Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ashes to ashes and dust to dust - we are all going to die. For me, quality of life counts for more than mere staving off death until the last possible second.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It promotes evil. Mindlessly being in favour of mere life is wrong, and to force it on others can be devastating. It promotes rules over people, and legalism over compassion, and oppression over liberty. It is used to treat the ill and old worse than animals.

If a death is unjust, it is unjust for a reason, not just because mere life is magical.

Reactions: KitKatMatt
Upvote 0

Usethepen

Jan 7, 2013
✟7,787.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
It promotes evil. Mindlessly being in favour of mere life is wrong, and to force it on others can be devastating. It promotes rules over people, and legalism over compassion, and oppression over liberty. It is used to treat the ill and old worse than animals.

God gave us the marijuana plant and the opium poppy to stop pain.

Reactions: Theodiskaz
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Please tell me, how do pain relievers stop the waisting misery that ALS inflicts on humans and why the state should have the right to force people to suffer needlessly?

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Usethepen

Jan 7, 2013
✟7,787.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Please tell me, how do pain relievers stop the waisting misery that ALS inflicts on humans and why the state should have the right to force people to suffer needlessly?

ALS is caused by hits to the head, over and over again.
Yet boxing and football are not stopped.

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
ALS is caused by hits to the head, over and over again.
Yet boxing and football are not stopped.

That has nothing to do with the question I asked.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

What is your point? Even the best painkillers can't stop all pain you know. You can still be in terrible pain. There there is also the problem of dignity. There are other reasons, other than pain, to rationally choose to die.

Their life, their choice.

1111toon_wasserman.jpg

Reactions: OldWiseGuy
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single

If a death is unjust, it is unjust for a reason, not just because mere life is magical.

It premotes evil?

Seriously where do you get off saying that?

Every system of believe promotes its "rules over people" and "morals", including your left wing ideologies. Something your lot feel free to try and force down the throats of us who dont agree with you, but others cant?.

I can claim Secularism premotes evil then does it?

This ethic of life is an ideology, which the followers of course try to make others agree with them, they're not however some armed insurrection group, killing innocent people are forcing their way of life onto you.

You wonder why I slate the left so much and this is a typical example, basically someone who disagrees with the left's values are "evil" and/or "abnormal"

you're either niave, ignorant or bigotted to call them evil, they're not like Nazis or anything.

Upvote 0

All Englands Skies

Christian-Syndicalist
Nov 4, 2008
Midlands
✟221,057.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I am pro-legalized abortion and anti-capital punishment, so the "consistent" bit I can't get with.

I am morally against abortion, but leave it up to the individual choice.

I am also against the death penalty.

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
It premotes evil?

Seriously where do you get off saying that?

Cos I'm special. :D

Every system of believe promotes its "rules over people" and "morals", including your left wing ideologies. Something your lot feel free to try and force down the throats of us who dont agree with you, but others cant?.

I consider myself more liberal than left-wing. What of my morals promotes rules over people? Though I'm not sure if you know my morals well enough to answer that.

I can claim Secularism premotes evil then does it?

Well you can, but isn't is secularism that gives us religious freedom?

This ethic of life is an ideology, which the followers of course try to make others agree with them, they're not however some armed insurrection group, killing innocent people are forcing their way of life onto you.

No, but they use the government to control others by the power of government. I would have no problem with them trying to convince others. My problem is with the old and sick being treated worse than animals, and being forced to needless suffer against their will. They give the ownership of other peoples lives to the government. I consider that at least unjust, and sometimes disgusting.

You wonder why I slate the left so much and this is a typical example, basically someone who disagrees with the left's values are "evil" and/or "abnormal"

I don't necessarily consider myself leftist. I'm more concerned with social freedoms than economic justice. If you mean me.

I don't mind your disagreement. If I support the right to die you can call me a murderer is you want. But if you try to prevent that by the power of law, I will call that specific moral of yours 'evil'.

I don't call most other legal disagreements 'evil'. If you were against the legalisation of drugs I wouldn't consider that evil. If you are against same sex-marriage, I don't consider that evil.

you're either niave, ignorant or bigotted to call them evil, they're not like Nazis or anything.

By the way, I'm not saying the people are evil. The moral opinion is. I consider the denial of the 'right to die' up there with slavery, and close to torture in extreme cases. Perhaps the treatment of the old and sick as lower than animals is comparable to Nazis. (By which I mean, we allow euthanasia for animals in pain, etc).

If someone in the most extreme of suffering begged another for death, and it was denied, I would wonder if the second person with either a coward, completely self-centred, or a monster.

Upvote 0

SPB1987

Jul 29, 2011
✟9,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0