soviet Union breaking up, or the EU becoming a world power or the final beast arising.

So it is not `newspaper eschatlology` as the naysayers think, but revelation from God BEFORE any of the great powers of our time arose, (except the British Empire).

Hope you can keep us informed of more interesting bits.

regards, Marilyn.

Very kind remarks. I will keep up with this most interesting thread and try to help as best I can because it is certainly plausible to think that Daniel was seeing far beyond the next few hundred years because we are relatively sure he saw all the way to the second coming of the Lord which has not yet occurred, at least in what I read in SCRIPTURE and not in headline eschatology which is another great point you made.

Reactions: Marilyn C
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟598,287.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Third beast of Dan. 7. (according to the Contemporary view.)

`After this I looked, and there was another, like a leopard,...` (Dan. 7: 6)

The Leopard symbol has a direct connection to Europe, as they were used on their banners and shields in wars.

`The beast also had four heads,...` (Dan. 7: 6)

The four heads on those beasts denote a multiplicity of authority or government who have united in a common purpose. Six countries of Europe agreed to a commercial unity of purpose in a common market. However at the time of inauguration, three of these countries, combined their representation and voting, into one entity called `Benelux.`

- France, Germany, Italy and Benelux. (Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg.)

`Dominion was given to it.` (Dan. 7: 6)

Each of the foundation countries were defeated and powerless at the conclusion of WW 2. However authority as independent nations was granted by favour of the Allies.

Many other countries have now joined the European Union. The 2008 economic crisis caused many countries to restructure their finance and become European dependent.

Marilyn.

Upvote 0